Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 05-04-2014, 05:43 PM   #1
47AJV8

Drives: A White Car
How has your after-sale service with Whipple been?

I'm looking specifically for people who had issues and contacted whipple about them, my local guy feels like the quality of service from whipple is nowhere near as good as from Magnuson or Vortech, but that the blower itself is an incredible piece of machinery.

So I want to hear from you guys, had a great experience? Maybe a hiccup or two? Thanks for letting me!
Old 05-05-2014, 11:15 AM   #2
Team STILLEN

Drives: Varies
Whipple's customer service is very good!

Ask for Dennis and he will take care of you.

JT
Team STILLEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 11:26 AM   #3
bwk1971
Res Ipsa Loquitur

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS Vert Supercharged
I've had nothing but good experiences with Whipple. I contacted them several times during my build and they were always very responsive and helpful. My experience was so great that I purchased some Whipple t-shirts so that I could represent them in my area.

In addition to the great customer service, the performance is amazing!
"STREET LEGAL" 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3 Convertible -- 2.9l Whipple Supercharger, CDC SportBar, Cordon CR-1 and MRR M017 wheels, Hex Vents, RPI ZL1 Splitter, CAI, Pfadt Tri-Y Headers, high-flow cats, ZR1 3 bar map sensor, ZL1 fuel pump, 3.875" pulley, ADM FPCM, 1LE PCV Oil Separator Kit, Elite Catch Can, APEX scoop and washer bottle relocation kit, Hotchkis lowering springs, BMR sways, BMR toe rods, BMR trailing arms, 620 rwhp, 564 rwtq, and tuned by Andrew Zurick of Complete Street Performance by way of Maryland Speed.
bwk1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 06:27 PM   #4
simon.w
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS RS 6M Inferno Orange
Brilliant after sales support. I've needed a few extra parts along the way and they have always been courteous and prompt. I bet it either comes down to how much margin he's making from the other brands or how familiar he is with the install.
simon.w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 11:31 PM   #5
47AJV8

Drives: A White Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team STILLEN View Post
Whipple's customer service is very good!

Ask for Dennis and he will take care of you.

JT
Alright, good to know, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwk1971 View Post
I've had nothing but good experiences with Whipple. I contacted them several times during my build and they were always very responsive and helpful. My experience was so great that I purchased some Whipple t-shirts so that I could represent them in my area.

In addition to the great customer service, the performance is amazing!
Cool, that's what I had heard from everyone but my guy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon.w View Post
Brilliant after sales support. I've needed a few extra parts along the way and they have always been courteous and prompt. I bet it either comes down to how much margin he's making from the other brands or how familiar he is with the install.
Ya that's what I am starting to think as well, they probably just get a great deal on Maggie, etc because they sell so many. Seems like Whipple is quite on the up and up then! Good to know, I think they make amazing blowers.
Old 05-11-2014, 02:24 PM   #6
Batmanntexas

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS (2SS)
I would agree with the vast majority here; Whipple rocks, both their products and after sales support. I purchased their blower last summer for my 2012 SS, and received the kit a few days later. I didn't get around to installing it until about 3 months later. During install, I discovered that my 2012 was a hybrid 2012-2013 model year crossover, where GM had made some revisions to the Camaro, which in turn caused some of Whipple's components to not mount correctly. I contacted Whipple about the issue, they said they were aware of it, and over-nighted me the correct replacement pieces, at no charge to me. Awesome company. This is the second blower that I have purchased from Whipple, and I won't hesitate to purchase a third when the time comes.

COTW 9/8/14
Batmanntexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 09:42 PM   #7
TheMeat

Drives: 1973 Camaro
No issues here with any questions or parts with mine.

I had to order a few gaskets after porting the snout and they were helpful and easy to deal with.
Old 05-12-2014, 01:55 PM   #8
halo8hkk

Drives: 2000 Z28. 2010 1SS IMB.
i had issues during install, called them they talked me threw it. it was a mistake on there instructions. he thanked me for finding it and they where going to make a correction in the next rev. very nice and helpfull.

2010 1SS/RS = Mysstique
Whipple Supercharger
Dyno= 618hp 555tq at the wheels
IMB Silver Stripes
VIN#44025
Born: 9/9/09 Delivered: 9/28/09
halo8hkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 02:15 PM   #9
Dwarfey

Drives: 2011 1LT A/T Black w/ Red Stripes
I actually work for a shop that sells Whipple products and I've had no problems with their service. They answer all of our questions, and it seems like most everyone there actually knows the product rather than just winging it. That being said, if any of you want a SC or parts for one, I can see if I can work some magic and hook you up
-MRT v2.0 Exhaust -Painted Red Racing Stripes -Volant Cold Air Intake -Painted Red Interior Accents -Anzo Projector Headlights w/ Oracle White/Red Halos -Black Bowties -Rockford Fosgate 10" Sub w/ 1000W Kenwood Amp
-ZL1 Spoiler - Gloss Black Powder-coated 20" SS Wheels
Dwarfey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 09:44 AM   #10
Freyguy08

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS RS
The Whipple product and customer service IMO is top of the line. The instruction manual for the 2012 ls3 leaves a little to be desired though. The pump for my intercooler wasn't the right one (the port needed an angle that it didn't have) but after a quick trip to the hardware store I modified it and it hooked up nicely. They left out a couple of steps, and quite frankly a few steps were even wrong. For example, something as minor as telling me to remove the some torx screws that ended up being 10mm bolts etc etc. When I called them up they admitted 2012 is a tough year because of the possible differences in that year and I quote, "We assume the installer can just work through some of those issues and figure it out on their own." They even through in a couple extra parts which scared me at the end but I sent them pictures of them and they said those weren't needed.
Never having installed anything like this before it was kind of difficult for me but I took my time and didn't get frustrated. All in all it took me about 30 hours but, along with some over the phone help from Whipple, its all in correctly and runs like a champ!
Now I just need to get it on the dyno (June 5th). I haven't heard great things about the tune that comes with it but hopefully everything holds up!

Comin' in hot!
Freyguy08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 10:15 AM   #11
willhe64

Drives: 2012 45th Vert, 2011 4x4, 9sec Vega
My buddy works on Offshore racing boats, Whipple service is spectacular. Dustin Whipple flew in to his shop Canada to help with one issue.

Tags
sale, service, whipple