Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 10-22-2013, 10:01 PM   #29
EarlyApex

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1leNPP View Post
I got a set Michelin PSS P285 front & P295 backs there a Great all round tire. Work good in a wide temperature range .
Beautiful pictures, I can't help but love your car (same color as mine), and those tires are on my wish list.
Old 10-22-2013, 11:39 PM   #30
Midnight Rat

Drives: SS 1LE
Those of you that went with a bigger size tire, did you have to recalibrate the speedometer?
Midnight Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 10:29 AM   #31
JustJohn

Drives: Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate1LE View Post
John,
Zero rubbing issues. They fit like a glove.
Thanks Nate! Thinking out loud here; I wonder if the 295 would work on the front?
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, signed a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life." That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -- Author Unknown
Old 10-23-2013, 12:03 PM   #32
So Cal Camaro
So Cal Race Team

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJohn View Post
Thanks Nate! Thinking out loud here; I wonder if the 295 would work on the front?
Depends on the wheel offset and camber you run...I know some who have run on Forgeline's, but not on the 1LE wheels not a lot of room up front to the inside once you run -1.6 or more.
Old 10-23-2013, 01:39 PM   #33
1LE Red Dragon
Train Driver

Drives: 2018 Summit White ZL1 1LE
This morning it was 48 degrees outside in NC. Driving my kids to school. Going straight rolling on in third gear at 3k rpms, the car steps out sideways. Goodyears with only 4400 miles on them. PLenty of tread, still look pretty new. I was only about 3/4 of a mile away from the house. Car usually spins bad in 2nd gear when the tires are warm, but has never broken loose in 3rd going straight at about 3/4 throttle. This was with the traction control on.

Car makes a little more power than stock though. LOL

Eforce, LT headers, CAI. About 590 whp and 500+ ft lbs. But still it was a quick wake up.

Later on after tires got some heat in them and the coolant temp got up, I could go 3/4 throttle in 3rd and no spinning that I could tell.
1LE Red Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 06:44 PM   #34
JustJohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by So Cal Camaro View Post
Depends on the wheel offset and camber you run...I know some who have run on Forgeline's, but not on the 1LE wheels not a lot of room up front to the inside once you run -1.6 or more.
Figured that would be pushing it, thanks SoCal, much appreciated. Sweet car you have there!

Hey Nate, would you mind posting a couple rear view photos of that beast of yours so we can get an idea of how those 315's look from the rear and just how wide they really are?
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, signed a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life." That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -- Author Unknown

Last edited by JustJohn; 10-24-2013 at 10:38 AM. Reason: grammar.
JustJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 10:59 PM   #35
Nate1LE

Drives: 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Figured that would be pushing it, thanks SoCal, much appreciated. Sweet car you there!

Hey Nate, would you mind posting a couple rear view photos of that beast of yours so we can get an idea of how those 315's look from the rear and just how wide they really are?
I'd be happy to. I'll snap some more pics tomorrow.
Nate1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 07:19 AM   #36
Novie LE

Drives: 2014 1LE
39 degrees when I took off for work today. Car drove like any other car on the road. I didn't slide, I didn't spin, and I didn't die....
Novie LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 07:28 AM   #37
1bad1le

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novie LE View Post
39 degrees when I took off for work today. Car drove like any other car on the road. I didn't slide, I didn't spin, and I didn't die....
Same here

If it's cold, I'll still drive the car. If it's cold and snowing, I'll drive my Duramax.
1bad1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 08:01 AM   #38
Banshee
Institutionally Insane

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS 1LE
OK...

For those of you guys who need a lesson on these tires, try this. You will need

a. Baking pan/cookie sheet.
b. 2 hockey pucks. Used is ok.

Put one of the hockey pucks in the freezer. Us hockey guys do this before the game. While there, grab a beer out of the freezer and go watch The Red Wings game. Drink beer, remembered you forgot to put pan in freezer. Get and drink another beer.

(4 hours pass) 7 bottles on ground, pan of water frozen..puck frozen. Scratch head wondering why the f*^k you have a frozen pan of water and hockey puck in freezer..

Prop up the pan approximately 2-3" so you have a nice decline.

You will see the puck that is frozen glides across the ice. I HIGHLY recommend NOT driving on these tires under 50 degrees. I, by necessity had to drive my 1LE this morning because my Cavalier trans synchros are shot. It showed 34 degrees on my DIC and I even heated the tired for an hour in garage.
It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?
Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 10:39 AM   #39
JustJohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate1LE View Post
I'd be happy to. I'll snap some more pics tomorrow.
Sweet, can't wait to see em! Thank you sir.
Old 10-24-2013, 10:47 AM   #40
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee View Post
OK...

For those of you guys who need a lesson on these tires, try this. You will need

a. Baking pan/cookie sheet.
b. 2 hockey pucks. Used is ok.

Put one of the hockey pucks in the freezer. Us hockey guys do this before the game. While there, grab a beer out of the freezer and go watch The Red Wings game. Drink beer, remembered you forgot to put pan in freezer. Get and drink another beer.

(4 hours pass) 7 bottles on ground, pan of water frozen..puck frozen. Scratch head wondering why the f*^k you have a frozen pan of water and hockey puck in freezer..

Prop up the pan approximately 2-3" so you have a nice decline.

You will see the puck that is frozen glides across the ice. I HIGHLY recommend NOT driving on these tires under 50 degrees. I, by necessity had to drive my 1LE this morning because my Cavalier trans synchros are shot. It showed 34 degrees on my DIC and I even heated the tired for an hour in garage.

You should do cartoons.
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 11:30 AM   #41
Nate1LE

Drives: 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Sweet, can't wait to see em! Thank you sir.
You're welcome. Here you go.

Nate1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 05:28 PM   #42
JustJohn

Nice, they don't stick out as far as I thought they would. Nice looking ride you've got there my friend. Thank you for getting the extra pics sir!!