Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 09-09-2013, 10:23 PM   #1
itsjustdave
David A.

Drives: 2012 LS AGM/ '13 2SS/RS Vert SW
GM ground fx

Has anyone had any issues with their GM ground fx staying attached to their car? More so @ the nose of the car and just at the wheel well.
Attached Images

Old 09-10-2013, 07:21 PM   #2
pears2

Drives: 2011 Black/Silver Synergy Series
I have a 2011 black synergy series and it's doing the same thing. I took it back to the dealership and the bodyshop took a look at it. I was told this is normal and usually happens. Was told to keep an eye on it to ensure it didn't get worst.
pears2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 12:00 AM   #3
The Sandman
Flying Low & Raining 3's

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS 45th Ann. Edition
My GM ground fx looks similar. They were installed by the dealer and when I picked it up I mentioned there was a small gap front center and on the sides like your photo. We looked at 3 other Camaros on the lot that had the ground fx installed from the factory and they all looked similar or even worse! Unfortunately, it's not the perfect fit I was hoping for.

Last edited by The Sandman; 09-11-2013 at 10:28 PM.
The Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 06:35 AM   #4
Maxspeed
~COTW 6/30/14~

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS
Mine looks the same.
Mods: Heritage Grill, Blade Spoiler, Corrado Hoodliner Mural, Premium Engine Boxes, Radiator Shroud, Custom Painted Bowties, Dipstick & Engine Caps, RX Catch Can, Corsa cat back exhaust, CAI black powder coat cold air, Apex cold air intake scoop and Apex washer tank relocate kit, Dynatech SuperMAXX Ceramic Coated LT Headers, High Flow Cats, JRE470 Rough Idle Cam Package, DSS 1,000 RWHP Axels, Slowhawk Mustang Dyno Tune, QTP QTEC 66 Low Profile Cutouts and iTSX. 453 RWHP 427 RWTQ

WEB LINKS
BUILD
TIMING CHAIN FAILURE
TRANSITION FROM STOCK TO CAM VID
Maxspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 08:30 AM   #5
itsjustdave
David A.

Drives: 2012 LS AGM/ '13 2SS/RS Vert SW
Well I guess I'm glad in a round about way that its just not ours. The other pic of the front angle didn't load, But my reappearing gap there, I can fit probably 2 stacked quarters through. I can't fathom the adhesion giving up that quick though. Something just doesn't seem right. At the same time, I'm pretty sure y'all had a more competent dealer do yours,my dealers body shop is more or less one of those who "can't get right".
Old 09-17-2013, 08:04 PM   #6
crit719

Drives: 2013 2ss
just installed mine and looks the same, no way around it
crit719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 08:25 PM   #7
spyderbuddy

Drives: 2010 RS Inferno Orange Metallic
Had mine three years, have to by emblem tape constantly
Attached Images

PCP Hideaway Headlight Covers, BBK Headers & High Flow Cats, ZL1 Add-ons Wicker Bill, TL1/ZL1 Hood Insert, Gen5 DIY Frameless Mirror, ABL Dash Lighting an My link Navigation, Blacked out Rear Bowtie, all Sylvania led Turn Signals, Ceramic Window Tint By Nicks, MBRP Exhaust tips, GEN5 DIY Virginia Legal DRL Harness, Painted Brake Calipers, Vittesse Throttle Controller, Heritage Grill, Diode Dynamics Led Lighting, Manual Shifter Boot, Paddle Shifters, CNC Throttle Body, Trifecta Tune, RX Catch Can & Breather, Trunk Black out and Side Grills, Chevorlet door Sills.
spyderbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 11:09 PM   #8
Aubrey64

Drives: 2010 Camaro LLT/RS
Yeah, on my drivers side, it looks as if it is about to pop off. I need to go buy some more tape for it. My dealership told me that it is normal, but that you can use some sort of automotive glue to help hold it all together. I wasn't interested though because I am getting a new fascia on soon
Old 09-17-2013, 11:38 PM   #9
Badman24

Drives: 2SS Black W/GFX
Snyderbuddy looks like your re missing the side brackets. The 3m tape is pressure sensitive. I used clamps on mine for about 30 minutes.
Old 09-18-2013, 11:32 PM   #10
rydahog

Drives: camaro ss
do any of you know where i can get the splitter TEMPLATE for this installation.i have the plastic brackets that splitter mounts to, i only need template..i can get rivets at store. thanks.i went to dealer,,he tells me i cant get any parts for the gfx for my ss unless i buy the whole kit..:( i still dont want to believe that. asking here first before i go to a different dealer.
rydahog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 11:35 PM   #11
Sapper12b
HTCC Member

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
When i bought my SS, the aftermarket parts salesman told me not to buy the GM ground FX for exactly this reason. Might want to take it back the dealership and have them fix the problem .