Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-22-2012, 06:49 AM   #15
Blk-Ice
750HP of Twisted Reaper!

Drives: Blk 2SS/Blk Carb Fibr NS-1 stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikester0612 View Post
I really don't race the car and don't plan on it. Mostly just for show and sound. Will it really handle that much better? Im iffy on them because I have a feeling that im going to start scraping everything!
And you will! I have LT Headers and i'm not lowered and my headers scrap those Monster sized Speed bumps (only let it happen once). Unless you plane on racing on a road course, i really see no need for it. I got the lowered look by adding a Razzi body kit. Good luck on whatever you decide to do.

PS: The scoop is definately a good choice....not much cutting required. As someone else said, don't forget to get the Washer Bottle relocation kit.
Old 12-22-2012, 07:03 AM   #16
Southern Comfort
No Tags/Habitual Violator

Drives: 2012 SIM 2SS/RS & z71
Did the 22"s raise the car from stock? If so, then dropping it an inch wont be so bad.
Coil overs are more expensive, but they allow you to set the height you want.
Southern Comfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 09:43 AM   #17
mikester0612
Camaro 5 Muscle

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmm1412 View Post
I'd do a scoop. Isn't really a big deal to install. A few good install threads for it exist. I used tin snips to cut the plastic, instead of a Dremel or cutting tool, and it was an easy and clean install. Cheapest HP per dollar mod you can do at this point.

I'd also recommend a Vmax ported throttle body. Not much HP gain, if any, but fabulous throttle response. Big difference over stock. Simple bolt-on mod that can be done in minutes.

JMHO...but whatever you decide to do, keep enjoying that ride!
I was thinking about that ported throttle body. Should I order a new throttle body and send in mine?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blk-Ice View Post
And you will! I have LT Headers and i'm not lowered and my headers scrap those Monster sized Speed bumps (only let it happen once). Unless you plane on racing on a road course, i really see no need for it. I got the lowered look by adding a Razzi body kit. Good luck on whatever you decide to do.

PS: The scoop is definately a good choice....not much cutting required. As someone else said, don't forget to get the Washer Bottle relocation kit.
Same here. My headers scrape a little sometimes since they are lower. Might think about the scoop since you guys are saying its not that bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Comfort View Post
Did the 22"s raise the car from stock? If so, then dropping it an inch wont be so bad.
Coil overs are more expensive, but they allow you to set the height you want.
It's about the same because I increased the rim size and decreased the tire size so it's pretty much the same.
TSW Donington 22" Matte Black / Corsa Cat-Back Exhaust / Kooks Signature Stepped Headers 1 3/4" - 1 7/8" / High Flow Cats / Custom Tune / CAI Cold Air Intake / BMR 1" Lowering Springs / VMax Ported Throttle Body / Heritage Grill / Havoc Rear Diffuser
mikester0612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 10:22 AM   #18
kmm1412
The Bolt-On Beast

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS IBM w/CGM Stripes
[QUOTE=mikester0612;5946078]I was thinking about that ported throttle body. Should I order a new throttle body and send in mine?

I ordered mine from Jannetty with an additional core charge that was refunded promptly when I returned my original throttle body after installing the ported one they sent. Tracy from RX (SC2150 on the forum here) manufactures the the Vmax ones and sells them direct also. You can keep your original one if you like, but you will pay a few hundred dollars more for the mod, and to have a spare throttle body in your possession.
MODS - 1LE Track Pack Suspension Upgrade|Kooks Custom Stepped Headers & HFCs|Cold Air Inductions Black CAI|ADM Performance Scoop|Vmax IBM CNC Ported Throttle Body|Rx Extreme IBM Catch Can & Breather|Borla S-Type Catback Exhaust w/Solo J-pipes|IBM Heritage Grill|LG ZL1 10 Spoke Replica Wheels w/Goodyear Supercar G2 Tires|Z/TA Rear Spoiler|463RWHP/459RWTQ Tune by Dale Cherry

kmm1412 is offline   Reply With Quote