Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 01-07-2013, 08:38 PM   #1
lancer

Drives: 2013 2SS RS
lancer's 2013 IOM 2SS/RS Build Thread

Let me warn you that this will be a slow thread.

I ordered my 2013 2SS/RS on 10/16/2012.

I got the IOM interior, navigation, Hurst STS and NPP exhaust.

Tried to cancel my order the next day (to get a 1LE) but had to wait till the following Monday and by then decided to keep what I had order

TPW was 11/5/2012 and car was built 11/9/2012.

Finally took delivery on 12/13/2012. Dealer called and told me that they had installed the front license plate bracket due to a failure to communicate my desire to leave it off. The miscommunication was between the shop foreman and tech that did the work. After speaking with the salesman, shop foreman, and owner of the dealership we determined I would accept the car provided that they obtain / install some parts on the car. The next week we decided on a 1LE splitter and strut tower brace. Overall, it is my opinion that while the purchase experience was pretty horrible, the dealership did their best to make me happy after delivery.

At work

Dealership installed the splitter and brace today.

Upcoming Mods:
RX catch can (on the way)
Paint engine cover IOM
Blackout several areas on front and rear bumpers, taillight bezels, and IOM / black on the bow ties
Black on hood (except for the cowl) with hash marks, all painted

Goals:
Supercharger, long tubes, cam, 500+ hp
Better suspension

This is my first brand new car, so I have to come to terms with losing the warranty (plus i bought the extended warranty for some reason) before I do the motor stuff. I'm sure it won't be very long
lancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:46 PM   #2
JDP Motorsports

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/ 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer View Post
Let me warn you that this will be a slow thread.

I ordered my 2013 2SS/RS on 10/16/2012.

I got the IOM interior, navigation, Hurst STS and NPP exhaust.

Tried to cancel my order the next day (to get a 1LE) but had to wait till the following Monday and by then decided to keep what I had order

TPW was 11/5/2012 and car was built 11/9/2012.

Finally took delivery on 12/13/2012. Dealer called and told me that they had installed the front license plate bracket due to a failure to communicate my desire to leave it off. The miscommunication was between the shop foreman and tech that did the work. After speaking with the salesman, shop foreman, and owner of the dealership we determined I would accept the car provided that they obtain / install some parts on the car. The next week we decided on a 1LE splitter and strut tower brace. Overall, it is my opinion that while the purchase experience was pretty horrible, the dealership did their best to make me happy after delivery.

At work

Dealership installed the splitter and brace today.

Upcoming Mods:
RX catch can (on the way)
Paint engine cover IOM
Blackout several areas on front and rear bumpers, taillight bezels, and IOM / black on the bow ties
Black on hood (except for the cowl) with hash marks, all painted

Goals:
Supercharger, long tubes, cam, 500+ hp
Better suspension

This is my first brand new car, so I have to come to terms with losing the warranty (plus i bought the extended warranty for some reason) before I do the motor stuff. I'm sure it won't be very long
First, congrats on the 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS!!!

This should be a very fun and exciting build! I look forward to meeting you and checking your Camaro out! Please feel free to call, email or PM me anytime with questions.

Kind regards,

Jordan Priestley
JDP Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:14 AM   #3
IOM Black Diamond
HT5 COTW 1/21/13

Drives: 2010 Camaro Inferno 2SS RS 6M
Nice looking car, I look forward to seeing some mods.