Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Closed Thread

Old 12-24-2013, 12:39 PM   #281
thefley

Drives: 68 Camaro
I think I would have waited to see what outcome and final word on who was going to pay and what before I started a trashing thread. I probably would have started a crying post about incident and losing my beloved ZL1 and how it happened.

Now that the shit storm has started I can imagine that the dealership is now going to really fight it more.

It's true you can catch more flys with honey.

I will stay tuned for chapter 2.
Old 12-24-2013, 12:41 PM   #282
Devryn17
Suffers Fools Poorly

Drives: 2010 SS/RS, CGM w/ Silver Stripes.
So far the dealership has given him a rental and offered to sell him another car. (<---sarcastic thumbs up)

Momma didn't bronze my shoes, but when I turned 16 I inherited a lead foot.

Last edited by Devryn17; 12-24-2013 at 01:28 PM.
Old 12-24-2013, 01:17 PM   #283
G-Oil Guy
Where am I?

Drives: Zoe the ZL1, 2012 Frontier
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devryn17 View Post
So far the dealership has given him a rental and offered to sell him another car.
I don't know why your thumbs upping it....they're offering to SELL him another car not REPLACE his loss at their cost.

Why should the OP be out on this deal when it was the dealership who royally screwed the pooch here?
Old 12-24-2013, 01:23 PM   #284
eymang

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS & 1991 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdjnight View Post
quote from First State Chevrolets Homepage, I cant believe they put it right there on the first page. http://www.firststatechevy.com/

Recently 1st State Chevrolet had an employee enter the dealership on Sunday December 15th and take a customer's Camaro without authorization and subsequently totaled the customer's car in an accident. Our Business is closed on Sundays and was locked as is usual procedure. The employee acted on his own in this unfortunate event. This is an awful situation for both the customer and the dealership to deal with. We have been in contact with the customer and apologized for this situation at length. Both parties' insurance companies are working to handle this claim in a satisfactory manner. Hopefully this situation will be settled in the very near future.

-Robert L. Hansen
President 1st State Chevrolet
I guess they were advised to handle it like a politician. But what they are not saying is how they(dealer not insurance) is making it right to him.
Old 12-24-2013, 01:28 PM   #285
Devryn17
Suffers Fools Poorly

Drives: 2010 SS/RS, CGM w/ Silver Stripes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Oil Guy View Post
I don't know why your thumbs upping it....they're offering to SELL him another car not REPLACE his loss at their cost.

Why should the OP be out on this deal when it was the dealership who royally screwed the pooch here?
LOL It wasn't portrayed well, but the thumbs up was sarcastic.

Momma didn't bronze my shoes, but when I turned 16 I inherited a lead foot.
Old 12-24-2013, 01:48 PM   #286
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
The next time one of you get pissed because your employer seems controlling over trust and equipment or access, just remember some of what is being said here.

Also, anyone who says that employees take as much risk as business owners might want to pay attention here too.
Old 12-24-2013, 01:51 PM   #287
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Regardless said owner should just have the OP come in sit at the computer and put together his ZL1 at what his cost to him (financially not insurance based) it's awfully simple and will save a ton of time and face.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Old 12-24-2013, 02:02 PM   #288
Awill
Married

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LT/RS
that really is BS. i agree with the rest of everyone. unbelieveable that the dealer would have the nerve to tell you they aren't responsible. How in the heck do they figure that??
Old 12-24-2013, 04:10 PM   #289
fourcammer

Drives: 7331
after reading all of this ,first I would think the owner of the dealership is not too trust worthy now and that the owner of the dealership is in denial. wow that's is one heck of a way to operate and serve the general public.the hours of business is not even open on sunday.the dealership now post a notice on the front page of the site stating they know about the theft and wreck.thats called damage control.too bad I think now they will play hell selling zl1 their.
Old 12-24-2013, 09:57 PM   #290
Trekkie

Drives: Toyota Camry Hybrid
Send a message via ICQ to Trekkie Send a message via AIM to Trekkie Send a message via MSN to Trekkie Send a message via Yahoo to Trekkie
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhoop302 View Post
The state police said we cannot press charges because the car was not in our possession at the time of the theft. The dealer CAN press charges for "unauthorized use" but has not yet done so.
This absolutely makes no sense to me. How that isn't grand theft auto...makes no sense.
Old 12-24-2013, 10:11 PM   #291
MrWray
SYBIL

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS, silver ice metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekkie View Post
This absolutely makes no sense to me. How that isn't grand theft auto...makes no sense.
Technically it is "unauthorized use of a motor vehicle", which is still a felony. Since the perp is an employee of the dealership, and the dealership is in sole custody of this camaro at the moment, they are responsible. The dealership had authorization to work on a paint issue but DID NOT have authorization to take the vehicle out for a drive. The employee should be arrested and charged with unauthorized use of a motor vehicle
Old 12-24-2013, 10:19 PM   #292
CamaroJoe96

Drives: 2013 Full Bolt on LFX M6
So,
Let's all book ourselves some "service appointments" there after the holidays, and jerk them around for a while until they make things right for our buddy!
Old 12-24-2013, 10:20 PM   #293
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
ya if this is the law down there i think ill get a job at a dealership and go jump some cars. anybody want to go mudding in a new camaro
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
Old 12-24-2013, 10:34 PM   #294
fourcammer

Drives: 7331
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroJoe96 View Post
So,
Let's all book ourselves some "service appointments" there after the holidays, and jerk them around for a while until they make things right for our buddy!
yeah that would funny for them to have 30 or so bookings and it never happen.

Closed Thread

Tags
1st state chevrolet, stealership, stolen, totaled, wrecked, zl1