Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

View Poll Results: Should the police have a Camaro
No 48 33.80%
Yes 97 68.31%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 142. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-29-2008, 03:23 PM   #15
Chevyrocker
Weekend Rockstar

Drives: Depends on the day...
Quote:
Originally Posted by aston70 View Post
Or in the trunk... with you know who...

it never gets old.
Chevyrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 03:25 PM   #16
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
But there's no rope on the chase cars...
Old 07-29-2008, 03:56 PM   #17
drivingincamaro

Drives: 95 civic
only if the police is a vert
Old 07-29-2008, 04:47 PM   #18
ralniv

Drives: far too much
I voted 'yes', but it's conditional. There should be a reasonable rationale for using taxpayer dollars to buy Camaros for the police. A show car for their anti-drug efforts at local schools would be a just cause. I'd need to see the business case for a high speed chase car.
ralniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 04:51 PM   #19
chevydude26

Drives: Future 2011 camaro convertible
no ...means more of my tax money goes to these horrible state run institutions...
chevydude26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 05:50 PM   #20
Muscle Master
SS Lightning

Drives: An SRT8
NO, WITH THE STYLING OF THE CAMARO, ..................... NO

Quote:
The first rule of modding something that's not American is to not try to compete with modded V8 cars that are American. Really, they can run insane power with little investment. It's not even a fair fight.
Camaro 2SS RS, IBM, White Rally Stripes, custom fuel door: Status: going to the dealer: soon
Muscle Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 06:20 PM   #21
jmliptak

Drives: D
I think it would act as a deterrent akin to Dirty Harry and his S&W. "Do you feel lucky??? Go ahead punk, make my day".....
jmliptak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 06:24 PM   #22
Muscle Master
SS Lightning

Its bad enough their is a HEMI with flashing lights and a badge, and there is a rumur going around that chrysler is going to add a Six-speed to the police package, and on top of that their are going to have camaros with ls3's on highway patrol.............no

Quote:
The first rule of modding something that's not American is to not try to compete with modded V8 cars that are American. Really, they can run insane power with little investment. It's not even a fair fight.
Camaro 2SS RS, IBM, White Rally Stripes, custom fuel door: Status: going to the dealer: soon
Old 07-29-2008, 06:38 PM   #23
BumbleBee
Yes, I am a girl

Drives: 2006 Pontiac Vibe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscle Master View Post
and on top of that their are going to have camaros with ls3's on highway patrol.............no
Scared?

...second to none
BumbleBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 06:44 PM   #24
Muscle Master
SS Lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by BumbleBee View Post
Scared?
Like I can run!!!

Quote:
Old 07-29-2008, 07:03 PM   #25
chevydude26

Drives: Future 2011 camaro convertible
a lot of police members are corrupt members of society who don't have anybody to watch over them because of a complete lack of balance of power...

they are inept high school dropouts and the standards are so low its sad...

don't give them camaros

the way the ticket system is setup it is used as a cashcow for the liberal government and as a tax and for police to harass law abiding citizens for citations and they treat everybody as if they are a criminal...

a point system instead of cash penalties will take out the incentive for the state to constantly harass over small things which aren't criminal and ensure that the police are doing their job of protecting and serving law abiding citizens
chevydude26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 07:35 PM   #26
BumbleBee
Yes, I am a girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevydude26 View Post
a lot of police members are corrupt members of society who don't have anybody to watch over them because of a complete lack of balance of power...

don't give them camaros
Dude, run... really fast.

...second to none
Old 07-29-2008, 07:43 PM   #27
shanewittman
G8R H8R

Drives: 96 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevydude26 View Post

don't give them camaros

the way the ticket system is setup it is used as a cashcow for the liberal government and as a tax and for police to harass law abiding citizens for citations and they treat everybody as if they are a criminal...

a point system instead of cash penalties will take out the incentive for the state to constantly harass over small things which aren't criminal and ensure that the police are doing their job of protecting and serving law abiding citizens
Dude, have you had issues with law enforcement??? I don't personally know about New Jersey, but in almost every other location I have worked in, a high school dropout wouldn't qualify. A lot of departments require college educations. Most cities have oversight boards that watch out for corruption and injust police practices. Finally, the ticket system may be a little biased towards rewarding the city/police dept for issuing tickets, as they get some of the revenue from those tickets. However, they are not going to be able to cite someone if they are LAW ABIDING.

Now, back to the thread at hand. Cars like Camaros, Mustangs, Chargers, etc are a great incentive for police departments. Those cars help recruit and retain great officers. Cars like a Camaro do not cost police departments much more than the standard Crown Vic, so why not have a few in the motor pool? They are also a great attention getter. People such as those in these forum would appreciate seeing one of these great cars in person, (hopefully not behind you with the lights on...)!

Sorry to be long winded... this is something that gets under my skin when people do not respect law enforcement for the great work they do. If their respective cities, states, etc want to put a Camaro into the work force, I say go for it.
shanewittman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 07:50 PM   #28
BumbleBee
Yes, I am a girl

Nice first post, welcome fellow Florida camaro forumer!

...second to none