Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 03-11-2012, 08:29 PM   #1
Caddyroger

Drives: 2011 RJT Camaro LT2 RS auto shift
Scoshe dash kit controlling the speakers

Does the Scoshe dash kit control the front and rear speakers?
Old 03-11-2012, 09:30 PM   #2
insomniac2k2

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS IOM
It has steering wheel controls, yes. If you run the latest kenwood (I can confirm this for sure) and apparently alpine (from some thread that I saw on c5) stereos, you will need to wait for a firmware update to make them compatible.

Your aftermarket head unit will "control" your speakers (fade,balance, etc). The Scosche kit will control volume, source, etc.

Same as your stock stereo.
insomniac2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 09:53 PM   #3
Caddyroger

Ok thanks. Why I am asking Friday I installed the Scoshe (one of the first one made) kit and radio. The fade for the front and rears speaker worked ok. Saturday I did the firmware update for the Scoshe kit and radio. Now the front speakers work but can not get them to the rear speakers. Tonight I disconnected the 24 pin connector from the Scoshe kit and the speakers turned off. That why I was aking about the controlling of the speakers
Old 03-11-2012, 10:38 PM   #4
insomniac2k2

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS IOM
Odd. Sounds to me like some wires came loose, or your fade is set incorrectly on your deck.

The wiring harness that comes with the scosche routes the wires in a nice pretty bundle for you to hook your deck up to, but that's all that that I believe it does (although if your running the onstar module, it controls the volume + and - when you are using onstar).

If you end up popping your stereo and inspecting your wiring, double check the onstar module or the bypass module (if you dont have the onstar module), and make sure that its seated correctly.
insomniac2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 01:25 AM   #5
Caddyroger

Quote:
Originally Posted by insomniac2k2 View Post
Odd. Sounds to me like some wires came loose, or your fade is set incorrectly on your deck.

The wiring harness that comes with the scosche routes the wires in a nice pretty bundle for you to hook your deck up to, but that's all that that I believe it does (although if your running the onstar module, it controls the volume + and - when you are using onstar).

If you end up popping your stereo and inspecting your wiring, double check the onstar module or the bypass module (if you dont have the onstar module), and make sure that its seated correctly.
I took out the radio and the wiring looks ok I thought that the Scoshe kit did not have any thing to do with the radio speakers. When I looked over the Scoshe wiring harness it looked like the speakers wires went to the 44 pin plug that went to the amp. When I took out the 24 pin scoshe connector the radio stayed on but the speakers turned off. When the connector was connected again the speakers came back on.