Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 12-05-2012, 07:10 PM   #29
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by kostnkost View Post
Rather than start another post, I figured to ask here.

How often do you have to change the filter on this? I drive around 25k/yr and was curious if this has to be changed annually.
The filter will out last your car. You simply "recharge" it (clean it), usually every 15-25k miles.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:15 PM   #30
Ocikat

Drives: 2012 2LT 45th convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by kostnkost View Post
Rather than start another post, I figured to ask here.

How often do you have to change the filter on this? I drive around 25k/yr and was curious if this has to be changed annually.
The filters on CAI products are a permanent filter and won't need to be replaced, they do however need to be washed and reoiled, instructions for doing this are included in your CAI, cleaning ( recharge ) kits are available thru CAI directly or thru any of their dealers such as APEX.

Perhaps Mr Bill would be so kind as to post the instruction on this thread for you.

Instructions are on the CAI website, here they are;

and here is a link to the recharge kit on their site, http://www.coldairinductions.com/sto...ge-kit#details

How do I clean or recharge my CAI Inc. High Performance Oiled Air Filter?
**Before starting ensure to use the proper safety precautions such as gloves and safety glasses. ONLY A CAI INC. BRAND RECHARGE KIT SHOULD BE USED ON CAI INC. OILED FILTERS**
Step 1. Remove - Remove the filter from your vehicle and ensure that no dirt or other debris enters the intake tube while the filter is off.
Step 2. Pre-Clean - Using your hand and/or compressed air (no more than 100 psi using a standard air nozzle) remove the larger visible debris from the outside of the filter. When using compressed air keep the nozzle at least 6” from the filter media.
Step 3. Clean - Spray the outside of the filter with the supplied CAI Inc. cleaning solution until the entire outer filter media is evenly saturated. Allow the filter to rest so the solution can soak in for 15 minutes.
Step 4. Rinse - Rinse the Filter with warm water by running the water from the clean side of the filter thru to the dirty side of the filter, so that the water can flush the dirt out and off of the filter.
Step 5. Dry - Allow the filter to air dry naturally. (DO NOT use heat sources in attempt to dry the filter faster as this may damage the filter media fibers and/or shrink them.)
Step 6. Oil – Once dry, apply the supplied CAI Inc. oil solution to the outside of the filter media using 1 spray for every 2 square inches of filter media. DO NOT OVER OIL
Step 7. Dry – Allow oiled filter to dry for 30 minutes so that oil can soak into and “recharge” the filter media. You should be able to handle the filter without the oil coming off on your hands, once this is the case your filter is ready to be reinstalled.
Step 8. Reinstall – Properly reinstall your recharged filter and make sure all connections are tight.

Ocikat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 03:59 PM   #31
Sales @ CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocikat View Post
The filters on CAI products are a permanent filter and won't need to be replaced, they do however need to be washed and reoiled, instructions for doing this are included in your CAI, cleaning ( recharge ) kits are available thru CAI directly or thru any of their dealers such as APEX.

Perhaps Mr Bill would be so kind as to post the instruction on this thread for you.

Instructions are on the CAI website, here they are;

and here is a link to the recharge kit on their site, http://www.coldairinductions.com/sto...ge-kit#details

How do I clean or recharge my CAI Inc. High Performance Oiled Air Filter?
**Before starting ensure to use the proper safety precautions such as gloves and safety glasses. ONLY A CAI INC. BRAND RECHARGE KIT SHOULD BE USED ON CAI INC. OILED FILTERS**
Step 1. Remove - Remove the filter from your vehicle and ensure that no dirt or other debris enters the intake tube while the filter is off.
Step 2. Pre-Clean - Using your hand and/or compressed air (no more than 100 psi using a standard air nozzle) remove the larger visible debris from the outside of the filter. When using compressed air keep the nozzle at least 6” from the filter media.
Step 3. Clean - Spray the outside of the filter with the supplied CAI Inc. cleaning solution until the entire outer filter media is evenly saturated. Allow the filter to rest so the solution can soak in for 15 minutes.
Step 4. Rinse - Rinse the Filter with warm water by running the water from the clean side of the filter thru to the dirty side of the filter, so that the water can flush the dirt out and off of the filter.
Step 5. Dry - Allow the filter to air dry naturally. (DO NOT use heat sources in attempt to dry the filter faster as this may damage the filter media fibers and/or shrink them.)
Step 6. Oil – Once dry, apply the supplied CAI Inc. oil solution to the outside of the filter media using 1 spray for every 2 square inches of filter media. DO NOT OVER OIL
Step 7. Dry – Allow oiled filter to dry for 30 minutes so that oil can soak into and “recharge” the filter media. You should be able to handle the filter without the oil coming off on your hands, once this is the case your filter is ready to be reinstalled.
Step 8. Reinstall – Properly reinstall your recharged filter and make sure all connections are tight.
Great response, I couldn't have said it better myself!
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:42 PM   #32
Oby1
The Force

