Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2013 Camaro5 Fest (IV)

Old 11-28-2012, 10:29 AM   #281
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssump29 View Post
The point wasn't about the money it was about spending time in the thing so many of us are passionate about. If one can't save up enough from damn near a year away and have the time mapped out, then there will always be a reason to make and excuse of why you can't do something. If you really want to go or do it you would find a way.

I mean it's not like they are announcing it two weeks or two months out. But then again people just like to complain just to complain. They should be happy that this event has people that care enough to put it on. CEO's are always hated and that's what's happening to the mods and people that made this big decision.
Easy for you to say. You're what, 5 hour s from Indy?

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:31 AM   #282
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revo1 View Post
My point exactly.
Old 11-28-2012, 10:34 AM   #283
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
I still vote for coming to New Orleans..."soon." Who could complain about that?
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:37 AM   #284
Ronin_2SS
Loving My LS3

Drives: 2010 Summit white 2SS
Send a message via Yahoo to Ronin_2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssump29 View Post
The point wasn't about the money it was about spending time in the thing so many of us are passionate about. If one can't save up enough from damn near a year away and have the time mapped out, then there will always be a reason to make and excuse of why you can't do something. If you really want to go or do it you would find a way.

I mean it's not like they are announcing it two weeks or two months out. But then again people just like to complain just to complain. They should be happy that this event has people that care enough to put it on. CEO's are always hated and that's what's happening to the mods and people that made this big decision.
Blah blah easy for you to say. Either way it's in the SAME place as last year. I'm sure if they had it in Texas or Vegas two years in row the tables would be turned and all you " it's no big deal" folks would be ranting as much us excluded people.
Old 11-28-2012, 10:37 AM   #285
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SM0KE View Post
I see what you did there...
Old 11-28-2012, 10:40 AM   #286
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin_2SS View Post
Blah blah easy for you to say. Either way it's in the SAME place last year. I'm sure if they had it in Texas or Vegas two years in row the tables would be turned and all you " it's no big deal" folks would be ranting as much us excluded people.
Old 11-28-2012, 10:40 AM   #287
daveagogo1
TRI COUNTY TAMPA

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS VR/BLK A6
I'm sure many people are bummed. Many people are not. While i have never been to a Fest and won't be at this one either i can say this. Any event like this take a huge amount of time, resources and effort. Mostly by people who simply do it just to do it with no financial benefit to themselves.

You cannot please everyone and while it sucks for some. Such is life.

That being said. There are plenty of other events around the country throughout the year. If there isn't one close to you. Then simply round up a few people and have a big meet up and party of your own. All it really takes is a few people willing to put in the work to make it happen.

I'm sure nobody set out to anger half the country here. Clearly they thought it was the best decision to make based on plenty of information most people know nothing about.

Again, i was pulling for the TX crowd to get it but, it didn't happen.

Hopefully everyone will relax and realize it surely isn't the end of the world here. This event didn't even exist several years ago and everyone did just fine. If you can't go just set up your own more local gig this time around. And hope it comes near you next time.

daveagogo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:47 AM   #288
Hagar

Drives: 2013 Blue on Black 2LT/RS Convertib
Cool

Naturally they don't have any issues with Sturgis....it's called the Sturgis Rally...so that is what's expected and accepted. But, I thought the C5Fest was designed to rotate around the country. So naturally the midwesterners are going to be excited for it to come back to Indy. But for folks out West and Southwest, quite a distance to drive for a 2 day event. jmo
Hagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:47 AM   #289
Dacannon

Drives: 2010 ABM 2LTRS, E46 330XI
I don't get it with some of these people. Majority of the post are complaints think about the time and effort these mods have spent organizing this every year more and more enthusiast are gained from all ages and genders read earlier about them tailoring more to high schoolers or the cool kids. Ever thought about not having a Fest at all be happy regardless if you attend or not at least we have an event somewhere regardless of where it moves. I was hoping for a West Coast this year was looking forward to the long drive and although its in the same place and I attended CF3 I plan to do the same this year. Stationed overseas 4 years and missing out on a lot of things makes you appreciate events like these where you get to meet different individuals.
Dacannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:48 AM   #290
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]

Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS For Sale
Is a bummer that they did same place 2 years in a row. Alot of people couldnt come because of the location. I for one will suck it up and drive from freaking New Orleans in 2013 to come, but I wish it could have been closer.
Old 11-28-2012, 10:49 AM   #291
ssump29
LOL at most people here.

Drives: 2005 GTO,2006 M6, 2007 300 Touring
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revo1 View Post
Actually like 10 hours from where I'm at in Michigan and I'm not going. Truthfully I wish it was West Coast simply because I like the drive there and its better visuals the way there and much more to do while there. I would use the event as a reason for a week long vacation, same with TEXAS so yeah it's not about it being close or far because if I want to go I'm going to go and not complain about where it's at, simply because everything can't always be the perfect storm for you or I.

Like I said I just appreciate the people that take time out to put on a gathering like this, if you feel it's so easy and you aren't getting your fair shake then put something on your way on the same level. Otherwise stop complaining, no one is stopping you from going and in due time the event will come to you or be closer. That's it, now attack away.
Old 11-28-2012, 10:49 AM   #292
tramtwo

Quote:
Originally Posted by vroomapunk View Post
Is a bummer that they did same place 2 years in a row. Alot of people couldnt come because of the location. I for one will suck it up and drive from freaking New Orleans in 2013 to come, but I wish it could have been closer.
ROAD TRIP!!

2 do I hear 3?
Old 11-28-2012, 10:51 AM   #293
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]

Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS For Sale
Quote:
Originally Posted by tramtwo View Post
I still vote for coming to New Orleans..."soon." Who could complain about that?
I messaged the mods about NOLA motorsports park, its a great track, and an amazing city.

We will see about 2014 i guess.
Old 11-28-2012, 10:54 AM   #294
tramtwo

Quote:
Originally Posted by vroomapunk View Post
I messaged the mods about NOLA motorsports park, its a great track, and an amazing city.

We will see about 2014 I guess.
They balk at no official drag strip... I am sure that could be accommodated easily. And lets face it, no better party city, period.