Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

View Poll Results: Are you happy witht he design of the temp/audio controls
Yes I love them, wouldnt change a thing 44 25.58%
They are a bit wierd, but I can live with it 64 37.21%
No, I hope that they are changed before the car is released 49 28.49%
A real man dosent need a radio, all we need is a gas petal, and a steering wheel 15 8.72%
Voters: 172. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-27-2007, 11:00 PM   #15
headpunter
Not That sad..considering

Drives: Man
Send a message via AIM to headpunter
audi's arent that nice my cousin had one and he decided an f150 was nicer to drive around then his a4
headpunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 02:49 AM   #16
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by headpunter View Post
audi's arent that nice my cousin had one and he decided an f150 was nicer to drive around then his a4
I agree. They look nice on the outside, but I wasn't overly impressed on the inside or with the power. Back when I had my Cobalt, I waxed my buddy's A4 in a street race.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 07:00 AM   #17
CamaroFever

Drives: Its in my sig "2002 Galant V6"
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroFever
Yea, but I would buy an AUdi for style, not speed. I learned, racing your car is pointless, unless you are getting paid by Nascar to do it. I did that all the time with my current car and now, a few yrs down the line I have a bad transmission etc. I do not plan on racing at all in the next car that I buy (which will be the new vert Camaro), eventhough I love to do so. My girlfriend better get ready to be put on the backburner b/c im going to show this car so much love that everyone is going to think that I have a few screws loose

Last edited by CamaroFever; 12-28-2007 at 12:25 PM.
CamaroFever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 11:54 AM   #18
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
You can still race, just don't slam the gearbox. Keep the nice easy shifts and rev match. Won't destroy your transmission that way. Plus, racing in a Gallant that isn't built for power/racing is part of your problem. Go grab a 240sx and autocross it. =P
Old 12-28-2007, 12:23 PM   #19
Justin
Camaro5's Cell Phone Geek

Drives: '02 V6 Camaro. 5 speed manual.
Honestly I'd like to see something similar to the CTS's interior. I'm all for the retro look, but I agree that there also needs to be a modern interior, because that's what today's consumers want. I'd like to be able to set a temperature and have the car switch heat/air conditioning on only when needed, or turn it off altogether. I love the idea of the slide-up screen in the CTS, because I think that could keep the whole retro look intact, while the screen is down, but when you want to adjust the temperature, change the disc that's playing (if there's a changer), XM radio controls, navigation, or any of those features that may or may not be there, you can use the screen, and you can put it right back down when you want optimal viewing of the 'stang in your rear-view mirror.
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 01:09 PM   #20
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
^Now, I can live with an idea like that!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 02:23 PM   #21
Jak

Drives: 03 Dodge Dakota
Hmmm, yes, I do like that idea, it'd be the best of both worlds.
Jak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 02:37 PM   #22
CamaroFever

I just looked atthe interior of the CTS,and I love that screen, if they made it so that it looked retro but you could push a button and the creen came up and it looked more modern would be great. Lol you haave my hopes up now, lets cross our fingers
Old 12-28-2007, 03:10 PM   #23
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
probably be an option if it's implemented. I know a few people on these boards that want as little weight as possible. They want a CSL version of the camaro (see Bavarian Money Wagon M3 CSL).
Old 12-28-2007, 06:54 PM   #24
Jay

Drives: Audi A4
Quote:
Originally Posted by headpunter View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroFever View Post
Yea, but I would buy an AUdi for style, not speed. I learned, racing your car is pointless, unless you are getting paid by Nascar to do it. I did that all the time with my current car and now, a few yrs down the line I have a bad transmission etc. I do not plan on racing at all in the next car that I buy (which will be the new vert Camaro), eventhough I love to do so. My girlfriend better get ready to be put on the backburner b/c im going to show this car so much love that everyone is going to think that I have a few screws loose
Exactly what he said^^^ Although the F150 has a nice interior and all... how could you possibly compare an A4 to an F150.....There is no way I would ever take a ford over an Audi (except the A3), period. Audi's have beautiful high quality interior's... but, yes I agree with lack of power on the A4..... its a slow car... but its not built for race.... its more a sports/luxury sedan with 4 wheel drive, lol. But then again I might be slightly biased

My favorite two cars right now are probably the new Audi A5/S5 and obviously the Camaro5.

"HEAVEN JUST COULDN'T HANDLE ALL THE NOISE"
JAY
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 07:03 PM   #25
Emher
Pillaging Viking

Drives: Saab 9-5 '99 (Hey it's a GM!)
Send a message via MSN to Emher Send a message via Yahoo to Emher Send a message via Skype™ to Emher
Well supposedly the Audi RS4 is a dream on wheels.... >.>
Old 12-28-2007, 07:11 PM   #26
CamaroFever

I would prefer the A8
Old 12-28-2007, 07:15 PM   #27
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
Audis are considered the benchmark on interiors, just so you know. I don't see how anyone in their right mind could compare an F-150 to an Audi. If all he needed was a sedan, why buy a truck? Just a waste of room and gas. If he needed a truck, why consider a sedan? It won't work for you. I really don't get how he went from one to the other. Crazy.

As far as performance, it depends on the model. Yeah, the supercharged Cobalt SS could beat a 2.0T Audi because they make roughly the same power, but the A4 weighs more. But then you're comparing the top Cobalt built for speed to the base Audi built for a combination of performance and comfort. The 3.2 would be a bigger challenge, and the Audi would likely win, especially if it is from a stop (oh the wonders of AWD do for a launch). Once you get to the S4 and RS4, those are some pretty quick cars, no doubt about it.
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 07:37 PM   #28
Jay

Drives: Audi A4
Quote:
Originally Posted by stovt001 View Post
Audis are considered the benchmark on interiors, just so you know. I don't see how anyone in their right mind could compare an F-150 to an Audi. If all he needed was a sedan, why buy a truck? Just a waste of room and gas. If he needed a truck, why consider a sedan? It won't work for you. I really don't get how he went from one to the other. Crazy.

As far as performance, it depends on the model. Yeah, the supercharged Cobalt SS could beat a 2.0T Audi because they make roughly the same power, but the A4 weighs more. But then you're comparing the top Cobalt built for speed to the base Audi built for a combination of performance and comfort. The 3.2 would be a bigger challenge, and the Audi would likely win, especially if it is from a stop (oh the wonders of AWD do for a launch). Once you get to the S4 and RS4, those are some pretty quick cars, no doubt about it.
Couldn't have said it better myself stovt.... I love my Audi and the only other car that has made me look otherwise is the new Camaro, so much so I want the new Camaro over the Audi now! (finances may have something to do with that too, lol).

Take a look at these interiors on just a few Audi's (I'm not even putting the high end A6, A8 in here), how anyone can say these aren't impressive interior's is beyond me or compare them to a damn Ford:
RS4

S4

A5

Another S5

Sorry for the thread derailment btw....just had to put this out there.... so back on topic.

"HEAVEN JUST COULDN'T HANDLE ALL THE NOISE"
JAY

Last edited by Jay; 12-28-2007 at 07:50 PM.
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote