Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > Canada

Old 04-04-2013, 10:57 AM   #1
Robd
Robs SS

Drives: 2011 camaro ss synergy
just installed blinder hp905 laser jammer!!!

after lots of searching on the Internet watching videos talking to the guys at Davenport motorsports I finally decide to install the blinder hp 905 laser jammer In my Camaro heres a video review from radar roy pretty interesting review
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=UlGXDivqPok
and kinda a funny cheesy one from blinder note time 1:14 of video lmao I've never been pulled over like this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...eOlBoT3TgXcand
and heres a few install pics
Attached Images

[COLOR=lime]my kinda going green POWER 605 RWHP powered by maggie chrome tsv 2300 supercharger,ar long tube headers high flow cats b and b exhaust ,roto fab intake ,lingenfelter cam , upgraded sc reservoir ,Comp cams
performance valve springs, Comp cams Titanium retainers,Heavy duty valve locks,MSD ignition wires, Kool Sox heat resistant heat sleeves , Larger fuel injectors, high flow fuel rails,American racing rims ,hurst short throw shifter,led footwell and grille lighting,pfadt suspension upgrades
Robd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 11:56 AM   #2
Outlaw77

Drives: 2018 Charger SRT 392 F8 Green
Cool! What happens if they catch you with this?
Outlaw77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 12:34 PM   #3
RickRay
INJACC

Drives: 2010 CGM 2LT/RS AUTO
They confiscate it = Bye Bye Radar.
My sister came from Chicago and went through Ontario & she got pulled over. She never had it on..it was between the seats...the cop saw it & took it from her saying its illegal to have them...sorry.
Member of 'Club Elite' #70
2LT/RS Auto / Solo HFC / Solo Mach X-LLT J-Pipe / JBA Headers Shorty
CAI - Cold Air Inductions / VMAX TB / Trifecta Tune
Hotchkis Max Strut Brace / Blade Dovetail Spoiler / Elite Catch Can
ACS T3 Hood Ports / T2 Bumper Ports / T2 Splitter / ACS T1 Led Light Kit
ACS Rockers / ACS Composite Hood Liner / ACS Upper Rear Quarter Ports
ACS Front Wheel Mud Flaps / ACS Rear Wheel Mud Flaps / Vitesse Throttle Controller
Pedders Drop Suspension / BMR Lower Control Arms / Style 41 ZL1 Wheels /
Oracle Afterburners / Oracle Concept SMD Side markers
Complete SS Brembo Brakes Set
RickRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 12:41 PM   #4
Robd
Robs SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickRay View Post
They confiscate it = Bye Bye Radar.
My sister came from Chicago and went through Ontario & she got pulled over. She never had it on..it was between the seats...the cop saw it & took it from her saying its illegal to have them...sorry.
NOT ILLEGAL in Alberta bc or Saskatchewan and also it has parking assist mode which is not illegal anywhere even the us also I've done what they refer to as a stealth install which means the main CPU is not anywhere visible lotsa guys have them here
[COLOR=lime]my kinda going green POWER 605 RWHP powered by maggie chrome tsv 2300 supercharger,ar long tube headers high flow cats b and b exhaust ,roto fab intake ,lingenfelter cam , upgraded sc reservoir ,Comp cams
performance valve springs, Comp cams Titanium retainers,Heavy duty valve locks,MSD ignition wires, Kool Sox heat resistant heat sleeves , Larger fuel injectors, high flow fuel rails,American racing rims ,hurst short throw shifter,led footwell and grille lighting,pfadt suspension upgrades
Old 04-04-2013, 12:53 PM   #5
RickRay
INJACC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robd View Post
NOT ILLEGAL in Alberta bc or Saskatchewan and also it has parking assist mode which is not illegal anywhere even the us also I've done what they refer to as a stealth install which means the main CPU is not anywhere visible lotsa guys have them here
It's OK there but like I said don't go through any Province / State that's illegal you might loose it.
ACS Front Wheel Mud Flaps / ACS Rear Wheel Mud Flaps / Vitesse Throttle Controller
Old 04-04-2013, 01:15 PM   #6
Robd
Robs SS

