Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 11-03-2012, 07:44 PM   #1
BB11

Drives: 2011 v6 1LT Black Camaro
mid pipe

I am thinking about getting bbk lth soon but i will like to know... do i need to add a x pipe, a ss stock mid pipe.....or get it installed as is....i have a 2011 v6 ( lt) . Thanks
BB11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 07:49 PM   #2
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro IOM
usually people get the res x-pipe to eliminate the rasp that comes when installing the headers. You don't need it but it is recomended. I would first do the header install and see how you like the sound and go from there. As far as a ss midpipe the only difference is it is .25in wider than the stock v6 one. i got it installed on my car and to be honest haven't noticed a difference, but I still have stock headers/cats....the main purpose is that since headers will be 2.5cm wide the ss midpipe will line up nice with them.
Old 11-03-2012, 09:43 PM   #3
BB11

Drives: 2011 v6 1LT Black Camaro
Thanks for the input.....where i can i get a ss mid pipe.....ebay?

QUOTE=kjkjr27;5770397]usually people get the res x-pipe to eliminate the rasp that comes when installing the headers. You don't need it but it is recomended. I would first do the header install and see how you like the sound and go from there. As far as a ss midpipe the only difference is it is .25in wider than the stock v6 one. i got it installed on my car and to be honest haven't noticed a difference, but I still have stock headers/cats....the main purpose is that since headers will be 2.5cm wide the ss midpipe will line up nice with them.[/QUOTE]
BB11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 09:50 PM   #4
gahammerle

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS M6 Inferno Orange
Headers line up just fine with the stock V6 pipes. You do not need to get the SS pipes to install headers on the V6.

Injen CAI / Solo Mach-X LLT / Solo High-flow res-cats / Barton short shifter / RX Catch Can / RPI Gills / 35% tint / LED Footwell Lighting Front & Rear / Pedders Street 1 / Pedders steering rack bushing / SS struts / Pfadt drop springs / VMax Ported Throttle Body / Spohn Toe Rods / Spohn Trailing Arms / Trifecta Tune / MACE 25mm Intake Spacers

Find me on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/gahammerle
gahammerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:03 PM   #5
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Drives: Supercharged LLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by gahammerle View Post
Headers line up just fine with the stock V6 pipes. You do not need to get the SS pipes to install headers on the V6.

But imo, especially with my setup....BBK's + res x pipe + ss midpipes will make it sound even better
Old 11-03-2012, 11:20 PM   #6
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gahammerle View Post
It's not need but it is a nice upgrade.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklin's Bee View Post

But imo, especially with my setup....BBK's + res x pipe + ss midpipes will make it sound even better
That is what I am hoping for haha