Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 07-04-2013, 08:31 AM   #1
maccabacks

Drives: Yes
RS & Tire Question

I am just about decided on which Camaro to get. The 2LT in Black. As I posted in a previous thread, this model is a perfect fit for me. I really do not see any value in the RS package, as it simply gives a different looking headlight and those summer tires, which concern me. This is where my question comes in. I live in a pretty mild climate, but I may move north in a year or two. Anyway, I don't want to mess with tires. I want to buy a car that has tires (these would be 19" all weather, which I think look great by the way) that I don't have to think about in regards to weather or early wear. My question this this: am I overthinking this and will I be missing out by not going with the summer tires and RS package, or am I making the right move. Thanks for the help. You guys and this forum are AWESOME!!!
maccabacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 09:00 AM   #2
GMTool
MY SS is SOLD

Drives: AGM 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
If you are basing your decision on tires. What about buying a car with the RS package but have the dealer swap the summer tires for some good all season tires as part of the deal.
Old 07-04-2013, 09:00 AM   #3
Wolvie70

Drives: 2016 2SS, Summit White, A8, NPP
If u see no value then don't get it. I have the RS package on my SS and its great. If you are here for someone to say your right on thinking its a waste then...

Yeah man total waste of money if you want HID and halos just get them aftermarket for like $500 and those tires are junk anyways.

Either way you will love the car.
Wolvie70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 09:02 AM   #4
Wolvie70

Drives: 2016 2SS, Summit White, A8, NPP
What happened to the car you posted about in February?
Wolvie70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 09:07 AM   #5
heRS
Raised by Wolves

Drives: IBM 2010 2LT RS M6
I love my 2LT, but I went with the RS package. I really wanted the leather interior and halo lights and communication package and better stereo.
After having put a set of Nittos on my car I too throw rocks at the P-Zeros. If it's about the tires, as mentioned above, dicker with the salesman regarding wheels & tires. That's why they are called "dealers".

heRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 09:08 AM   #6
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
If the only thing you don't like about the RS package is the summer tires: get the RS package, sell the brand new PZeros, and use what you get from that to buy all-weather tires
Old 07-04-2013, 09:11 AM   #7
htoniv

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolvie70 View Post
What happened to the car you posted about in February?

yea this guys posts are weird.. seems like hes trolling everyone.. according to that post he already bought a 2lt/rs
htoniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 10:17 AM   #8
maccabacks

Drives: Yes
My posts are weird? What's weird is actually taking time to research someone's past posts on a message board. That is weird. Back in February, I almost bought a car, but had to back out of the deal. I'm back in the market now and posted on this message board for some feedback. Does that satisfy your investigation? ****ing losers.
maccabacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 10:23 AM   #9
911medic

Drives: 2012 SIM 2LT/1970 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by heRS View Post
I love my 2LT, but I went with the RS package. I really wanted the leather interior and halo lights and communication package and better stereo.
The leather interior, communication package, and stereo are not related to the RS package.
Wishlist: ACS T5 Splitter -- Hood Vent Mod -- Footwell/Door Pull/Homelink Button Lighting
911medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 10:24 AM   #10
erik13

Drives: 2010 1LT RS
Get the RS package and a set of winter tires. A little extra money, but worth it. I got a set from tirerack for $1300 came with wheels, tires and sensors. Takes 20 minutes twice a year to get them swapped over.
erik13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 10:24 AM   #11
len_eng

Drives: 2024 Radiant Red 2SS, 1994 Z28,
I love my 2LT RS and I bought it in January. The first call I made when I got home, was to the TIRE RACK where I bought one of the snow tire packages with the Blizzak DMV1s. I put them on three days later. I have a 50+ mile commute to work and this is my daily driver. With all the snow we had this year I did not miss a day of work. When it got warm enough I put the factory wheels and tires back on.
len_eng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 10:46 AM   #12
CamaroKevin

Drives: 2011 Chevy Camaro 2LT RS SIM
My buddy has a '13 2LT, like myself, but he went without the RS package due to the extra cost.

After seeing the 20'' rims on my '11 2LT RS, he was

Doing what everyone else said is probably the smart idea since you are second guessing/reconsidering the RS package: Get the 2LT RS, sell the wheels or trade them in, get the wheels you want
CamaroKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 10:59 AM   #13
jravenfan

Drives: 2013 2SS Blue Ray Metallic
Based on the option package details the ILE gets the summer only tires, not the RS package, the P Zeros may not be great in snow but they are not a summer only tire.
Old 07-04-2013, 11:08 AM   #14
911medic

Drives: 2012 SIM 2LT/1970 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by jravenfan View Post
Based on the option package details the ILE gets the summer only tires, not the RS package, the P Zeros may not be great in snow but they are not a summer only tire.
Not sure exactly what you're trying to say. The 1LE package is only available for the SS.

ALL SS's come with Pirelli PZero summer tires. You don't need the 1LE package to get summer tires on the SS, although the 1LE does change the tire sizes.

V6s come with BFGoodrich all season tires if they have 18" wheels. They come with Pirelli PZero Nero all season tires if they have 19" wheels. And they come with Pirelli PZero summer tires if they have 20" wheels, i.e., with the RS package.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Pirelli&tireModel=P+Zero
Wishlist: ACS T5 Splitter -- Hood Vent Mod -- Footwell/Door Pull/Homelink Button Lighting
911medic is offline   Reply With Quote