Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-02-2009, 05:21 PM   #1
Kwaz1335
The Kwaz

Drives: Black 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to Kwaz1335
YOUR WARRANTY INFORMATION

I got a little tired about hearing about warranties..so here it is right from the GM site

The Best Coverage in America
Chevy 100,000 mile/5-year transferable Powertrain Limited Warranty with no deductible*
Chevy 100,000 mile/5-year 24/7 Roadside Assistance Program*
Chevy 100,000 mile/5-year 24/7 Courtesy Transportation Program*

Covered for 5 years/100,000 Miles*
Chevrolet will warrant each 2007 through 2010 model year Chevrolet passenger car, light-duty truck, crossover or van for 5 years or 100,000 miles/160,000 kilometers (whichever comes first; see dealer for details) with no deductible, from the original in-service date of the vehicle, for warrantable repairs that are required as a result of defects due to material and/or workmanship to the powertrain components as listed below:

Engine
Cylinder head, block, timing gears, timing chain, timing cover, oil pump/oil pump housing, OHC carriers valve covers, oil pan, seals, gaskets, turbocharger, supercharger and all internal lubricated parts as well as manifolds, flywheel, water pump, harmonic balancer and engine mount. Timing belts are covered until the first scheduled maintenance interval.

Engine: 2010 Chevrolet vehicles
All internally lubricated parts, engine oil cooling hoses, lines and radiators. Also included are all actuators and electrical components internal to the engine (i.e., Active Fuel Management Valve Lifter Oil Manifold, etc.), cylinder head, block, timing gears, timing chain, timing cover, oil pump/oil pump housing, OHC carriers, valve covers, oil pan, seals, gaskets, manifolds, flywheel, water pump, harmonic balancer, engine mount, starter motor, turbocharger and supercharger. Timing belts are covered until the first scheduled maintenance interval. Exclusions: Excluded from the powertrain coverage are sensors, wiring, connectors, engine radiator, coolant hoses, coolant and heater core. Coverage on the engine cooling system begins at the inlet to the water pump and ends with the thermostat housing and/or outlet that attaches to the return hose. Also excluded are the entire pressurized fuel system (in-tank fuel pump, pressure lines, fuel rail(s), regulator, injectors and return line) as well as the Engine/Powertrain Control Module and/or module programming.

Transmission/Transaxle/Transfer Case
Case, all internal lubricated parts, torque converter, transfer case, transmission/transaxle mounts, transmission/transaxle mounts, seals and gaskets.

Transmission/Transaxle: 2010 Chevrolet vehicles
All internally lubricated parts, case, torque converter, mounts, seals and gaskets as well as any electrical components internal to the transmission/transaxle. Also covered are any actuators directly connected to the transmission (slave cylinder, etc.). Exclusions: Excluded from the powertrain coverage are transmission cooling lines, hoses, radiator, sensors, wiring and electrical connectors. Also excluded are clutch and pressure plate as well as any Transmission Control Module and/or module programming.

Transfer Case: 2010 Chevrolet vehicles
All internally lubricated parts, case, mounts, seals and gaskets as well as any electrical components internal to the transfer case. Also covered are any actuators directly connected to the transfer case as well as encoder motor. Exclusions: Excluded from the powertrain coverage are transfer case cooling lines, hoses, radiator, sensors, wiring and electrical connectors as well as the transfer case control module and/or module programming.

Drive Systems
All internally lubricated parts, final-drive housings, axle shafts and bearings, constant velocity joints, propeller shafts and universal joints. All mounts, supports, seals and gaskets as well as any electrical components internal to the drive axle. Also covered are any actuators directly connected to the drive axle (i.e., front differential actuator, etc). Exclusions: Excluded from the powertrain coverage are all wheel bearings, drive wheel front and rear hub bearings, locking hubs, drive system cooling, lines, hoses, radiator, sensors, wiring and electrical connectors related to drive systems as well as any drive system control module and/or module programming.

Courtesy Transportation Program
During the warranty coverage period, this Chevrolet program provides alternate transportation and/or reimbursement of certain transportation expenses under the Courtesy Transportation Program if your vehicle requires warranty repairs. Several transportation options are available. Refer to your Owner's Manual for details, including reservation of rights, or consult your dealer/retailer.

Roadside Assistance Program
Chevrolet is proud to offer the response, security and convenience of the 24-Hour Roadside Assistance Program for a period of 5 years or 100,000 miles/160,000 kilometers, whichever comes first. The program provides you with the following services during the New Vehicle Limited Warranty period:

* Emergency Towing (to closest Chevy dealer from a legal roadway)
* Lockout Service (keys locked inside vehicle)
* Flat Tire Changes (spare installed)
* Fuel Delivery ($5 worth of fuel delivered on the road)
* Jump-Starts (at home or on the road)

Refer to your Owner's Manual for details, including reservation of rights, or consult your dealer/retailer. For specific terms and conditions, please contact your Chevrolet Roadside Assistance Program advisor at 1-800-243-8872.

What Is Not Covered
All the above items are not covered for damage due to accident, misuse, alteration, insufficient or improper maintenance, contaminated or poor quality fuel. Medium-duty trucks, including the C4500, are excluded from this powertrain coverage. For complete details, refer to your Warranty and Owner Assistance Information booklet.

This is a supplement to the express conditions and warranties described in the Warranty and Owner Assistance Information booklet. Other coverages are not extended or altered due to this supplement.

For 2007 through 2009 model year passenger car, light-duty truck, crossover and van owners requiring a more comprehensive coverage than what is provided with this warranty and the New Vehicle Limited Warranty, an authorized GM service contract (GM Protection Plan) is available through your dealer/retailer). This is the only plan recommended by General Motors. See your dealer/retailer for details.

Covered for 3 years/36,000 miles*
Chevrolet backs your new vehicle with its no-deductible, Bumper-to-Bumper New Vehicle Limited Warranty. The entire vehicle is warranted for repairs, including parts and labor, to correct problems in materials or workmanship, for three years or 36,000 miles, whichever comes first (except normal maintenance). The warranty covers towing to the nearest Chevrolet dealership, and there is no deductible for warranty repairs during the warranty period. The warranty transfers automatically with vehicle ownership during the warranty period.

Covered for 6 years/100,000 miles
Corrosion Protection
Chevrolet vehicles are designed and built to resist corrosion. All body and sheet metal components are warranted against rust-through corrosion for six years or 100,000 miles, whichever comes first. Application of additional rust-inhibiting materials is not required under the corrosion coverage and none is recommended. See your Chevrolet dealer for terms of this limited warranty.

An Important Note about Alterations and Warranties
Installations or alterations to the original equipment vehicle (or chassis) as distributed by General Motors are not covered by the General Motors New Vehicle Limited Warranty. The special body company, assembler, equipment installer or upfitter is solely responsible for warranties on the body or equipment and any alterations (or any effect of the alterations) to any of the parts, components, systems, or assemblies installed by GM. General Motors is not responsible for the safety or quality of design features, materials or workmanship of any alterations by such suppliers.
Picked up and brought home 6/26/2009
2010 Black on Black SS/RS Camaro
Silver stripe package
Ground effects package
6 Speed Manual Transmission with Hurst short throw, Magnuson Supercharger, SLP loudmouth 1 kit.
Kwaz1335 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 05:22 PM   #2
Kwaz1335
The Kwaz

What is the Chevrolet 100,000 Mile/5-Year Powertrain Limited Warranty?
All 2007 through 2009 passenger cars, SUVs, light-duty trucks, crossovers and vans are covered. The Powertrain Limited Warranty is 100,000 miles or 5 years (whichever comes first). It is fully transferable and there are no fees and no deductibles. The Roadside Assistance and Courtesy Transportation Programs are also for 100,000 miles or 5 years (whichever comes first). For more details, please visit your Chevrolet dealer or click here.

How is the bumper-to-bumper warranty affected by this 100,000 mile/5-year warranty?
The Bumper-to-Bumper New Vehicle Limited Warranty on new Chevrolet passenger cars, SUVs, light-duty trucks, crossovers and vans remains in effect for three years or 36,000 miles (whichever comes first; see dealer for details). For more details, please visit your Chevrolet dealer or click here.

Why has GM elected to make this change?
This move is intended to provide you with an unprecedented level of value, confidence and protection. As a result, GM is elevating your total vehicle ownership experience with the best, most comprehensive consumer confidence package in the industry.

Can I purchase this extra powertrain coverage for my 2006 (and prior) vehicle?
You may be eligible to choose from one of our GM Protection Plan (GMPP) offerings that can be tailored to meet your needs — including extended powertrain coverage. Please contact your selling dealership/retailer for details on the various GMPP programs.

What about Courtesy Transportation?
The Courtesy Transportation Program is also included for 5 years/100,000 miles(1) (whichever comes first; see dealer for details) on all 2007 through 2009 Chevrolet passenger cars, SUVs light-duty trucks, crossovers and vans. Whenever warranty repairs are required, several transportation options and/or reimbursement of certain transportation expenses are available for your convenience at participating dealers/retailers.

What does the bumper-to-bumper warranty cover?
The Bumper-to-Bumper New Vehicle Limited Warranty covers vehicles registered in the U.S. and Canada from the date the vehicle is first delivered until it reaches three years or 36,000 miles (whichever comes first; see dealer for details). It covers the vehicle from bumper to bumper on any vehicle defect related to materials or workmanship. For more details, please reference your Owner's Manual under "What Is Covered" and "What Is Not Covered."

Is my vehicle covered from rust too?
Chevrolet vehicles are designed and built to resist corrosion. All body and sheet metal components are warranted against rust-through corrosion for 6 years/100,000 miles (whichever comes first; see dealer for details). Application of additional rust-inhibiting materials is neither necessary nor required under the Sheet Metal Coverage. Chevrolet makes no recommendations concerning the usefulness or value of such products. Application of after-manufacture rustproofing products may create an environment that reduces the corrosion resistance built into your vehicle. Repairs to correct damage caused by such applications are not covered under your New Vehicle Limited Warranty. See your Chevrolet dealer for terms of this limited warranty.

Do I have to go to the Chevrolet dealer where I purchased my vehicle to have this type of work performed?
While most customers prefer to have this type of work performed at their selling dealer, it can be performed at any Chevrolet dealership.

Can I take my Chevrolet to any GM dealership for warranty repairs?
These repairs must be performed by an authorized Chevrolet dealer, except in an emergency situation when a covered part or a Chevrolet dealer is not reasonably available to the vehicle owner. It's in your best interest to take your Chevrolet vehicle to a Chevrolet dealer for all repairs since they are the most knowledgeable about the particulars of your vehicle.

Does GM offer or endorse any service contracts for new or used vehicles?
Yes, the GM Protection Plan (GMPP) vehicle service and maintenance contracts are the only products endorsed by General Motors and are available through most GM dealers. To learn more about the different plans available, please visit www.gmprotectionplan.com.

I would like Chevrolet to grant me permission to use an image from the site and let me link from my site to Chevrolet. What should I do?
Unfortunately, Chevrolet cannot allow images from the Chevrolet site to be posted on other sites. Feel free to link your site to the Chevrolet site.

Why are Goodwrench-trained technicians so important?
From changing oil to changing engines, these automotive experts use only Genuine GM Parts & Accessories that are designed specifically for your GM vehicle. They're also tested for performance and reliability. So no matter what kind of GM vehicle you own, trust it to the Goodwrench-trained technicians at your GM dealer. You'll spend less time in the shop and more time on the road. For more details, please visit the Goodwrench website.

Who do I contact if I have a concern with my vehicle?
Your satisfaction and goodwill are important to your dealer and to Chevrolet. Normally, any concerns with the sales transaction or the operation of your vehicle will be resolved by your dealer's sales or service departments. The first step is to discuss your concern with a member of dealership management. Normally, concerns can be quickly resolved at that level. To locate a Chevrolet dealer, please visit the Chevrolet Dealer Locator.

How do I obtain an Owner's Manual?
There are two ways to obtain a copy:
1. You can register your vehicle by visiting the Chevrolet Owner Center at MyGMlink to download a complimentary electronic copy (for most vehicles from 1995 to present).
2. You can order a paper copy (for a fee), from Helm Publications, Inc. at 1-800-551-4123. Manuals are available from the late 1960s to 1994 for most GM vehicles.

What is MyGMlink?
MyGMlink.com is a FREE service offered to GM customers where they can access and receive:

* Digital Owner's Manuals, Warranty Manuals, and more
* Recall notices for their specific vehicles
* Email service reminders
* Online service and maintenance records (as entered by the customer)
* Exclusive privileges and offers
* Handheld companion (PDA) application
* An interactive vehicle design and racing game
* OnStar and GM Card Earnings summaries

For more details, please visit MyGMlink.

How do I know if my vehicle has been included in a recall?
Should a recall on your vehicle ever occur, Chevrolet will notify you by mail. You can also contact any Chevrolet dealer or visit the Chevrolet Owner Center at MyGMlink or call 1-800-222-1020.

What type of oil should I use in my Chevrolet vehicle?
Consult your Owner's Manual, "Oil, Engine" section. If you do not have a manual and you currently own a Chevrolet, please visit the Chevrolet Owner Center at MyGMlink to download a complimentary electronic copy (for most vehicles from 1995 to present).

What is Roadside Assistance?
Chevrolet has a Roadside Assistance program to aid owners during an emergency and with other services. It is a service that comes with each new Chevrolet passenger car, SUV, light-duty truck, crossover and van. Services provided include:

* 24-hour, 7-days-a-week toll-free 800 phone assistance
* Towing to the closest Chevrolet dealer (from a legal roadway)
* Flat tire change (using vehicle's spare)
* Battery jump-start
* Vehicle unlock service (costs for a new key and the labor to create not covered)
* Emergency fuel delivery (up to $5.00 worth)

There is also a service available on medium-duty trucks that provides towing service only.

How do I contact Roadside Assistance?
If your Chevrolet vehicle is equipped with an active OnStar subscription, simply press the blue button for roadside service. Otherwise, please call 1-800-243-8872 to initiate roadside assistance for your vehicle.

How long is my vehicle covered by Roadside Assistance?
The Roadside Assistance Program is included for 100,000 miles/5 years (whichever comes first) on all 2007 through 2009 Chevrolet passenger cars, SUVs, light-duty trucks, crossovers and vans. For model years prior to 2007, your vehicle is provided Roadside Assistance for the term that matches its bumper-to-bumper warranty. Please refer to the Owner's Manual for the specific warranty on your vehicle.

Are there any costs to me for using the Roadside Assistance Program?
There is generally no charge for any of the services listed while the vehicle is covered by the complimentary Roadside Assistance Program service. However, additional charges may be incurred for some services, including towing the vehicle beyond the closest Chevrolet dealer; for non-warranty parts and labor; or for lost key replacements. For details and additional information, please refer to Section 7 of your Owner's Manual.

What is E85 Ethanol?
E85 Ethanol, a blend of 85% ethanol and 15% gasoline, is a renewable fuel that can be made from biodegradable wastes and several plants, such as switch grass, willow and corn.
E85 Ethanol Flexible Fuel Vehicles (FFV) are designed to run on E85 or gasoline or any blend of the two. For more details, including vehicles with E85 option, as well as the locations of E85 fuel stations, please visit chevy.com/biofuels.

What makes an air bag inflate?
In a frontal or near-frontal impact of sufficient severity, the air bag sensing system detects that the vehicle is suddenly stopping as a result of a crash. The sensing system triggers a release of inflation gas. This gas inflates the air bag. The inflator, air bag and related hardware are all part of the air bag module packed inside the steering wheel for the driver air bag and in the instrument panel for the right-front passenger air bag.

When should an air bag inflate?
The air bag is designed to inflate in moderate to severe frontal or near-frontal crashes. The air bag will inflate only if the impact speed is above the system's designed "threshold level." If your vehicle goes straight into a wall that doesn't move or deform, the threshold level is about 14 to 18 mph (23 to 29 km/h). The threshold level can vary, however, with specific vehicle design, so it may be somewhat above or below this range. If your vehicle strikes something that will move or deform, such as a parked car, the threshold level will be higher. Inflation is determined by the angle of the impact and the vehicle's deceleration.

What is a Passenger Sensing System?
Chevy's Passenger Sensing System detects what kind of occupant may be present in the right-front passenger seat using sensors in the seat and the safety belt system. Unlike air bag on/off switches that are manually activated, the Passenger Sensing System is automatic; and a light on the rearview mirror or instrument panel indicates the system status at all times.

Will a side impact, rear impact or rollover cause the air bag to deploy?
If the vehicle is equipped with seat-mounted side-impact or roof rail-mounted head-curtain air bags, those will deploy in a side impact. If the vehicle is equipped with rollover-capable head-curtain air bags, a rollover sensor will deploy the head-curtain air bags in a rollover incident
The frontal air bags will not deploy in a side impact or rollover unless there is also a front or front-corner impact of sufficient severity to trigger the frontal air bags. The air bags will not deploy in a rear impact.

Is it still necessary to wear a safety belt with the Supplemental Inflatable Restraint system?
Yes! An air bag supplements the protection provided by the shoulder belts. Remember, the air bag is designed to inflate in moderate-to-severe frontal and near-frontal crashes. Safety belts can provide protection in impacts other than frontal and near-frontal collisions.

What kind of child-safety seats should I use in my Chevrolet vehicle?
There are no specific child restraints that Chevrolet recommends or endorses, but we do have some information that might be helpful to you:

* Chevrolet seats and safety belt systems are designed to accommodate child restraints. However, we cannot be certain that all child restraints will be compatible with Chevrolet vehicles. Our vehicles conform to the SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers) J1819 standard, which is a recommended guideline for automotive safety belt and child restraint compatibility. Therefore, child restraints that conform to this standard will be more compatible with the seats and safety belt systems used in Chevrolet vehicles. In addition, your Chevrolet dealer can install a tether anchor kit (at no charge to you) that will anchor front-facing child seats.
* First, we recommend you work with a child safety seat manufacturer or a local retail outlet that sells child restraint seats for possible suggestions on what type of seat would be most appropriate for your needs. You can also take your child restraint seat to a checkup event or contact a local CPS technician for additional assistance. The following websites offer important information on this subject:
* NHTSA (National Highway Traffic Safety Administration): www.nhtsa.dot.gov
* National Safe Kids: www.safekids.org
* Safety Beltsafe USA: www.carseat.org
* American Academy of Pediatrics: www.aap.org/family/carseatguide.htm
In addition, consider contacting your local hospital, police and fire departments.

Where can I find information about air bags/supplemental inflatable restraints on Chevrolet vehicles?
To learn about the specific items on your vehicle, please refer to Section 1 of your Chevrolet Owner's Manual, "Seats and Restraint Systems." For general information, please visit the safety section on the GM website.

What is Electronic Stability Control (i.e., StabiliTrak) and how does it work?
Stability enhancement systems help drivers maintain control of vehicles during certain low- traction driving conditions such as ice, snow, gravel, wet pavement and uneven road surfaces, as well as in emergency lane changes or avoidance maneuvers. For more information and to see how the system works, please visit the StabiliTrak section on the GM website.

What is the difference between all-wheel drive and four-wheel drive?
A vehicle equipped with all-wheel drive temporarily transfers power to all four driving wheels automatically when the need is sensed by the vehicle. A vehicle equipped with four-wheel drive (4x4) can transfer power from two wheels to all four wheels upon driver demand, usually by pushing a button or turning a switch.

What is the difference between Curb Weight and Gross Vehicle Weight?
Curb Weight is the weight of an empty vehicle (without payload or driver) with standard equipment, fuel, coolant and oil. It is also known as the vehicle weight. Gross Vehicle Weight is the actual weight of the entire vehicle and its contents, including fuel and occupants.

What is the Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR)?
GVWR, when properly equipped, includes weight of vehicle, passengers, cargo and equipment. Exceeding this weight is not recommended.

What is Payload?
Payload is the maximum allowable weight of cargo to be carried in a vehicle, including all occupants and optional equipment. A payload is computed by subtracting curb weight from GVWR.

How can I obtain a conversion package on my Chevrolet vehicle?
Your local Chevrolet dealer should be able to assist you in finding the best conversion company to fit your needs, as well as handle the details of having the conversion done to your vehicle. For more information on upfits, click here. To locate a Chevy dealer in your area, go to the Chevrolet Dealer Locator.

How can I learn more about the optional DURAMAX Diesel engine and its availability on Chevrolet trucks and SUVs?
The optional DURAMAX Diesel V8 engine has been designed to satisfy the customer's need for heavy-duty power, durability and fuel efficiency. It's the most powerful diesel ever produced for GM heavy-duty pickups and chassis cabs. This engine is currently available in 2500HD and 3500 Chevrolet Silverado trucks. To learn more about the DURAMAX Diesel engine and its future availability on other Chevrolet vehicles, please go to the Chevrolet Dealer Locator.

What is OnStar?
As part of the best coverage in America, OnStar is now offered in nearly every GM vehicle sold in the U.S. and Canada. OnStar is the in-vehicle safety and security system created to help protect you and your family on the road. OnStar's innovative three-button system offers:

* 24-hour access to expertly trained, caring Advisors
* A connection to emergency assistance
* Access to OnStar Hands-Free Calling in covered areas (prepaid calling charges apply)

Call 1-888-4ONSTAR (1-888-466-7827) or visit onstar.com for details and system limitations.

What is OnStar Vehicle Diagnostics?
OnStar Vehicle Diagnostics is an exclusive service that runs diagnostic checks on a vehicle's key operating systems and sends the customer monthly reports by email. And if a diagnostic check is needed in between emails, simply push the OnStar button and an Advisor can run a check while the vehicle is in motion. It's available only from OnStar and GM. And it's just one more way OnStar helps give you peace of mind on the road. Visit onstar.com for more information.

How do you turn off the vehicle's Daytime Running Lamps while parked?
Simply engage the parking brake.

Where can I purchase Chevrolet merchandise?
To order officially licensed merchandise (as well as brochures), please visit chevymall.com or call 1-800-558-2550 (12:00 p.m. — 6:30 p.m. ET).

Can I buy auto parts online?
Currently, Chevrolet parts can only be purchased through your local Chevrolet dealer. However, some Chevrolet retail websites allow purchase of parts from their facilities via their websites — please review your local Chevrolet Dealer's websites for this information.

Is Chevrolet currently offering any incentives or Special Offers?
Incentive offers vary throughout the year. To learn about Chevrolet national or regional incentives, visit the Chevrolet Special Offers page or, to inquire about any potential local offers, visit the Chevrolet Dealer Locator. If you prefer to contact us by phone, we can be reached at 1-800-950-2438 (8:00 a.m. – 11:00 p.m. EST) seven days a week.

What are the different option packages and prices?
Because available options and their prices vary from model to model, it's best to ask your dealer for the specifics. Your dealer will be glad to explain the options available for the model you're interested in. To locate a Chevrolet dealer, please visit the Chevrolet Dealer Locator.

When can I place an order for next year's model?
For specific information about any models you're interested in, ask your local Chevrolet dealer, who will be glad to provide you with a schedule. To locate a Chevrolet dealer, visit the Chevrolet Dealer Locator.

How can I obtain additional information on a new Chevy vehicle before it's produced?
Most new Chevrolet launch vehicles have a link on their product page that allows consumers to sign up and receive email updates as additional information becomes available.

How are trade-in values determined?
A trade-in value is determined by the dealer and can vary based on many factors, including mileage, the overall condition of a vehicle, the popularity of the vehicle and current regional market conditions. See your dealer for details.

Can I purchase a Chevrolet directly from the factory?
No. However, you may order a vehicle from the factory through an authorized Chevrolet dealer. To locate a dealer in your area, please visit the Chevrolet Dealer Locator.

What types of vehicle financing are available through GMAC?
Whether you want to lease or buy, your GM dealership and GMAC have some smart ways to fit a new GM vehicle into your life and your budget. To view the range of GMAC financing choices your dealership offers to qualified customers, visit GMAC.

Can I apply online to get pre-approved for financing through GMAC before I go to a dealership?
Yes. Just fill out and submit our online GMAC Express Application. Once GMAC receives your information, they'll process it quickly and email you a printable certificate to take to the GM dealership of your choice to complete the application process.

What is the GM Mobility Program?
General Motors is committed to helping persons with disabilities equip their vehicles for easier travel. To learn about the GM Mobility program, please visit gmmobility.com or contact the GM Mobility Assistance Center at 1-800-323-9935.

I would like to request a monetary or vehicle donation from General Motors or one of its divisions. What do I do?
General Motors and the GM Foundation support a variety of activities in the communities where we do business. For guidelines that apply to proposals to either GM or the GM Foundation for grants, event participation, or vehicle donation requests, click here.
Silver stripe package
Ground effects package
6 Speed Manual Transmission with Hurst short throw, Magnuson Supercharger, SLP loudmouth 1 kit.
Old 11-02-2009, 05:23 PM   #3
Kwaz1335
The Kwaz

CUSTOMER CARE • MEDIUM-DUTY TRUCKS • DURAMAX DIESEL • HYBRIDS

CUSTOMER CARE
CHEVROLET CUSTOMER ASSISTANCE CENTER
1-800-222-1020
You can talk directly to customer relationship managers who can handle any inquiries related to vehicle operation, warranty, product or service concerns you may have. Please refer to your Owner's Manual for Customer Assistance information.

CHEVROLET OWNER CENTER
Register your vehicle with the Chevrolet Owner Center, and receive benefits such as:

* Online access to your vehicle Owner's Manual
* Maintenance schedule reminders and service history tracking
* Warranty and service information
* Safety information
* Special offers and privileges
* News and events

ASSEMBLY
Chevrolet vehicles and their components are assembled or produced by different operating units of General Motors, its subsidiaries or suppliers to GM worldwide. We sometimes find it necessary to produce Chevrolet vehicles with different or differently sourced components than originally scheduled. Since some options may be unavailable when your vehicle is assembled, we suggest you verify that your vehicle includes the equipment you ordered and that, if there were changes, they are acceptable to you.

CHEVY ACCESSORIES WARRANTY
All dealer-installed Chevy Accessories are designed to enhance the appearance or extend the functionality of your Chevy vehicle. They are tested for performance, durability, and safety, and are covered by the GM 3-year/36,000-mile (whichever comes first) New Vehicle Limited Warranty when installed at the time you take delivery of your new vehicle. These available accessories can be ordered with your vehicle and included in your monthly lease or loan payment and on your new GM vehicle. See dealer for warranty details.

ENGINES
Chevrolet products are equipped with engines produced by GM Powertrain or other suppliers to GM worldwide. The engines in Chevrolet products may also be used in other GM makes and models.

REQUEST A QUOTE
If you request a price quote on a vehicle from a GM Vehicle Showroom Manager, you will be quoted the best price for that vehicle. That is, the price quoted to you will be the lowest price at which the dealership is willing to sell the quoted vehicle on that day or for any longer period the GM Vehicle Showroom Manager may specify. Of course, any vehicle is subject to prior sale to someone else during this period unless you and the GM Vehicle Showroom Manager reach some other understanding.
General Motors has no involvement in communications between you and the dealership's GM Vehicle Showroom Manager, including those concerning price quotes, and General Motors assumes no liability with respect to any misunderstandings that may arise between you and a GM Vehicle Showroom dealership related to those communications. Nevertheless, we are interested in making the GM Vehicle Showroom experience everything you expect it to be, so if you do have any such misunderstandings, concerns or questions, we would like to hear from you to see if we can help. You can contact the GM Vehicle Showroom Call Center by phone at 1-800-462-8976.

IMPORTANT WORDS ABOUT THIS WEBSITE
We try to make this website comprehensive and factual. We reserve the right, however, to make changes at any time, without notice, in prices, colors, materials, equipment, specifications, models and availability. Specifications, dimensions, measurements, ratings and other numbers in this website as well as printed materials provided at the dealership or affixed to vehicles are approximates based upon design and engineering drawings and prototypes and laboratory tests. Your vehicle may differ due to variations in manufacture and equipment. Since some information may have been updated, please check with your Chevrolet dealer for complete details. Chevrolet reserves the right to lengthen or shorten the model year for any product for any reason or to start and end model years at different times.

MEDIUM-DUTY TRUCK WARRANTY INFORMATION
Chevy backs your new medium-duty truck with its no-deductible, two-year/unlimited-mileage Bumper-to-Bumper Limited Warranty (excludes routine maintenance and engine/transmission coverage; varies by application; see details below).

WHAT IS COVERED
The entire vehicle is warranted for repairs, including parts and labor, to correct problems in materials or workmanship and includes:

* Full coverage for towing to the nearest Chevy dealership
* No deductible for warranty repairs during warranty period
* Transferable with vehicle ownership during warranty period

In addition to the two-year/unlimited-mileage (whichever comes first) Bumper-to-Bumper Warranty, all medium-duty trucks include:

* Cab sheet metal rust-through coverage for five years/unlimited mileage (whichever comes first)
* Frame rails and cross members coverage for five years/unlimited mileage (whichever comes first)
* Medium-duty diesel engine coverage; varies by engine application. See dealer for more information on your medium-duty truck powertrain.
* Tires are warranted by their manufacturers

See your Chevy dealer for terms and conditions of these limited warranties or visit the web for:

* Kodiak information:
* T-Series information:

AN IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT ALTERATIONS AND WARRANTIES
Installations or alterations to the original GM-equipped vehicle (or chassis) are not covered by the General Motors New Vehicle Limited Warranty. The special body company, assembler, equipment installer or upfitter is solely responsible for warranties on the body or equipment and any alterations (or any effect of the alterations) to any of the parts components, systems or assemblies installed by GM. General Motors is not responsible for the quality of design features, materials, or workmanship of any alterations by such suppliers. For more information on the Medium-Duty Truck Warranty, see your Chevy dealer.

DURAMAX DIESEL WARRANTY
6.6L DURAMAX DIESEL POWERTRAIN LIMITED WARRANTY
For trucks equipped with the 6.6L Duramax Diesel engine, the complete engine assembly — including turbocharger components — is covered for five years or 100,000 miles, whichever comes first. This warranty also features a $0 deductible and is transferable to another owner at no additional charge.

WHAT IS COVERED

* Cylinder block and heads and all internal parts
* Intake and exhaust manifolds
* Timing gears
* Timing gear chain or belt and cover
* Flywheel
* Harmonic balancer
* Valve covers
* Oil pan
* Oil pump, water pump and fuel pump
* Engine mounts, seals and gaskets
* Diesel Fuel Metering System: injection pump, nozzles, high-pressure lines and high-pressure sealing devices
* Fuel injection control module and left and right common fuel rails - Glow plugs and control module

For more information on the Duramax Diesel Warranty, see your Chevy dealer.

HYBRID WARRANTY
For vehicles sold in the United States, in addition to the Bumper-to-Bumper coverage described previously, General Motors will warrant certain Hybrid components for each 2009 Chevrolet Malibu Hybrid, Chevrolet Silverado Two-Mode Hybrid and Chevrolet Tahoe Two-Mode Hybrid (hereafter referred to as Hybrid) for eight years or 100,000 miles (160,000 kilometers), whichever comes first, from the original in-service date of the vehicle, against warrantable repairs to the specific Hybrid components of the vehicle.
For vehicles sold in Canada, in addition to the Base Warranty Coverage described in the GM Canadian Limited Warranty, Maintenance and Owner Assistance booklet, General Motors of Canada Limited will warrant certain Hybrid components for each 2009 Chevrolet Malibu Hybrid, Chevrolet Silverado Two-Mode Hybrid and Chevrolet Tahoe Two-Mode Hybrid (hereafter referred to as Hybrid) for 8 years or 160,000 kilometers, whichever comes first, from the original in-service date of the vehicle, against warrantable repairs to the specific Hybrid components of the vehicle.
This warranty is for Hybrid vehicles registered in the United States or Canada and normally operated in the United States or Canada, respectively. In addition to the initial owner of the vehicle, the coverage described in this Hybrid warranty is transferable at no cost to any subsequent person(s) who assumes ownership of the vehicle within the above described 8 years or 100,000 mile (160,000 kilometers) term. No deductibles are associated with this Hybrid warranty.
This Hybrid warranty is in addition to the express conditions and warranties described previously. The coverage and benefits described under "New Vehicle Limited Warranty" are not extended or altered because of this special Hybrid Component Warranty.
For 2009 Hybrid owners requiring more comprehensive coverage than that provided under this Hybrid warranty, a GM Protection Plan may be available. See your Chevrolet dealer for more details.

WHAT IS COVERED
This Hybrid warranty covers repairs to correct any vehicle defect related to materials or workmanship occurring during the 8-year or 100,000-mile (160,000 kilometers) term for the following:

Transmission
All automatic transmission components, including the auxiliary transmission fluid pump assembly, flexplate assembly and electric machine rotor and stator.

Steering
Electrohydraulic power steering pump and reservoir.

Brakes
Brake apply system sensor on the brake pedal assembly.

Other Hybrid Components
Starter Generator Control Module (SGCM); SGCM radiator; SGCM coolant pump and bottle; energy storage box and components, including batteries and control module; hood switch; electric power outlets; three-phase cable assembly; and Hybrid control module.

Towing
During the 8-year or 100,000-mile (160,000 kilometers) Hybrid warranty period, towing is covered to the nearest Chevrolet servicing dealer if your vehicle cannot be driven because of a warranted defect. Contact the Chevrolet Roadside Assistance Center for towing. Refer to the Owner's Manual for details.

Courtesy Transportation Program
During the 8-year or 100,000-mile (160,000 kilometers) Hybrid warranty period, interim transportation may be available under the Chevrolet or GMC Courtesy Transportation Program. Consult your dealer for details.

WHAT IS NOT COVERED
As the vehicle owner, you are responsible for the performance of the scheduled maintenance listed in your Owner's Manual. In addition to the "What Is Not Covered" section of the Warranty, this Hybrid Component Warranty does not cover the following items:

Wear Items
Wear items, such as brake linings, are not covered in this Hybrid warranty.

Maintenance
As the vehicle owner, you are responsible for the performance of the scheduled maintenance listed in your Owner's Manual. Maintenance intervals, checks, inspections and recommended fluids and lubricants as prescribed in the Owner's Manual are necessary to keep your vehicle in good working condition. Any damage caused by owner/lessee failure to follow scheduled maintenance may not be covered by warranty. Scheduled maintenance includes such items as brake pads/linings, coolants, fluids and filters.
NOTE: Interim maintenance, checks, inspections and recommended fluids and lubricants as prescribed in the Owner's Manual are necessary to keep your vehicle in good working condition.
For more information on the Hybrid warranty, see your Chevy dealer.

MALIBU HYBRID WARRANTY
In addition to the fully transferable Chevy 36,000 mile/3-year (whichever comes first) New Vehicle Limited Warranty and the 100,000 mile/5-year (whichever comes first) Powertrain Limited Warranty, GM will also warrant certain Hybrid components on Malibu Hybrid models for 100,000 miles/8 years (whichever comes first). No deductibles are associated with the Malibu Hybrid warranty, which is transferable to any subsequent persons assuming ownership of the vehicle during the 100,000 mile/8-year warranty period. See your Chevy dealer for details.

MALIBU HYBRID COVERAGE
Hybrid Components
The energy storage control module and components, including the Hybrid NiMH battery, Hybrid battery disconnect and Hybrid battery cooling fan.

Starter Generator Unit
The starter generator unit, starter generator control module, starter generator control module coolant pump, three-phase cable assembly, starter generator drive belt, belt tensioner and brackets, belt pulley and brackets.

Other Hybrid Components
The 42-volt cable assembly, auxiliary transmission pump, hill start valve, and cabin heater coolant pump.

SILVERADO TWO-MODE HYBRID WARRANTY
For vehicles sold in the United States, in addition to the bumper-to-bumper coverage and all other warranties that apply, General Motors will warrant certain Hybrid components for each Chevrolet Silverado Hybrid for:

* 8 years/100,000 miles, whichever comes first, from the original in-service date of the vehicle, against warrantable repairs to the specific Hybrid components of the vehicle.
* The Hybrid Component Warranty is in addition to the express conditions and warranties described in the Warranty Booklet. The coverage and benefits described in the Warranty Booklet under "New Vehicle Limited Warranty" are not extended or altered because of this special Hybrid Component Warranty. For Hybrid owners requiring more comprehensive coverage than that provided under this Hybrid Component Warranty, a GM Protection Plan may be available. See your Chevrolet dealer for more details.

SILVERADO TWO-MODE HYBRID COVERAGE
Transmission
Automatic transmission components including the transmission auxiliary fluid pump, transmission auxiliary pump controller, and three-phase transmission cables.

Other Hybrid Components
The 300-volt Battery/Electrical System includes: Hybrid wiring and Hybrid control modules, Drive Motor/Generator Control Module (DMCM) and accessory power module.

WHAT IS NOT COVERED
In addition to the "What is Not Covered" section of the warranty, this Hybrid warranty does not cover the following items:

Wear Items
Wear items, such as brake linings, are not covered in this Hybrid warranty.

Maintenance
As the vehicle owner, you are responsible for the performance of the scheduled maintenance listed in your Owner's Manual. Maintenance intervals, checks, inspections and recommended fluids and lubricants as prescribed in the Owner's Manual are necessary to keep your vehicle in good working condition. Any damage caused by owner/lessee failure to follow scheduled maintenance may not be covered by warranty. Scheduled maintenance includes such items as brake pads/linings, coolants, fluids and filters.

TAHOE TWO-MODE HYBRID WARRANTY
For vehicles sold in the United States, in addition to the bumper-to-bumper coverage and all other warranties that apply, General Motors will warrant certain Hybrid components for each Chevrolet Tahoe Hybrid for:

* 8 years/100,000 miles, whichever comes first, from the original in-service date of the vehicle, against warrantable repairs to the specific Hybrid components of the vehicle.
* The Hybrid Component Warranty is in addition to the express conditions and warranties described in the Warranty Booklet. The coverage and benefits described in the Warranty Booklet under "New Vehicle Limited Warranty" are not extended or altered because of this special Hybrid Component Warranty. For Hybrid owners requiring more comprehensive coverage than that provided under this Hybrid Component Warranty, a GM Protection Plan may be available. See your Chevrolet dealer for more details.

TAHOE TWO-MODE HYBRID COVERAGE
Transmission
Automatic transmission components including the transmission auxiliary fluid pump, transmission auxiliary pump controller and three-phase transmission cables.

Other Hybrid Components
The 300-volt Battery/Electrical System includes: Hybrid wiring and Hybrid control modules, Drive Motor/Generator Control Module (DMCM) and accessory power module.

WHAT IS NOT COVERED
In addition to the "What is Not Covered" section of the warranty, this Hybrid warranty does not cover the following items:

Wear Items
Wear items, such as brake linings, are not covered in this Hybrid warranty

Maintenance
As the vehicle owner, you are responsible for the performance of the scheduled maintenance listed in your owner manual. Maintenance intervals, checks, inspections, and recommended fluids and lubricants as prescribed in the Owner's Manual are necessary to keep your vehicle in good working condition. Any damage caused by owner/lessee failure to follow scheduled maintenance may not be covered by warranty. Scheduled maintenance includes such items as brake pads/linings, coolants, fluids and filters.
Silver stripe package
Ground effects package