Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-13-2014, 04:27 PM   #15
Cms3717
Recaro Employee

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Sr Sales Manager for GM here at Recaro says "Close", Earliest would be June.
Cms3717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 04:32 PM   #16
Swacer

Drives: 2018 GT350
That's awesome. I apologize for doubting you, just a lot of here say going around here
Old 03-13-2014, 04:33 PM   #17
Swacer

Drives: 2018 GT350
If the car needs to be reflashed, will that impact my tune?

Or is this flashing a seperate computer?
Old 03-13-2014, 04:39 PM   #18
Goo

Drives: Cayman S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cms3717 View Post
Hey, How do i add my car pic Under my name on this? I've already added it in the "garage", Sorry, I'm a newb.
Welcome, and go to the User CP (you'll see it in the menu near the top of the page) and then edit avatar.
Goo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 04:43 PM   #19
Cms3717
Recaro Employee

Recaro Seats

Don't blame you, The internet is a cesspool,lol. As far as the flash, It's my understanding you'd have to back up your custom tune and restore to factory before you EVER take your car to a dealer if they are going to plug it in. I will keep this forum posted as to any new updates in the program, after all, Why wouldn't I promote what we make
Old 03-13-2014, 04:47 PM   #20
mr_honez
Wifey Lover

Drives: 2013 Crystal Red 2LT/RS
Quote:
Hey, How do i add my car pic Under my name on this? I've already added it in the "garage", Sorry, I'm a newb.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goo View Post
Welcome, and go to the User CP (you'll see it in the menu near the top of the page) and then edit avatar.
What he said.

The maximum size of your custom image is 125 by 125 pixels or 146.5 KB (whichever is smaller).

For a sig picture you need to click Edit Signature. The maximum size of your custom image is 700 by 200 pixels or 146.5 KB (whichever is smaller).

I would love to have a set of Recaros...
Old 03-13-2014, 04:49 PM   #21
Smokey jr.

Drives: 2011 inferno orange camaro
Heres the punch line!! on the interior electronic side. You might have to do some more homework if they would work...and what type of options you have currently...will the recaro seats if heated be compatible with your current bcm or will you you even have to get a new seat heater control/faceplate that could be compatible with the seats...will you have to order a new bcm reprogrammed to use the recaro seats and will Chevy even allow this to happen...they seem to have this area locked up...what?...well it seems to me that even if you found the seats on ebay or a bone yard...would Chevy allow you to install them in your car without buying the seats from them...i.e. no tickee no washee...buy the seats from us and we might give you a reprogrammed software package...buy them from someone else...not so fast. I hope someone from Chevy is reading this...seems as though they make things almost impossible for guys and gals like us to upgrade our cars on our own without paying the piper for just a little bit of pride and confidence that we did it ourselves...without the help of a dealer....Don't get me wrong...we need the dealerships and It's not about beating the system... Wouldn't you think that they would be farther ahead and aligned with the Camaro community if they would "and could" allow us a little bit more imagination without always going to the "BIG Cahouna". Look there are alot of young folks that own a Camaro... it's even better that they did the work themselves and "GOT INVOLVED" My hat and helmet is off to all the folks that Dare to Dream and make it come true...Go Get Um Tiger!!!!!!!

Last edited by Smokey jr.; 03-13-2014 at 05:01 PM.
Smokey jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 04:53 PM   #22
Cms3717
Recaro Employee

Thanks!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_honez View Post
What he said.

The maximum size of your custom image is 125 by 125 pixels or 146.5 KB (whichever is smaller).

For a sig picture you need to click Edit Signature. The maximum size of your custom image is 700 by 200 pixels or 146.5 KB (whichever is smaller).

I would love to have a set of Recaros...
Thank you VERY much. I hope to get you some I can't believe the wealth of info in here! Maybe I can find someone to trade my rims to. I need a set of 20" instead of my 21"s.
Old 03-13-2014, 04:58 PM   #23
Cms3717
Recaro Employee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey jr. View Post
Heres the punch line!! you might have to do some more homework if they would work...and what type of options you have currently...will the recaro seats if heated be compatible with your current bcm or will you you even have to get a new seat heater control/faceplate that could be compatible with the seats...will you have to order a new bcm reprogrammed to use the recaro seats and will Chevy even allow this to happen...they seem to have this area locked up...what?...well it seems to me that even if you found the seats on ebay or a bone yard...would Chevy allow you to install them in your car without buying the seats from them...i.e. no tickee no washee...buy the seats from us and we might give you a reprogrammed software package...buy them from someone else...not so fast. I hope someone from Chevy is reading this...seems as though they make things almost impossible for guys and gals like us to upgrade our cars on our own without paying the piper for just a little bit of pride and confidence that we did it ourselves...without the help of a dealer. Wouldn't you think that they would be farther ahead and aligned with the Camaro community if they would "and could" allow us a little bit more imagination without always going to the "BIG Cahouna" look there are alot of young folks that own a Camaro it's even better that they did the work themselves and "GOT INVOLVED" My hat and helmet is off to all the folks that Dare to Dream and make it come true...Go Get Um Tiger!!!!!!!

I don't know ALL the details, But if you currently have heated seats everything jives. Just a reprogram. If you don't that's a whole other story. But it's safe to assume if you don't buy them from the dealer, forget them having ANYTHING to do with it, lol.

Last edited by Cms3717; 03-13-2014 at 04:59 PM. Reason: Update
Old 03-13-2014, 04:58 PM   #24
mr_honez
Wifey Lover

Drives: 2013 Crystal Red 2LT/RS
Quote:
Thank you VERY much. I hope to get you some I can't believe the wealth of info in here! Maybe I can find someone to trade my rims to. I need a set of 20" instead of my 21"s.
No problem, this place is the bomb when it comes to Camaro knowledge for sure. 21's are great but tire prices for them are crazy.
Old 03-13-2014, 05:00 PM   #25
Cms3717
Recaro Employee

I don't know ALL the details, But if you currently have heated seats everything jives. Just a reprogram. If you don't that's a whole other story. But it's safe to assume if you don't buy them from the dealer, forget them having ANYTHING to do with it, lol. The seats share all the base JCI seat components as far as electronics.
Old 03-13-2014, 05:01 PM   #26
Cms3717
Recaro Employee

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_honez View Post
No problem, this place is the bomb when it comes to Camaro knowledge for sure. 21's are great but tire prices for them are crazy.
Exactly why I'm getting off them.
Old 03-13-2014, 07:02 PM   #27
twenty10ss

Drives: 2010 camaro.ss
Wow, thanks for all the help guys. Well if somethings happens and we never get the option for them does anyone no another after market seat somewhat like these?
twenty10ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 07:04 PM   #28
Nutro

Drives: 2011 2SS Synergy Green
While this is exciting, I'd hate to see the price tag. I'm guessing $3K for the pair.