Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 02-25-2013, 12:37 AM   #1
11Huggerwhite
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS supercharged
Best tuner in central Fl

I'm getting my cam, headers,springs, etc installed right now. I was wanting to know who you guys think is the best tuner in central Florida around Orlando. Thanks
11Huggerwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 02:06 AM   #2
Irnwkrkev

Drives: 2011 SS/RS LS3
I'm in Miami but I've always used Jeremy Formato of Fasterproms. He's based out of Tampa but also travels and books places to tune. I've driven all the way to Tampa before to have him tune a car..... you would have a much shorter ride!
Irnwkrkev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 03:05 AM   #3
avellanet.jr
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #77
FSP with Matt & Rodney aren't far from you. They'll be at the all Florida meet this weekend if your going.
avellanet.jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:12 AM   #4
brantley847
v It bites.

Drives: 2011 IBM 2SS/RS
Mike Norris comes down once a month and has family roots here I believe... he did my cam..

Also Tampa Tuning if you don't mind the drive over to Petersburg... Tampa Tuning was the best price and Phil is top notch. Search for him on google or on here and you will see his webpage. Both provide a great product and you will be happy you did the tune.

EDIT:....I just re-read that you are already getting that stuff installed. No disrespect intended, but why did you not have a tuner set up? You need that relatively quickly after the cam, and a dyno will run you approx. $500. You can ride without a tune on headers and bolt ons for a while, but with a cam.. I don't know if it would be very wise to go much further than the install and home on the base tune. Had a lot of stalls on the way to get mine done. We..unfortunately.. have a terrible market of tuners here. Installers are here and there, but tuners are scarce without the 2 hour drive.
Performance: 439 RWHP: 226/236 Comp Cam, Kooks 1-7/8, CAInc, Borla S type, Vmax TB, Rx Catch Can, Trans cooler, SLP 160 termo, Melling high volume, Eibach Springs/Sways 1" drop, Whiteline complete bushing kit.
brantley847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:07 AM   #5
SC2150
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
Phil from Tampa Tuning for sure....or Howard at Redline.

SC2150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:07 PM   #6
fastvee
Banned

Drives: 2011 CTS-V, 2010 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irnwkrkev View Post
I'm in Miami but I've always used Jeremy Formato of Fasterproms. He's based out of Tampa but also travels and books places to tune. I've driven all the way to Tampa before to have him tune a car..... you would have a much shorter ride!
x2

Jeremy Formato.
fastvee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 04:19 PM   #7
SC2150
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastvee View Post
x2

Jeremy Formato.
Is he a supporting vendor on here? Haven't seen any posts in months.....Those that are excellent tuners AND support this forum should be the ones patronized IMHO.

SC2150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 04:24 PM   #8
MrGs SS

Drives: 2013 Black SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC2150 View Post
Is he a supporting vendor on here? Haven't seen any posts in months.....Those that are excellent tuners AND support this forum should be the ones patronized IMHO.

I agree, and these guys all go out of their way to answer questions and make reality based suggestions.

Performance Mods-CAI intake, APEX washer bottle relocate and scoop, Ported TB. SLP 160 degree stat, Norris Catch-can, Pfadt Tri-Y headers, BMR F/R sway bars and Arms, Corsa cat back exhaust.
Appearance Mods-Blackout kit (markers, tail lights), black tail light bezels, black chrome trunk lettering, LSR billet engine dress-up kit, sub box. Billet tensioner pulley and thermostat housing (Billetcustom), Heritage grille.

Tuned by Matt @ Florida Speed and Power
379/388 Mustang dyno
MrGs SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 04:41 PM   #9
Camper
Banned

Drives: 10' 2SS LS3 M6
check out Matt with florida speed and power. Great reputable fella in our industry. I text him some stupid question pretty much every single day and he manages to answer every single one of them in a timely manner. With all the parts i've purchased, hes been the greatest vendor by a landslide.

Last edited by Camper; 02-25-2013 at 05:38 PM.
Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:24 PM   #10
flyer08
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by avellanet.jr View Post
FSP with Matt & Rodney aren't far from you. They'll be at the all Florida meet this weekend if your going.
This is who did mine
flyer08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:26 PM   #11
Irnwkrkev

Drives: 2011 SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11Huggerwhite View Post
I'm getting my cam, headers,springs, etc installed right now. I was wanting to know who you guys think is the best tuner in central Florida around Orlando. Thanks
He didn't mention being a vendor or having a high post count as a requirement..... just who was thought best.

The forum world may not be for everybody and that shouldn't be counted as a negative. Some tuners have reputations that precede them without having to teach class on the forums.

There is some great advice given on this forum.... and there's a whole lot of opinion and b.s. as well. Just like some of the vendors sell inferior products and snake oil.

Everyone should have the right to be able to say what they believe without it being ruled by vendor status or post count. JMHO
Irnwkrkev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:29 PM   #12
Matt @ FSP

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
I appreciate all of the endorsements in this thread for us down here at FSP. We can take care of all your tuning needs, having tuned thousands of LSx vehicles for the last 10+ years I'd have no problem to take care of you. We are a bit over 2 hours from Orlando, but I can take care of your tuning needs in one-day and get you a free loaner car to visit the beach if you want!

We are having a tuning special right now for cam only cars, shoot me a PM for full pricing.
Matt @ FSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:42 PM   #13
litle88
V8 Lounge member #2

Drives: 2001 Ws6
+1 for FSP!!
Heard nothing but good stuff from over there.
2001 ws6, 40k miles, Ls3 416 stroker, short block built by PER the rest by me. LPE Ls3 heads milled to 12-1 comp, FAST 102, NW 102, kooks 2", dual DMH cutouts, Magnaflow C/B, BTR cam + springs. Full UMI suspension.
litle88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 06:07 PM   #14
flyer08
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt @ FSP View Post
I appreciate all of the endorsements in this thread for us down here at FSP. We can take care of all your tuning needs, having tuned thousands of LSx vehicles for the last 10+ years I'd have no problem to take care of you. We are a bit over 2 hours from Orlando, but I can take care of your tuning needs in one-day and get you a free loaner car to visit the beach if you want!

We are having a tuning special right now for cam only cars, shoot me a PM for full pricing.
Loaning out the shop car?
flyer08 is offline   Reply With Quote