When using something like this common sense will go a long way don't rip by them waving and laughing lol also if your somewhere its not legal when they try to use laser on you it will warn u .slow down ,turn it off (u can set it to automatically jam for 5,6,7,8,9,or10s then turn off allowing u time to slow down )and they will not know as this blinder doesn't alert them that your jamming there signal they just don't get your speed displayed sometimes they'll get this from normal vehicles and need to try a few times to get it anyways.also if your doing 200kms hr in a 110 zone they're gonna know your speeding .i installed this mainly for the simple reason it's nice to cruise at 130 kmhr in a 110kmhr zone on highway without worrying about hitting a laser trap .
Old 04-04-2013, 02:50 PM   #7
islander033
SLOBRA1

Drives: GT500/Cruze/DMax/Cobra
Looking good man!
Old 04-04-2013, 03:05 PM   #8
RickRay
INJACC

Quote:
When using something like this common sense will go a long way don't rip by them waving and laughing lol also if your somewhere its not legal when they try to use laser on you it will warn u .slow down ,turn it off (u can set it to automatically jam for 5,6,7,8,9,or10s then turn off allowing u time to slow down )and they will not know as this blinder doesn't alert them that your jamming there signal they just don't get your speed displayed sometimes they'll get this from normal vehicles and need to try a few times to get it anyways.also if your doing 200kms hr in a 110 zone they're gonna know your speeding .i installed this mainly for the simple reason it's nice to cruise at 130 kmhr in a 110kmhr zone on highway without worrying about hitting a laser trap .
Totally agree with you...
Old 04-04-2013, 10:12 PM   #9
Robd
Robs SS

It works!! I tested it out hwy 2 n bound between Okotoks and Calgary they were shooting laser
Old 04-05-2013, 01:07 AM   #10
dragon22

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS SIM
The manager at work installed a Laser Interceptor in his car a few years ago. The first time it went off, he was going through a playground zone (doing the speed limit) and it shocked him as it was the first time it had ever gone off. He didn't even have time to turn it off. The officer shooting him was looking at his laser gun wondering what the heck was going on. He turned around and went through the playground zone 2 more times to test the interceptor again. LOL LOL
dragon22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:34 AM   #11
Robd
Robs SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon22 View Post
The manager at work installed a Laser Interceptor in his car a few years ago. The first time it went off, he was going through a playground zone (doing the speed limit) and it shocked him as it was the first time it had ever gone off. He didn't even have time to turn it off. The officer shooting him was looking at his laser gun wondering what the heck was going on. He turned around and went through the playground zone 2 more times to test the interceptor again. LOL LOL
Old 04-05-2013, 10:54 AM   #12
Outlaw77

Drives: 2018 Charger SRT 392 F8 Green
Quote:
Totally makes sense! I always wanted but I have more issues with the dam photo radar lol. Does this jammer work when a cop is driving the opposite direction with their radar/laser on? Or do they have to be stationary in order for the detector/jammer to work? My father is a retired RCMP and he always told they were illegal but its good to know that's not the case for AB, BC and Sask.
Outlaw77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 11:11 AM   #13
Robd
Robs SS

Best thing is combination Of two things radar detector and laser jammer .the passport 9500ix radar detector will detect all radar as well as photo radar red camera lights ,speed cameras. Then when it comes to lazar usually when you get hit by laser its too late they already got you the Jammer prevents it by jamming the signal not allowing them to get a speed read on you .its my Understanding that they need to be stationary in order to use laser, When they are driving there using radar and your detector will pick that up. Just to clarify I read That it was legal in Alberta BC and Saskatchewan. I would probably ensure that this is fact as you well know not everything is true that you read on the Internet lol . I would definitely do good radar detector as my first investment mine has saved me a lot
Old 04-05-2013, 11:18 AM   #14
Robd
Robs SS

And passport 9500ix definitely works when they're driving with radar on any direction the blend mount / mirror mount for detector is key I think for maximum sensitivity and allowing detector to see out our small rear Camaro windows here's a pic of mine I hard wired in
Attached Images