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales @ CAI Inc View Post
We have multiple dealers in Florida, not any specifically in Miami that I can think of. You can find a list of most of our authorized dealers on our website. Also, many of our dealers as well as our company can ship you the order direct. Are you looking for someone to install it or something?
Just thinking that I buy and install at a dealer they would have no option but to cover under warranty. If they try something funny.. But I have been shopping around for the best price.
Oby1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:12 AM   #33
Ocikat

Drives: 2012 2LT 45th convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oby1 View Post
Just thinking that I buy and install at a dealer they would have no option but to cover under warranty. If they try something funny.. But I have been shopping around for the best price.
I don't know for a fact but I don't think you will find these at any chevy dealers. expect to pay a bit less than $400 for your system ( a good value in my opinion, I've purchased 2 ) if you shop around you may find a sale or 2 or free shipping, or if you go to Camaro fest CAI has had a booth there and will install for you for free, really easy to do yourself though, save your stock intake and filter and you can reinstall that if you ever have any warranty issues ( very unlikley ) I've been very pleased with mine

Ocikat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:36 PM   #34
Sales @ CAI Inc

Quote:
I don't know for a fact but I don't think you will find these at any chevy dealers. expect to pay a bit less than $400 for your system ( a good value in my opinion, I've purchased 2 ) if you shop around you may find a sale or 2 or free shipping, or if you go to Camaro fest CAI has had a booth there and will install for you for free, really easy to do yourself though, save your stock intake and filter and you can reinstall that if you ever have any warranty issues ( very unlikley ) I've been very pleased with mine
We actually just had a few orders yesterday from some various chevy dealers across the U.S. and a new one come on board today, they are out there. Regardless though, whether or not they sell our product does not effect the manner in which they must legally service their vehicles with aftermaket parts. That being said, your suggestion for keeping the OEM airbox to avoid hassle if the dealer is difficult to work with is still a good idea, or find a better dealer, but depending on location some are kind of stuck with who they have close to them. Glad to hear that you are happy with your CAI from us, thanks!
Old 12-08-2012, 12:29 AM   #35
Oby1
The Force

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LT RS
Quote:
Thanks
Oby1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 08:48 AM   #36
Sales @ CAI Inc

We have been getting a lot of interest and orders in our V6 CAI's over the past few weeks, so I thought it may be helpful to some of you if I bumped this thread.

Just an FYI, we are currently sold out of the V6 CAI in the black powder coat option (however we should have more in the next 2-3 days!!) We have the "Near Chrome" powder coat option on the shelf and ready to ship for those of you inquiring!

Let me know if you have any questions, thanks!!

Last edited by Sales @ CAI Inc; 02-13-2013 at 09:02 AM.
Old 02-13-2013, 09:53 AM   #37
KalCorp
Space Coast Camaros

Drives: 2012 Camaro Vert
I got a extra filter so when I need to clean it i just switch them out!

When Cleaning, I can do it any time and take my time.

oh and Apex Amanda! OMG
KalCorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:12 AM   #38
Sales @ CAI Inc

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalCorp View Post
I got a extra filter so when I need to clean it i just switch them out!

When Cleaning, I can do it any time and take my time.

oh and Apex Amanda! OMG
Good thinking, that is what many people do and its a great idea!
Old 03-19-2013, 10:40 AM   #39
Sales @ CAI Inc

Bump, lots of questions being sent and posted so here is everything you need to know!
Old 05-01-2013, 02:00 PM   #40
Sales @ CAI Inc

Holy cow you guys have been buying these things like crazy lately! We have seen more V6 CAI's sold last month than we usually do all spring, trust me we are not complaining! Just wanted to thank you all so much and let you know we are working very hard to get your CAI's shipped as promptly as possible!
Old 05-04-2013, 03:24 AM   #41
Mvp_Me
I Use Three Pedals

Drives: 2011 VR M6
I was debating between AirAid and CAI Inc and i am proud to say that because of your informative reviews on your product i will be getting one in the next two weeks with the most extreme confidence.
im three weeks old in the camaro scene and the way CAI Inc talks about their product and helps the camaro community with any questions about the intake how could one not buy from them.
CAI Inc!
Old 05-06-2013, 03:19 PM   #42
Sales @ CAI Inc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mvp_Me View Post
I was debating between AirAid and CAI Inc and i am proud to say that because of your informative reviews on your product i will be getting one in the next two weeks with the most extreme confidence.
im three weeks old in the camaro scene and the way CAI Inc talks about their product and helps the camaro community with any questions about the intake how could one not buy from them.
CAI Inc!
That's awesome man, we really appreciate that!! Be sure to "Like" us on Facebook since you are joining our regime!

Tags
cai, cold air indu