Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 03-24-2014, 07:48 PM   #15
NJ Drive
Account Suspended

Drives: '14 1SS 1LE white
Price is steep, but from the research and dialogue I've done with Andie, they were a necessary purchase.
NJ Drive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 11:58 PM   #16
TBone
Negative Camber Junkie

Drives: 2010 1SS LS3/6MN ABM 1 of 23
^^^ Andie Lin? Great guy.

And I go direct too.

T.
I can't wait for my next
Track fix.
DA HAWKS OWN DA CUP!!!!!
TBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 12:10 AM   #17
Avalnch

Drives: Rally Yellow Camaro+Avalanche
Yes, I order direct from Cobalt too. Andie is great at taking care of your orders and answering all your questions.
Vengeance Kaotik Cam, C.A.I., ARH LT, Pypes Cat Back, ZL1 Shifter+2012LS3VERT bushing, Quantum Brake Ducts, JDP Tow Hook Scorch Yellow Trim Kit, Shark Fin, AAC DRLs+ABLs+SMDs, ZTA Rear Spoiler, R.Y. 1LE Splitter. Pfadt coilovers, camber plates, trailing arms, Pegasus Solid Subframe. Pedders ZL1 barz, radius arm & steering rack bushings. BMR adjustable toe-rods. Hotchkis Max Chassis Brace. ZL1 GMPP Driveline Upgrade. TurnOne P/S pump. CTS-V 6 pistons.
447 HP @ 6180 RPM / 418 TQ @ 5100 RPM
Avalnch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 05:11 PM   #18
Synner

Drives: cars
I spoke with him today, he said stock ZL1 pads if I wanna swap but it will slightly reduce the life of both pad and rotor by swapping back and forth.

I'm going to see how disgustingly noisy and messy they are first before buying anything else. I've been driving with track pads and don't care about noise/dust as long as it doesn't split an ear drum. The brakes cold will still outbrake the tailgater behind me which is who's braking power really matters.
Synner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 09:27 PM   #19
Megatron

Drives: '14 1LE
Order direct
Old 03-25-2014, 09:37 PM   #20
So Cal Camaro
So Cal Race Team

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synner View Post
I spoke with him today, he said stock ZL1 pads if I wanna swap but it will slightly reduce the life of both pad and rotor by swapping back and forth.

I'm going to see how disgustingly noisy and messy they are first before buying anything else. I've been driving with track pads and don't care about noise/dust as long as it doesn't split an ear drum. The brakes cold will still outbrake the tailgater behind me which is who's braking power really matters.
I didn't find them very noisy, but the dust is a constant killer in trying to keep wheels clean and don't ever let the wheels get wet without getting the dust off completely, because that stuff is like concrete when it dries...
Old 03-25-2014, 10:10 PM   #21
axis
Search Ninja

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS A6
Have you looked at Carbotech pads?
Bo (knows) White ported TB
Kooks LT's/ Dynomax VT
Pfadted (springs/sways)
Dyno tuned by Rhino and GPI

I once parallel parked a train.
axis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 06:08 AM   #22
Synner

Quote:
Originally Posted by So Cal Camaro View Post
I didn't find them very noisy, but the dust is a constant killer in trying to keep wheels clean and don't ever let the wheels get wet without getting the dust off completely, because that stuff is like concrete when it dries...
I've already partially liquified the powdercoat on my calipers and embedded dust throughout so I've come to accept it.
Old 03-26-2014, 10:02 AM   #23
BullF-16
USAF retired! Thank God!

Drives: 2011 1SS, 1LT red,1LT/RS SGM 98Z28
I paid over $700 for my CFs. What kind of price are you guys getting by ordering direct....with the love for the military?
HKE LSX427(Mast blk lbl 305 6bolt LS7heads, PatG231/246 blower cam, RWHP/TQ: 1281/1133 SNL Performance Custom Twin PT6766 BB turbos 4 to 25psi selectable on the Boost Leash controller, Squash dual 400LPH/ID2000s, ALKY 4 gal meth, Autometer AFR/Bst/oilpres/oiltemp/fuelpress gauges, Pedders Justice road crs pkg: All HD bushes, supercar 12kg coil overs, supercar ZL1 sways, camber plates all setup by JusticePete! :Gforce 9" 35spline S-Trac, 1500hp Outlaw axles, 3.5"alum DS, Monster Triple disc; 4xForgeline 19x10.5 4xBridgestone 305/30R19 RE-11, CTS-v calipers/rotors/Cobalt friction XR1/3 pads
BullF-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 07:26 PM   #24
Synner

Quote:
Originally Posted by axis View Post
Have you looked at Carbotech pads?
I have but from my research its somewhere inbetween cobalt friction and hawk in terms of quality and track capability. At this point after 2 failures I'm going with what everyone seems to consider the best with the highest temp rating. Upgrading through poor choices has been more expensive than just going big in the first place, especially considering losing track time due to bad pads failing.
Old 03-27-2014, 02:11 PM   #25
NJ Drive
Account Suspended

Drives: '14 1SS 1LE white
Received mine today.

NJ Drive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 05:48 PM   #26
So Cal Camaro
So Cal Race Team

Quote:
I've already partially liquified the powdercoat on my calipers and embedded dust throughout so I've come to accept it.
I would recommend black matte wheels and that would pretty much solve the problem....only autoxing in the near future and so far, the Hawk DTC30's are working well...I'm with you, for a road course, I wouldn't run anything less than CF's....
Old 03-27-2014, 06:08 PM   #27
Synner

Says the man with bright red wheels, LOL. I'll just have to call my car Salt n Pepper since the silver wheels and yellow calipers will be embedded with brake grit forever. The few people in the know will understand the dirt and noise, I'm not so concerned with the people who stare at their parked car and talk about how fast they think it is while waxing it every Saturday.

Pads will be here Monday.
Old 03-27-2014, 06:22 PM   #28
So Cal Camaro
So Cal Race Team

Quote:
Says the man with bright red wheels, LOL. I'll just have to call my car Salt n Pepper since the silver wheels and yellow calipers will be embedded with brake grit forever. The few people in the know will understand the dirt and noise, I'm not so concerned with the people who stare at their parked car and talk about how fast they think it is while waxing it every Saturday.

Pads will be here Monday.
Yes, I know...red wheels may turn out to be a bad choice to try and keep clean...I was just out using the air compressor to blow some of the nice black brake dust off, before washing the car...I know what you mean, my Forgeline's are beat due to CF's...