Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-14-2015, 01:33 PM   #1
camarozzzz

Drives: Blue
Power train warranty expires

So my power train warranty expires this Friday. ..is there anything I should get checked under it before it ends? Any tips or suggestions on what to check? I have noticed that lately the gears do shift a bit rough and don't hold as well as they originally did. Sometimes when going down hills the gears do hold rather high and upon hard acceleration when the car bits 3krpm the gears shift rather hard. I have a automatic v6 2011.
camarozzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 05:34 PM   #2
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
Get a fluid and filter change or even better a flush with your cars age. That should help the tranny.
Old 10-14-2015, 05:51 PM   #3
kmarshall2121

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by christianchevell View Post
Get a fluid and filter change or even better a flush with your cars age. That should help the tranny.

thats not a warranty covered repair....
kmarshall2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 05:51 PM   #4
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
report it to the dealer befor it expires.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 05:57 PM   #5
Rahjeir

Drives: 2014 1LT w/RS Summit White
5year/100k - You should've already flushed the transmission fluid at least once during that period. If you feel something not right, you should've already took it to the dealer. Waiting till the last minute if you think something is not right is crazy.

You drive the car everyday, you would know better then anyone here if your car is tip top or not.
Rahjeir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 07:01 PM   #6
camarozzzz

Drives: Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahjeir View Post
5year/100k - You should've already flushed the transmission fluid at least once during that period. If you feel something not right, you should've already took it to the dealer. Waiting till the last minute if you think something is not right is crazy.

You drive the car everyday, you would know better then anyone here if your car is tip top or not.
Wasn't waiting to the last minute. The problem only started to develop in the last three or so weeks. I have 54 XXX miles right now. I am going to go report it tomorrow. I am just curious as to what the "limited power train warranty" actually covers.
camarozzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 07:34 PM   #7
SteelCamaro

Drives: 2012 2SS LS3
Time to go crazy. :P Mine expired this summer, and I think next summer is the year I step things up a notch. Headers, tune, maybe a cam. Getting ready for that FI.
SteelCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 09:18 PM   #8
Rahjeir

Drives: 2014 1LT w/RS Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarozzzz View Post
Wasn't waiting to the last minute. The problem only started to develop in the last three or so weeks. I have 54 XXX miles right now. I am going to go report it tomorrow. I am just curious as to what the "limited power train warranty" actually covers.
http://www.chevrolet.com/owners/warranty.html will tell you all you need to know about coverage.
Rahjeir is offline   Reply With Quote