Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 04:14 PM   #225
motorbuff69

Drives: 2010 camaro on order
Can we see a pic of the whole front of the car?
Old 05-03-2009, 04:16 PM   #226
Ject
aka Patrick

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS '04 Silverado
Send a message via Yahoo to Ject
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorbuff69 View Post
Looks like to me that some one sat on the front of the car, hit somithing, or pushed on the front of the car to move, or some thing of that nature. Theres no way the front end moved up in high speed runs causing cracks, if it did it would be pulling away from the front fenders.

May have been... that cracks seem odd for wind to cause... but who knows really?
Old 05-03-2009, 04:16 PM   #227
coastal_carolina
Hung Like a Republican

Drives: 2016 Garnet 2SS Cpe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Ball View Post
I remember being one of the early C6 Corvette owners in 2005. The first time someone reported their roof flying off at highway speeds, several people told that guy to quit bitching, and that it was an isolated case. Some even laughed and said he must have done something to damage his car. Now, 100s of flying roofs later, it isn't so funny or isolated. Just keep that in mind. I guarantee the C6 Corvette also had plenty of wind tunnel and high-speed tests prior to a roof flying off. Not all problems are solved on the engineering side of things. It is important to understand that this destructive failure is POSSIBLE, it is not a guarantee it will happen. We shall see if others find the problem in time.
He is correct AND has a point.

**Previous ride: 2006 Spice Red Metallic A4 GTO
High end vs low end radar detectors
RadarBusters.com
GuysOfLidar.com
RadarDetector.net
Mine: v3.826 V1 (2006)
**2016 SS police stealth
**2015 BMW M4 vs 2016 SS Camaro MT Head 2 Head
**Fav cars: Vettes [C2,C3,C7], SS Camaros [1st Gen,02,6th Gen], M6 BMW, Aston DBS
**Coastal_Carolina over @ LS2GTO.com
SpiceyGTO over @ CorvetteForum.com
Old 05-03-2009, 04:20 PM   #228
diddiyo

Drives: .
whenever something weird goes wrong with say a toyota, everybody is like "haha lol toyota. exploding battery!!!", but now that something weird has happened to the new camaro (well actually already the 2nd or 3rd weird problem) they're all "so what? one out of thousands".

i dislike toyota as much as the next guy on here, but this is just camaro-fanboy-ism at its best, as usual.
Old 05-03-2009, 04:23 PM   #229
fdjizm
Account Suspended

Drives: 2008 Mustang GT/CS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockies4 View Post
Did anyone think the first run out of the blocks would be perfect?

Come on. How many posts of this problem have you heard of? This is the first.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltdodge View Post
how long have the preproduction cars been running around? 6 months? if it were a problem don't you think they would have seen it by now?

it's the first because who else is bringing their brand new camaro to 155mph?of course it's the first.
and who is going to want to find out and see? and risk a cracked bumper. realy.
Old 05-03-2009, 04:28 PM   #230
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddiyo View Post
whenever something weird goes wrong with say a toyota, everybody is like "haha lol toyota. exploding battery!!!", but now that something weird has happened to the new camaro (well actually already the 2nd or 3rd weird problem) they're all "so what? one out of thousands".

i dislike toyota as much as the next guy on here, but this is just camaro-fanboy-ism at its best, as usual.

You bash a blanket statement with a blanket statement......
Old 05-03-2009, 04:28 PM   #231
camarossrs2150

Drives: abm2ssrs
Quote:
Originally Posted by fdjizm View Post
it's the first because who else is bringing their brand new camaro to 155mph?of course it's the first.
i will. just change the speedometer to 95
Old 05-03-2009, 04:29 PM   #232
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Why dont we wait for more info before freaking out?
Old 05-03-2009, 04:29 PM   #233
theholycow

Drives: '02 GMC Sierra, '80 Lesabre
Quote:
Looks like to me that some one sat on the front of the car, hit somithing, or pushed on the front of the car to move, or some thing of that nature. Theres no way the front end moved up in high speed runs causing cracks, if it did it would be pulling away from the front fenders.
If someone sat on it, the center would be depressed, there would be spiderweb cracks across the top in the paint, and there would be crumples/wrinkles instead of cracks where the pictures cracks are.

If someone hit something, there would be chipped paint from the impact, the center would be bent up or in, something like that.

If someone pushed on the car there, I guess that's a little more likely, but there would still be spiderweb cracks in the paint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Streak View Post
?????
If it happens from parking over a curb, it can potentially happen to everyone quickly. If it happens from going 155mph, there's a chance that it might not happen to everyone (though material fatigure could eventually add up anyway).
1980 Buick Lesabre family heirloom with 36,000 miles
2008 Volkswagen Rabbit 2 door I5-2.5 5spd DD lease
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
she really underestimates the damage i would do to her reproductive organs
http://allOffTopic.com is the place for all the naughty stuff you can't get away with on this forum...
Old 05-03-2009, 04:30 PM   #234
Skald

Drives: 1
From a design standpoint, the corners are going to be the weakest link and need to be reinforced. Whatever stress is on the front lip will be transferred to the corners. The plastic looks very thin and should be thicker at the corners or have reinforcement webbing glued at the corners.
Old 05-03-2009, 04:31 PM   #235
coastal_carolina
Hung Like a Republican

Drives: 2016 Garnet 2SS Cpe
Quote:
Originally Posted by fdjizm View Post
A car being able to hold up at high speeds is normally a good sign of a car being able to age well over the years.... because its built well.

I'm sure this is the not the first this new car has been brought to 155mph....GM performance engineers have plenty of lead in their foot.

There were early reports of the 2004 GTO having rubber molding ripping off the car around 140mph.

**Previous ride: 2006 Spice Red Metallic A4 GTO
High end vs low end radar detectors
RadarBusters.com
GuysOfLidar.com
RadarDetector.net
Mine: v3.826 V1 (2006)
**2016 SS police stealth
**2015 BMW M4 vs 2016 SS Camaro MT Head 2 Head
**Fav cars: Vettes [C2,C3,C7], SS Camaros [1st Gen,02,6th Gen], M6 BMW, Aston DBS
**Coastal_Carolina over @ LS2GTO.com
SpiceyGTO over @ CorvetteForum.com
Old 05-03-2009, 04:34 PM   #236
tsg1391

Drives: 79 formula 'bird, 5th gen soon
it doesnt look like the actual plastic bumper is cracked, rather the paint on top of the bumper cracked. maybe too much hardener? i dont know, im not an expert in paint.

Its legit, you just need to fill out a bunch of boring surveys.
Old 05-03-2009, 04:34 PM   #237
maxdmax

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Can we see a pic of the whole front of the car?
+ 1 on this, I would like to see this too!
Old 05-03-2009, 04:35 PM   #238
fdjizm
Account Suspended

Drives: 2008 Mustang GT/CS
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddiyo View Post

i agree it seems whatever goes wrong here it's quickly brushed over as a non-issue, but they already made a big deal about the prius messing up with the throttle getting stuck or something... why so quick to poke at other cars? the kool-aid needs to relax you guys are customers you have a right to voice your opinion dont yet your love for the car overwhelm your common sense and the fact that you are paying thousands for a quality product, you owe it to yourselves to voice your opinion spening 30k plus says so. seriously just like all the rest IT IS AN ISSUE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsg1391 View Post
it doesnt look like the actual plastic bumper is cracked, rather the paint on top of the bumper cracked. maybe too much hardener? i dont know, im not an expert in paint.
the plastic cracked all the way through thats bumper foam you are looking at.

Closed Thread