Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

View Poll Results: Do you want a more powerful version of the Camaro(Z28)?
Yes 836 76.07%
No 263 23.93%
Voters: 1099. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-25-2008, 01:11 PM   #337
Bowtie Guy Z28

Drives: 98' Z28 08 CC Z71 2010 SS/RS
Maybe this thread should be closed before it gets out of control again....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTurtle View Post
mods, please combine all of these threads into one big thread... we're wasting people's times with all of these threads... when one big thread could solve alot of the misinformation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
The 'when' isn't known to the public, unfortunately...
But it is coming.

As for the engine, the general consensus is that it will contian some form of the 2009 CTS-V's LSA engine.
oh how sweet. I will wait patiently. gotta love boost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullthrottle View Post
oh how sweet. I will wait patiently. gotta love boost.
any word on ball park pricing? id immagine it would be close to 50K ya think that's a Fair estimate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
might be a little high, but maybe not. Expect it to be more than the GT500, but not too far from a base Corvette.
fai enough.... to be honest I dont care how much it is as long as its not too crazy in price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
So far, there isn't a Z28 at all, so pricing an imaginary car wouldn't make much sense.

We won't get SS pricing till January, evidently.
They can call it the camaro P.O.S. for all I care as long as it's got a blown 6.2L engine in it ill be happy. It's supposidly going to happen right? I was just trying to ball park here.

The "Z": BBK Intake, 85 MM Power TB, Smooth Bellow, SLP Lid, K&N, SLP Panhard, Strut Tower Brace, Spec Stage 2+ Racing Clutch, MSD Wires, Performance Exhaust
Bowtie Guy Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 01:12 PM   #338
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTurtle View Post
mods, please combine all of these threads into one big thread... we're wasting people's times with all of these threads... when one big thread could solve alot of the misinformation.
I'm working on it, I'm working on it.....I can't believe how many there are...3 new ones today.....
Old 07-25-2008, 05:42 PM   #339
MerF
Go Rays!

Drives: 03 Trailblazer
And again I say read my sig.
MerF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 12:01 PM   #340
fullthrottle
I WANNA GO FAST

Drives: I have 4 vehicles
Hey gents I have a question and please dont blast me for this one as im in the Navy and im deployed right now so the internet is slow and I dont have time to keep up with things concerning GM and the new camaro.

From what I can tell just based on reading a few pages of this thread there was some confusion about wheather or not GM was going to release a 550 HP blown version of the camaro (z28) and toward the end of this thread I see that it is still going to happen one thing I didnt catch is when. Again I appologize for asking the same questions as everyone else but likei mentioed before the web service is not the greatest in the Navy. and I just dont have the time to wait on web pages to load up. is there any engine specs out im assuming its going to be the 6.2L engine with a bit lower compression....

thanks in advance

Mike
fullthrottle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 12:52 PM   #341
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
The 'when' isn't known to the public, unfortunately...
But it is coming.

As for the engine, the general consensus is that it will contian some form of the 2009 CTS-V's LSA engine.
Old 07-27-2008, 01:03 PM   #342
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Hey gents I have a question and please dont blast me for this one as im in the Navy and im deployed right now so the internet is slow and I dont have time to keep up with things concerning GM and the new camaro.

From what I can tell just based on reading a few pages of this thread there was some confusion about wheather or not GM was going to release a 550 HP blown version of the camaro (z28) and toward the end of this thread I see that it is still going to happen one thing I didnt catch is when. Again I appologize for asking the same questions as everyone else but likei mentioed before the web service is not the greatest in the Navy. and I just dont have the time to wait on web pages to load up. is there any engine specs out im assuming its going to be the 6.2L engine with a bit lower compression....

thanks in advance

Mike
we don't know a whole lot. we don't even 'know' that it will hapen. But assuming it does, it should get a supercharged 6.2L engine with a 4 lobe rotor roots type blower. It will likely be derived from the LSA in the CTS-V, which is expected to make roughly 550 hp. the Camaro would likely get detuned slightly. As for release, it will come out with the LS, LT, and SS. Possibly around the time of the convertible though. However, anyone from GM will tell you that they cannot comment on future products.

Oh, and welcome!
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 01:04 PM   #343
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
any word on ball park pricing? id immagine it would be close to 50K ya think that's a Fair estimate?
So far, there isn't a Z28 at all, so pricing an imaginary car wouldn't make much sense.

We won't get SS pricing till January, evidently.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 01:06 PM   #344
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Quote:
might be a little high, but maybe not. Expect it to be more than the GT500, but not too far from a base Corvette.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 07-27-2008, 04:46 PM   #345
headpunter
Not That sad..considering

Drives: Man
Send a message via AIM to headpunter
In my humble opinion, the z/28 moniker shouldnt be on the high horsepower model, especially considering that the z/28 started as a low cubic inch hi RPM racing model to compete in trans am racing. they should make a low wieght better handling edition to call a z/28 and carry over the zl-1 moniker for the high horsepower edition.
headpunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 06:18 PM   #346
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by headpunter View Post
In my humble opinion, the z/28 moniker shouldnt be on the high horsepower model, especially considering that the z/28 started as a low cubic inch hi RPM racing model to compete in trans am racing. they should make a low wieght better handling edition to call a z/28 and carry over the zl-1 moniker for the high horsepower edition.

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 07-27-2008, 06:37 PM   #347
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Old 07-27-2008, 06:39 PM   #348
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
So do you think it should still fulfill those requirements today? To compensate, would it be acceptable to have a low-safety version of the Camaro, available as a non-streetable car? This could be a great track machine if it is designed right, but would GM be able to make a sale on a car with modern weight reduction? I'd be worried about safety since that explains so much of the current weight.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 09:27 PM   #349
headpunter
Not That sad..considering

Drives: Man
Send a message via AIM to headpunter
the z/28 model could have better vented brakes in the rear, light weight wheels, front spoiler and rear diffuser, cold air box, maybe some more extreme fender flares for wider tires. a different grill that isnt so deep so it catches less air. just a couple of ideas.
headpunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 10:11 PM   #350
rmyers

Drives: Both American Made
Quote:

How about a Twin Turbo V6 and aluminum frame! That would be a good start.

Ron
rmyers is offline   Reply With Quote