Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Other Generations > 1st & 2nd Generation Camaros

Old 01-05-2009, 09:50 PM   #1
VenomZ302
Live to Win, Dare to Fail

Drives: 2010 Aqua Blue RS/SS M6
Interested in buying...

Hey, all. So far I've owned two 4th gens, a 1st gen, and plan to own a 5th gen. My future wife is interested in learning how to drive a manual (she wouldn't want to "screw up" the 5th gen) and I wouldn't mind having a third car between us that would be the fun one that was still inexpensive, so we've thrown around the idea of looking for an inexpensive 2nd gen.

I haven't done much research yet, but I've noticed that they seem to be pretty inexpensive (I imagine they're just not as desirable), but that lead me to wonder what I should look for, both good and bad. For example, are there any areas on the car that are particularly bad about rust? Are there any good or bad combinations as far as the options are concerned?

I guess all in all, I'm interested in a "beater" that I could possibly restore down the line. Any thoughts or suggestions? I lean towards the early '70s out of all of the 2nd gens, but I'm open to others' ideas.

Sorry. I know that's a broad question, but this is my first time really hunting for a car on my own, so I feel like I could use all of the help I can get.

3/13/09 - Ordered Aqua Blue Metallic 2SS/RS M6!
7/13/09 - Built!
8/11/09 - Delivered!

2G1FT1EW2A9124579
VenomZ302 is offline   Reply With Quote