Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Rockies / Midwest

Old 05-11-2013, 04:02 AM   #15
nebchevy

Drives: 2011 2SS SGM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forcer View Post
Well lets see, this i suposed to be a beautiful weekend, and i dont have much planned, just rewiring my afterburner lights and side markers, other then that not squat... whats everyone got going on tomorrow around 3ish?

Well what sucks is I work a crappy shift... overnights. I have tues and weds nights off so I do most of my stuff on those nights. Prob a reason why i dont know many camaro guys since i cant ever meet up...
nebchevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 02:27 PM   #16
Hagar

Drives: 2013 Blue on Black 2LT/RS Convertib
I will be in Omaha from 24 to 29th of July. Would like to link up with some of you if possible. We have quite a few Camaro Clubs down here. The one I belong to Central Texas Camaro Coalition accepts all Generations. We even have a few Trans Ams.
Hagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 04:02 AM   #17
nebchevy

Drives: 2011 2SS SGM Camaro
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagar View Post
I will be in Omaha from 24 to 29th of July. Would like to link up with some of you if possible. We have quite a few Camaro Clubs down here. The one I belong to Central Texas Camaro Coalition accepts all Generations. We even have a few Trans Ams.

I wish we had a nice big camaro club up here!! Or hell even a car club.... Maybe I will just have to start a REAL car club here in NE....

Anyone interested in starting a REAL car club and getting things up and going and putting real time and effort into something fun??

Kinda wanna see if I were to start one is there any interest in a all camaro or car club??

What would be your choice? All camaro or All Cars?
nebchevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 06:18 AM   #18
Hagar

We have about 160 Camaros in our Club. Originally started out as the Central Texas Camaro 5 Coalition, but since has dropped the 5 and allow all generations of Camaros. We hold a Meet-n-Greet every Friday night in which all cars and car clubs are invited and encouraged to attend, as long as they play by the rules, i.e., no loud music, no burn-outs or drifting, etc. etc. We do Car Shows, have a monthly dinner at alternating locations, take Sunday cruises to various locations. We keep it Family oriented, a little bit of something for everyone. Like I said we have 160 members, but will only see 20+ at any one given time or event.
Old 05-14-2013, 11:07 AM   #19
Forcer

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
id be up for meets and get together, and random cruises and car show pics, but its actually alot of work involved haha, there are a few out there, but none that are really Younger crowd with actually "nice cars" alot of the other clubs have alot of ricers and 4 doors that dont belong there

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebchevy View Post
I wish we had a nice big camaro club up here!! Or hell even a car club.... Maybe I will just have to start a REAL car club here in NE....

Anyone interested in starting a REAL car club and getting things up and going and putting real time and effort into something fun??

Kinda wanna see if I were to start one is there any interest in a all camaro or car club??

What would be your choice? All camaro or All Cars?
Forcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 11:16 AM   #20
Hagar

I know what you mean. We try to stay away from the ricers/tuners/imports, etc...they are the one's that cause most of the problems, and eventually get us kicked out of our meet up places. Then it only takes them a couple of weeks and they find us again....no matter how many times we relocate, they manage to find out where the Camaro Club is hanging out. So, to eliminate that we control the access point with cones, and they get a written set of rules when they want to enter. As far as age groups go, we range from 18/19 yr olds to 65+ yr olds....and I'm 62...it's all about the cars and having a good time.
Old 05-14-2013, 11:23 AM   #21
Hagar

Once you can get a group of car enthusiasts together that are interested in starting a club (sanctioned or not sanctioned) select a location to meet up for a first meeting, then select a President, Vice President, and an event coordinator. That's all we have. Our club is not sanctioned and we do not charge any membership fees.
Then create a Facebook Page for your club for communications and planning events.
We also vote on a Member of the Month each month at our monthly dinners. Find a local Car Dealership that is willing to sponsor a Camaro Club and is willing to let you use their location to hold monthly general membership meetings to discuss business/ebents, etc...I know it sounds like a lot, but once it's off the ground, pretty simple.
Old 05-15-2013, 11:19 AM   #22
Forcer

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
Flashbacks weekly car show tonight, we are meeting behind Icehouse off 108th and maple at 5:30-5:45ish, then crusing down to Flashbacks off 85th and center, if your interested in meeting us, post or text 402-981-5242
Forcer is offline   Reply With Quote