Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 04-08-2010, 12:07 PM   #1
Dboy23
2G1FB1EV7A9100028

Drives: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Hemi
Looking for 22" Wheels HELP!

Well I've never purchased new wheels (not used ones) for a car but for my Camaro I'm looking to get some brand new ones, I really like the BBS style wheels in black with a black lip and a red pinstripe but they are like $750 a wheel. Looking at something similar open to suggestions. Any help is appreciated. The less I spend the better considering I'm only 18.
Old 04-08-2010, 12:25 PM   #2
xavier02832

Drives: 13 ZL1-SOLD, 13 GT500-Sold
Im also in love love with the bbs ch-r but they're way to expensive. Im now looking into the tsw doningtons in matte black which also run in 22s and I believe they're running around 200 per wheel (someone correct me if im wrong).
xavier02832 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 12:32 PM   #3
autobot kj

Drives: 2010 camaro SS
I'm assuming you have already glanced at the custom wheel gallery & the vendor classifieds for wheels. Tons of choices there, I'm sure you will find something that's not gonna break the bank...
autobot kj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 12:33 PM   #4
I Love Camaros

Drives: Chevy Camaro
Hey DBoy23 My name is Krystina, I'm writing on behalf of Rocket Racing Wheels! They have some great wheel styles for modern muscle cars, including some new ones for 2010. I've posted some info about the wheels below, check it out you may love em!

http://www.rocketracingwheels.com/

New styles include the Rocket Launcher Series, Rocket Igniter Series and Rocket Velocity Series, all designed to preserve the classic look and feel of golden age hot rods, street rods and muscle cars, while still delivering maximum style, performance and a surprisingly affordable price.

Rocket Launcher Series
The Rocket Launcher Series maintains the original Nostalgia Gasser 10 spoke spindle mount appearance of the 50s and 60s drag cars, but with a much safer five lug bolt-on application. The Rocket Launcher Series wheels are precision-crafted, designed and tested to meet or exceed U.S. D.O.T. Requirements & SAE Standards.

Available in three different finishes including Gray Painted Centers with Machined Outers, Fully Polished and Full Satin "As Cast", the Rocket Launcher Series traditional styling, bolt-on performance and unbelievable pricing are sure to impress even the most seasoned vintage drag and hot rod enthusiasts.

Rocket Igniter Series
The Rocket Igniter Series is inspired by an early design Salt Flats style wheel, dating back to the dawn of the hot rodding age, when a handful of innovative gear heads in hopped-up roadsters streaked across Southern California’s dry lakebeds in a quest for speed and glory.

The Igniter Series wheels are precision-crafted cast A356 aluminum and topped off with a vintage style aluminum o-ring center cap. Currently available in Fully Polished, Full Satin “As Cast”, as well as with Gray Painted Centers with Machined Outers.

The Rocket Igniter features traditional 5 window kidney bean Salt Flats style centers and an old school traditional outer lip. Whether you’re building a Hiboy Roadster, Willys Coupe or traditional Street Rod, the Rocket Igniter, pays homage to the history, passion and courage of the early days of hot rodding.

Rocket Velocity Series
The Rocket Velocity Series wheel is a one-piece alloy wheel, built to deliver maximum style and performance at an affordable price. Velocity Series wheels feature a traditional outer lip and split spoke, which nicely accentuates many performance brake systems.

Unlike polished wheels that require constant maintenance and elbow grease, the Rocket Velocity is available in durable chrome and painted finishes that require very little maintenance. When the wheels get dirty, simply hose them off and towel dry.

Rocket Performance Machine (RPM) is committed to producing cutting-edge alloy wheels through performance and innovation with the highest quality standards to enhance the performance and appearance.

I Love Camaros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 02:01 PM   #5
Dboy23
2G1FB1EV7A9100028

Drives: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Hemi
Quote:
Originally Posted by xavier02832 View Post
Im also in love love with the bbs ch-r but they're way to expensive. Im now looking into the tsw doningtons in matte black which also run in 22s and I believe they're running around 200 per wheel (someone correct me if im wrong).
Where did you find these for $200 I like them. I wish they had more of a lip for the back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by autobot kj View Post
I'm assuming you have already glanced at the custom wheel gallery & the vendor classifieds for wheels. Tons of choices there, I'm sure you will find something that's not gonna break the bank...
Not really too much but I looked quickly and nothing really caught my eye.