Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 02-11-2010, 01:07 AM   #29
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by solo40oz View Post
doubt that it will be the same as the zl575
that would be a well founded doubt
Quote:
Originally Posted by solo40oz View Post
....probably more likely to be a turbo V6
no

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopss View Post
Boxmonkeyracing, i suggested the zl575 cause you can order it from chevy and get a legit warranty. and from the looks of pictures the hood that SLP 575 is very close looking to the z28 pictured on motor trend which said it was a go but from then on no other updates.

do you have a crystal ball on when the Z28 is coming out what specs do you think it will have and price. I really honestly donno much about this Z28 but just a hunch i think it would be around the same price of a Zl575.

also if the Camaro goes to the alpha chassis, im sure they will make a z28 but would it be the same as the ss. Prob more like a cts.v.
this is all guessing
joey
Motor trend could have just seen a car with that hood and assumed it was the Z28. Or SLP decided to go and make their cars look like the TF2 Bumble Bee. Lots of other possible explanations.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 01:46 AM   #30
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing View Post
thanks for the history lesson. lol. but enough people in GM wanted it back to make the concept happen. once that happened and the reaction it got. It was going to be a no brainer.

but all I have to say is what scott said and kept saying "keep the faith."

The Z is coming guys, just wait and see. Hopefully by then ill have enough to upgrade
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 05:40 AM   #31
IOM-SS

Drives: 2010 SS RS 2G1FT1EWXA9163596
Smile Z28

I will keep my 2010 2SS RS IOM IO 6M Camaro waited since 67-69 keeping my daily driver
i am planning on building another garage though, if the Z28 comes out then both Camaros will have a nice quite dust free room of there own. in the mean time i will enjoy my 2010 Camaro until i hear what Chevrolet is going to do. if the Z28 is not built will buy another one leave the 2010 stock put supercharger suspension etc. on the new one take it to the track and "drive it like i stole it" i am having so much fun now i am afraid of being arrested!

IOM-SS formely Inferno-Orange-Metallic
IOM-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 05:47 AM   #32
IOM-SS

Drives: 2010 SS RS 2G1FT1EWXA9163596
Smile Z28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waco View Post
OMG, it's true...even Surefire is making parts already!!!

http://www.opticsplanet.net/surefire...neous-z28.html
very funny, making a lanyard does not qualify as "making" parts for the Camaro Z28 nice try

SureFire z28 Flashlight Tactical OD Green Lanyard
IOM-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 12:53 PM   #33
ABM/IOM

Drives: aqua blue ls and inferno orange ss
Z-28 release

The Z-28 was slated to be released as a late 2011, but as of now got pushed back even further. More like 2012-2013. But G.M. still has it in the works. It will have the same engine as the Cadillac sts-v (556 h.p. 6.2 liter)supercharged. It most likely will only be offered in 6- speed manual as the automatic can't handle the power. Estimated top speed of 198 m.p.h.
ABM/IOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 01:01 PM   #34
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABM/IOM View Post
The Z-28 was slated to be released as a late 2011, but as of now got pushed back even further. More like 2012-2013. But G.M. still has it in the works. It will have the same engine as the Cadillac sts-v (556 h.p. 6.2 liter)supercharged. It most likely will only be offered in 6- speed manual as the automatic can't handle the power. Estimated top speed of 198 m.p.h.
source?
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 01:05 PM   #35
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Quote:
I want to go 198
2010 SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 01:28 PM   #36
jrpxxii

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 427ci
Just out of curiosity, what is it about the Z28 that would make you sell your SS and wait 2 years? Is it the styling, the power? I don't get it. You can get more power and performance with adding to the SS for what you will pay for the Z28. Just curious since the Z28 is still rumor and no exact details as to why you would give up and awesome car to wait so long.
jrpxxii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 01:34 PM   #37
ABM/IOM

source?

The source is direct from G.M. The z-28 is almost completed right now, but G.M. ran out of funding to finish and launch the car. Most of the funding G.M. has goes to complete cars like the 2011 convertible camaros. The camaro z-28 may have an automatic transmission, but the top speed would be limited to about 175 m.p.h. just like the ctsv. The manual would propel the car to speeds like that of the z06 vette.
Old 02-11-2010, 01:38 PM   #38
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
The source is direct from G.M. The z-28 is almost completed right now, but G.M. ran out of funding to finish and launch the car. Most of the funding G.M. has goes to complete cars like the 2011 convertible camaros. The camaro z-28 may have an automatic transmission, but the top speed would be limited to about 175 m.p.h. just like the ctsv. The manual would propel the car to speeds like that of the z06 vette.
the source.... seems just like the source that MotorTrend quoted a year or so ago when they said that the Z28 was dead in the water....

then they said it was back, then it was dead, then it was back,

direct from GM... direct from who at GM?
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 01:40 PM   #39
ABM/IOM

To all you bashing my comments: Why not look into things for yourself instead of just going off the things you read on here. By the way, half of the sales people at the dealerships know less about the camaros than the people buying them. So talk to someone who actually knows something about the camaro.
Old 02-11-2010, 02:17 PM   #40
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
To all you bashing my comments: Why not look into things for yourself instead of just going off the things you read on here. By the way, half of the sales people at the dealerships know less about the camaros than the people buying them. So talk to someone who actually knows something about the camaro.
3 comments no credibility. . .and you obviously don't know us. because maybe we have been around long enough and know enough people that would be involved that won't really talk. seems like you are the one on thin ice right now.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 02:29 PM   #41
CoolestCamaro873
The Road's A Bad Joke...

Drives: '12 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waco View Post
Does anyone else not see this story as BS? Dad takes an immediate loss on the brand new GS (hearing that the Z is a go??? [source?]), deciding he can do with out a vette for 2 yrs, then decides a used Camaro would fill the bill better than the GS. Meanwhile, son CAN NOT WAIT for the Z28, but easily gives up the SS to drive his Honda Accord for some unknown period of time until which GM may or may not build a more desirable Camaro. Can anyone honestly imagine having the SS, then saying, what the heck, they might build the Z, so I'm going to give up this BA car NOW so I can what, put myself thru penance for the unforeseeable future in the event the heavenly Z is built? Raising the BS flag...
Actually Dad didn't lose a cent GM took back the car under the 60 Day return policy haven't you heard of this promotion? Never said when my father took delivery. Used Camaro while it is technically used it had 1800 miles on it it was my weekend car not an everyday vehicle. I live in NY can't drive it from Nov till May with snow and salt on rooads. My cars when traded or sold are in immaculate condition like new! You can raise your flag all you want I believe that GM cannot stand to hear GT500 "king of the musclecar hill" anymore. The car will be out. We once heard there would never be a Camaro again. Just sold my '10 so it is what it is. I can wait I got nothing but time!
Old 02-11-2010, 02:36 PM   #42
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
so the automatic in the CTS-V with higher vehicle weight wouldnt be up to snuff to stand behind the LSA? even tho it has proven to be the faster of the two transmissions in the CTS-V?

if/when GM releases this car, they wont be as close-minded as Chrysler is with their chally SRT-8 and only offer it with a manual. the chally barely sells 2000 units a month (if that)

Quote:
To all you ignorant D-bags bashing my comments: Why not look into things for yourself instead of just going off the things you read on here. By the way, half of the sales people at the dealerships know less about the camaros than the people buying them. So talk to someone who actually knows something about the camaro you bunch of waterheads.
really?

you want us to believe your posts... but then tell us not to just go off what we read here?

and we already know that dealerships know less than we do.
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote