Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 02-23-2015, 09:09 AM   #29
swiftkart

Drives: 2010 SS/RS LS3 M6
Imagine the possibilities without digging into the engine? A 3" exhaust, a tune, a converter. Be 9's all day. Forget about cam, heads, pulleys, etc....Like stated a great platform to start with.[/QUOTE]

Not saying the Helcat isn't impressive, but it will not run 9's all day with the mods you listed, it will need a lot more hp to runs 9's all day.
swiftkart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 08:16 AM   #30
BooSSted

Drives: 2017 Z06 / 2012 CTS
HC is impressive, I actually love the way they look. I'm glad they raised the bar for the other companies to compete to. The endless barrage of dyno nuthugging gets old though. As stated already with the listed mods that car will not run 9's "all day"
Out of the Mopar loop, but is the HC able to be tuned without work? I remember the newer SRT8's were swapping ecus to older models to allow tunes.
BooSSted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 09:34 AM   #31
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Drives: 2011, 2SS/RS, Synergy
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftkart View Post
Imagine the possibilities without digging into the engine? A 3" exhaust, a tune, a converter. Be 9's all day. Forget about cam, heads, pulleys, etc....Like stated a great platform to start with.
Not saying the Helcat isn't impressive, but it will not run 9's all day with the mods you listed, it will need a lot more hp to runs 9's all day.[/QUOTE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by BooSSted View Post
HC is impressive, I actually love the way they look. I'm glad they raised the bar for the other companies to compete to. The endless barrage of dyno nuthugging gets old though. As stated already with the listed mods that car will not run 9's "all day"
Out of the Mopar loop, but is the HC able to be tuned without work? I remember the newer SRT8's were swapping ecus to older models to allow tunes.
Just curious...I checked the fast list and didn't see either of you listed. Do either of you drag race?

No it won't need a lot more HP to run 9's.....it's not always about HP. Hence why you have 800-1000rwhp camaros running 10's and a stock HC (with let's call it 650rwhp) with race gas and dr's has been 10.6.

BooSSted...since you are FI (I'm assuming this by your user name) I'm taking it you know some about FI and how to get the most power. How much more power do you think the HC would pick up with a 3" vs a 2.5" exhaust (we won't even discuss removing the cats).

How much is a PROPERLY spec'd torque converter worth in the 1/4 mile at this power level vs the stock one?

And then comes the tune....no the HC's computer can't be messed with at this time....so it's all just speculation about what a tune would be worth on a HC. But worst case scenario the fuel shutoff could be turned off/deleted so you could see what the real HP/TQ level of a HC is.

2011 Camaro SS/RS Synergy-1 of 255-Sold
You will be missed but you are in good hands!

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Mydivorcegift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 10:21 AM   #32
BooSSted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mydivorcegift View Post
Not saying the Helcat isn't impressive, but it will not run 9's all day with the mods you listed, it will need a lot more hp to runs 9's all day.

Just curious...I checked the fast list and didn't see either of you listed. Do either of you drag race?

No it won't need a lot more HP to run 9's.....it's not always about HP. Hence why you have 800-1000rwhp camaros running 10's and a stock HC (with let's call it 650rwhp) with race gas and dr's has been 10.6.

BooSSted...since you are FI (I'm assuming this by your user name) I'm taking it you know some about FI and how to get the most power. How much more power do you think the HC would pick up with a 3" vs a 2.5" exhaust (we won't even discuss removing the cats).

How much is a PROPERLY spec'd torque converter worth in the 1/4 mile at this power level vs the stock one?

And then comes the tune....no the HC's computer can't be messed with at this time....so it's all just speculation about what a tune would be worth on a HC. But worst case scenario the fuel shutoff could be turned off/deleted so you could see what the real HP/TQ level of a HC is.
Your attempt to troll is weak. As you said .. "so it's all just speculation"
While further modifications will unleash moderate gains, it's failing point will be again the inability to tune the damn car. If this is addressed by someone with more knowledge on the Mopars feel free to chime in with facts. End of the day it's still not going to be running 9's 'all day' with an exhaust & tq converter. Grabbing the' fastest time posted on the net and applying it to all HC's is silly.
Old 02-24-2015, 10:55 AM   #33
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Quote:
Your attempt to troll is weak. As you said .. "so it's all just speculation"
While further modifications will unleash moderate gains, it's failing point will be again the inability to tune the damn car. If this is addressed by someone with more knowledge on the Mopars feel free to chime in with facts. End of the day it's still not going to be running 9's 'all day' with an exhaust & tq converter. Grabbing the' fastest time posted on the net and applying it to all HC's is silly.
LOL...feel free to give EDC a call and see if I'm a troll. And no I said it would be speculation about what a tune would be worth on a HC. Going from a 2.5 to 3" exhaust and going from stock converter to a properly spec'd one is not "specualation". You can pretty much nail down what the gains would be.

Again do you drag race?

Agree about the tune.

No not really....it show's the true potential of the car.

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Old 02-24-2015, 11:17 AM   #34
swiftkart

Drives: 2010 SS/RS LS3 M6
Quote:

And then comes the tune....no the HC's computer can't be messed with at this time....so it's all just speculation about what a tune would be worth on a HC. But worst case scenario the fuel shutoff could be turned off/deleted so you could see what the real HP/TQ level of a HC is.[/QUOTE]

Yes I do drag race and I don't see you on the list either, I really don't care about the list for one and my car is FI also, I drag race cars and bikes and have been for many years and understand weight, hp, chassis setup, etc...to go fast on a bike, in a car or even road racing my 250 superkart so do you drag race.
swiftkart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 11:57 AM   #35
Ron_Robinson1

Drives: A Static line to a pack tray & ZL1
Send a message via AIM to Ron_Robinson1
Quote:

And then comes the tune....no the HC's computer can't be messed with at this time....so it's all just speculation about what a tune would be worth on a HC. But worst case scenario the fuel shutoff could be turned off/deleted so you could see what the real HP/TQ level of a HC is.[/QUOTE]

I think the most I have seen was 11hp gain from going to 3" exhaust, that was from Ivan at south west speed. But the car was already making over 700 rwhp at the wheels. So gains are minimal to say the least. A TQ converter can pick up between between .4-.5 in a 1/4 mile as I have seen through various readings. I don't see 9s with those mods on a hellcat. Race fuel means truly nothing if not tuned for it.

Hell auto ZL1s that I have read on this forum have gone 9s needed more HP than 650. MrVenicess has 704 rwhp and has gone 9.82. Remember this car is also 400lbs lighter than the hellcat and has one of the best tuners working on it.

Fast, yes it is. 9s all day...not with those mods talked about.
SOLD-2011 SS M6: Blower, Cam, Alky, LTs.
Ron_Robinson1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 12:39 PM   #36
BooSSted

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftkart View Post
Yes I do drag race and I don't see you on the list either, I really don't care about the list for one and my car is FI also, I drag race cars and bikes and have been for many years and understand weight, hp, chassis setup, etc...to go fast on a bike, in a car or even road racing my 250 superkart so do you drag race.
Quote:
I think the most I have seen was 11hp gain from going to 3" exhaust, that was from Ivan at south west speed. But the car was already making over 700 rwhp at the wheels. So gains are minimal to say the least. A TQ converter can pick up between between .4-.5 in a 1/4 mile as I have seen through various readings. I don't see 9s with those mods on a hellcat. Race fuel means truly nothing if not tuned for it.

Hell auto ZL1s that I have read on this forum have gone 9s needed more HP than 650. MrVenicess has 704 rwhp and has gone 9.82. Remember this car is also 400lbs lighter than the hellcat and has one of the best tuners working on it.

Car and Driver has these kids with a slighted perception.
Old 02-24-2015, 01:07 PM   #37
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_Robinson1 View Post

Does HP factor into DR? Sure. Is it the end all be all? No.

So figure on the low end for the converter and 10 for the exhaust. The 10.6 car is now 10.1.....

And then the million dollar question is (which we probably won't find out for a long time) what would a tune be worth? I didn't say low 9's...but yes I think those 2 mods applied, and a tune, it would be a 9.8-9.9 car all day.

And we haven't even mentioned basic other mods like a CAI, long tubes, weight reduction.

We will see in due time.

Quote:

Car and Driver has these kids with a slighted perception.
LOL. Kids? I haven't been a kid in a long, long time.

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Old 02-24-2015, 01:33 PM   #38
BooSSted

So back to my original comment of .. You're just speculating. A lot of IF's and I THINK's ... End of the day, yes the HC is a great platform, it will go fast. I'm still more interested in someone tuning the car to allow some serious gains.
BooSSted is offline   Reply With Quote