Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 02-13-2013, 07:22 PM   #85
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
Seems to be the base file that IPF uses, I believe it is a Bosch file. Don't believe the other use the original files.
Old 02-13-2013, 07:22 PM   #86
Matt @ FSP

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBfromPeoria View Post
They "may" have desensitized the knock sensors as well. Just a thought.

John B.

They should have de-sensitized them a bit because of the S/C mounted to motor you will always have to remove a bit of the threshold values.. However, I have been informed that all the functionality of the knock senors are installed.

False knock.. Ya, OK
Matt @ FSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:23 PM   #87
Matt @ FSP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalCorp View Post
Some nice numbers. Man I want that :-)

Matt said no knock. you are motoring knock or data logging at same time when on dyno?

I had to data log at same time and review to see the knock happening.
I am not logging cannot log KR with my software I could only log commanded timing which is all but useless...

However, as I listen to every motor on the dyno I do not hear anything audible nor see anything in the graph to indicate knock. You get an ear for this stuff after 14 years :P
Old 02-13-2013, 07:32 PM   #88
JohnnyBfromPeoria

Drives: 2012 LS M6, Black
All I can tell you is that mine is a friggin' beast and everyone driving an LLT/LFX ought to get this done.

And no one can even tell. Except for that whine/whistle/jet engine sound, that is.

John B.
JohnnyBfromPeoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:37 PM   #89
KalCorp
Space Coast Camaros

Drives: 2012 Camaro Vert
FSP - IPF Supercharger Installation Thread..

The graft on the other post had a run from stock and both tunes. And none had the crazy waves or false knock.

I know on my n/a always get the waves even on different dynos. And the waves don't match with the knock the eng is detecting when I review the logs.

Maybe you just know how to do the dyno better? Lol

Just trying to understand that wavy graph some of us get and others don't. And your dynos don't have it.

Ok this kit is the one at top of my to get list. Just so many things good about it. I just want to see my number 2 option once :-(

Last edited by KalCorp; 02-13-2013 at 07:47 PM.
KalCorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:50 PM   #90
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Drives: 2016 C7 1LT
Nice numbers Matt, I see mid 400's on a dynojet with this set up.
Old 02-13-2013, 07:51 PM   #91
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Loveing this thread.

I can't wait to see more dyno information, videos, and pictures of the car.

I'm betting this car sounds BOSS with those headers...which by the way I'm sure is adding a nice bonus power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBfromPeoria View Post
The tuner is really easy to use, too. First you download their program that enables you to use their system. Plug the tuner module into your computer and run their program. The program will ask you to get your car's ICU info, so you then unplug it and go to your car and plug it in to the OBDII port (always plug in/unplug the device when the ignition is off) until the light on the tuner goes solid green, then take it back to your computer. The list of available tunes comes up, and following IPF's suggestion, select the appropriate tune and allow it to load into the tuning device. Again, take the unit to the car and plug in and wait until it loads the tune into the car's computer. Done.

Make sure all accessories, including automatic headlights are turned off when using the tuning device. You want full voltage from the battery available while using the unit. The ignition is switched to "on" when gathering info or loading tunes, but always switched off when plugging in or unplugging to/from the OBDII port.

Send the darn thing back and get your deposit back. Enjoy marked increase in acceleration and increased rear tire wear.

John B.
Excellent info. Your posts gets the KMPrenger approval! lol
Old 02-13-2013, 08:13 PM   #92
Yellow_Glide

Drives: 2011 1LT "Chakita". 04 Yota
Nice job Matt!!

Build thread: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3847083

Yellow_Glide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 08:24 PM   #93
Matt @ FSP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalCorp View Post
The graft on the other post had a run from stock and both tunes. And none had the crazy waves or false knock.

I know on my n/a always get the waves even on different dynos. And the waves don't match with the knock the eng is detecting when I review the logs.

Maybe you just know how to do the dyno better? Lol

Just trying to understand that wavy graph some of us get and others don't. And your dynos don't have it.

Ok this kit is the one at top of my to get list. Just so many things good about it. I just want to see my number 2 option once :-(
The wavy lines are probably from either knock being pulled, fueling off (AFR sweeping back and forth), or not enough spark (Whether or not commanded advance high enough, OR spark blowout)... This is general.
Old 02-13-2013, 08:25 PM   #94
ASH@IPF-TUNING

Drives: 4x4 Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorCamaro View Post
We're talking "false knock" what appears to be present in other systems tuning or the system itself. Where it doesn't make any power on the dyno and the graph looks all weird. I don't recall seeing an IPF tuned system have this issue (correct me if I'm wrong), so obviously they have a different tuning approach than the other systems out there. Some say it's because IPF is based out of Europe and so is the Bosch ECU.
Hi !

All modern Bosch ECUs are controlling and limiting the max allowed combustion noise ... that has primery nothing to do with the knock control .. but both control systems were using the knock sensor input !

as the knock sensor is a piezoelectric contact microphone system ... it detects not only the combustion knocking .. it is also measuring the combustion noise ( level ) ... and that level is at 300PS lower then with 4xxPS SC Kit !

And that mapping is ALL done in the software of the ecu !!

also it makes NO sence to switch off the knock control ... because thats an engine safety feature that we dont want to miss !

regards and good night at 03:24

ASH@IPF -TUNING
ASH@IPF-TUNING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 08:25 PM   #95
Matt @ FSP

Old 02-13-2013, 09:13 PM   #96
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt @ FSP View Post
Awesome
Old 02-13-2013, 10:02 PM   #97
Matt @ FSP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Awesome
Ick the shop is a mess.. We've been thrashing on this one and a few others before we leave for Panama City tomorrow..
Old 02-13-2013, 10:03 PM   #98
Matt @ FSP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASH@EDS View Post
Hi !

All modern Bosch ECUs are controlling and limiting the max allowed combustion noise ... that has primery nothing to do with the knock control .. but both control systems were using the knock sensor input !

as the knock sensor is a piezoelectric contact microphone system ... it detects not only the combustion knocking .. it is also measuring the combustion noise ( level ) ... and that level is at 300PS lower then with 4xxPS SC Kit !

And that mapping is ALL done in the software of the ecu !!

also it makes NO sence to switch off the knock control ... because thats an engine safety feature that we dont want to miss !

regards and good night at 03:24

ASH@IPF -TUNING
Correction; 3:25 your time... Ash you are a trooper, it's been a pleasure working with you so far and we look forward to working with you a lot more!