Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 06-06-2012, 02:28 PM   #57
Jyrine

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Few questions:
1.) Where did you get the GFX package(website)?
2.) Where did you get your brake vents made functional?
3.) How does the
Exhaust Diverter System work?
4.) Was that spoiler a GM aftermarket part? (I think you stated that but not sure)

Also, congrats on getting COTW!

Looks killer.
Old 06-06-2012, 03:00 PM   #58
Edwin320

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1 Convertible A10
Car looks great! Nice job. The only thing I'm not too crazy about is the rear diffuser, and the geographic location of the car. I figure if I park next to you, my car could absorb some of your sswag through osmosis. :-)
Old 06-06-2012, 10:47 PM   #59
May_Roe_SS

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Black LS3
Ultra Nice
Lovem them Wheels man good set up!
Vararam CAI Borla ATAK cat back, Elite Engineering Catch Can, VMAX throttle body (white), Cam, valve train upgrade (springs, retainers, rods), Kooks 1 7/8" long tube, custom tune, and full Royal Purple fluids
May_Roe_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 12:21 AM   #60
SSWAG
COTW 6/4/2012

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyrine View Post
Few questions:
Quote:
1.) Where did you get the GFX package(website)?
2.) Where did you get your brake vents made functional?
3.) How does the Exhaust Diverter System work?
4.) Was that spoiler a GM aftermarket part? (I think you stated that but not sure)

Also, congrats on getting COTW!

Looks killer.
Thanks for your post! Sure, I'll try to answer your questions.

1. The body kit is from Razzi and it's sold by many vendors. I bought mine from Jason at PhastekPerformance.com.
• Razzi Camaro V8 Ground Effects Kit (P/N 130-100)

2. As mentioned in my thread, the rotors came from Brakeperformance.com and they work great (see part #'s below):
• Cross-Drilled and Slotted Brake Rotors (Brakeperformance.com P/N CB-62124 F & CB-62119 R)

3. Regarding the exhaust diverter system, I will need to refer you to Steve Koenig, the owner of NoWeeds.net at (605) 830-1146 or stevekoenig@noweeds.net. He can explain how his system works. It is more difficult to install his system in a convertible like mine, due the extra frame braces, but it is possible (more labor involved). If you visit his website, you can watch some videos about it on Youtube.

4. Yes, the rear spoiler is made by GM. However, when the body shop deinstalled the previous spoiler, they also removed the old AM antenna and tried to reinstall it inside my trunk lid. Unfortunately, the AM Radio doesn't work anymore as a result. The problem is that this antenna wasn't designed to work through metal (only plastic or fiberglass). I just wished he reinstalled the antenna inside the new spoiler, then I would not have had a problem with the radio. So now I am working on a solution to correct this issue. C5 MEMBERS: I AM OPEN TO IDEAS (please)!
• GM Dovetail Rear Spoiler (GM P/N 92234283) *

~Jeff
SSWAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 12:22 AM   #61
austinjames
Account Suspend...Right

Drives: Synergy LS & Vulcan 1600cc
such a bad ass ride man. So tastefully done. I love it
Old 06-07-2012, 12:24 AM   #62
SSWAG
COTW 6/4/2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by May_Roe_SS View Post
Ultra Nice
Lovem them Wheels man good set up!
Thanks, glad you like them!
Old 06-07-2012, 12:27 AM   #63
SSWAG
COTW 6/4/2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwin320 View Post
Car looks great! Nice job. The only thing I'm not too crazy about is the rear diffuser, and the geographic location of the car. I figure if I park next to you, my car could absorb some of your sswag through osmosis. :-)
Thanks! The SSWAG vibes are heading your way!
Old 06-07-2012, 12:45 PM   #64
slicktempo

Drives: 2011 Camaro
Saw your car featured on the Brakeperformance facebook and then saw that it made COTW on C5 lol! Congrats!

slicktempo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 12:11 AM   #65
SSWAG
COTW 6/4/2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicktempo View Post
Saw your car featured on the Brakeperformance facebook and then saw that it made COTW on C5 lol! Congrats!

Thanks....yeah, they asked me to send them photos after the new rotors were installed. Coverking also asked for photos, then they shipped me a product at no charge.
Old 06-08-2012, 02:48 PM   #66
Jyrine

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSWAG View Post

Thanks for your post! Sure, I'll try to answer your questions.

1. The body kit is from Razzi and it's sold by many vendors. I bought mine from Jason at PhastekPerformance.com.
• Razzi Camaro V8 Ground Effects Kit (P/N 130-100)

2. As mentioned in my thread, the rotors came from Brakeperformance.com and they work great (see part #'s below):
• Cross-Drilled and Slotted Brake Rotors (Brakeperformance.com P/N CB-62124 F & CB-62119 R)

3. Regarding the exhaust diverter system, I will need to refer you to Steve Koenig, the owner of NoWeeds.net at (605) 830-1146 or stevekoenig@noweeds.net. He can explain how his system works. It is more difficult to install his system in a convertible like mine, due the extra frame braces, but it is possible (more labor involved). If you visit his website, you can watch some videos about it on Youtube.

4. Yes, the rear spoiler is made by GM. However, when the body shop deinstalled the previous spoiler, they also removed the old AM antenna and tried to reinstall it inside my trunk lid. Unfortunately, the AM Radio doesn't work anymore as a result. The problem is that this antenna wasn't designed to work through metal (only plastic or fiberglass). I just wished he reinstalled the antenna inside the new spoiler, then I would not have had a problem with the radio. So now I am working on a solution to correct this issue. C5 MEMBERS: I AM OPEN TO IDEAS (please)!
• GM Dovetail Rear Spoiler (GM P/N 92234283) *

~Jeff
Thanks for all the info.

One clarification I wanted to make was I didn't mean the brake rotors, I meant the physical fender vents.

From the pictures yours seem to be made functional, and that is what I was curious about.
Old 06-08-2012, 06:43 PM   #67
mbonet
1NF3RN0

Drives: 2011 Inferno Orange Camaro - 1LT
Congrats on COTW...IOM's rule!!!
Old 06-08-2012, 06:50 PM   #68
KidKilowatt

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS
Awesome job you did with your ride. Congrats !!
2011 LLT RS Black on Black Loaded. [x]Showstopper 45th Anniversary inspired Camaro RS Stripes, [x] MPD1 Spoiler, [x] GM Heritage Grille. [x] Removed RS and Bowtie Emblems. [x] 30% Tinted Headlight Armour DRL's. [X ] Ruff Racing R954 Wheels [X] Solo Cat Back Mach X-LLT Exhaust [X ] Vmax Ported throttle body [x] Halo SC Reverse Hood Kit [x] Showstopper Painted, Modded Engine Cover [x] Cold Air Inductions CAI [x] Tinted Tails and Black Bezels [x] Megan Racing Street Series Coilovers [x] Belltech F&R Sways
Check out my build thread!
http://camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=212178
KidKilowatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 07:31 PM   #69
Kamaro72

Drives: 2011 Chevy Camaro SS
Nice Job!! I love the Razzi kit!
Old 06-10-2012, 12:21 AM   #70
SSWAG
COTW 6/4/2012

Quote:
Thanks for all the info.

One clarification I wanted to make was I didn't mean the brake rotors, I meant the physical fender vents.

From the pictures yours seem to be made functional, and that is what I was curious about.
Sorry, when you said "brakes", I assumed you meant the rotors. The fender gills are not functional; they were custom painted to look real. I've actually seen some painters make them look even better!

~Jeff