Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 02-20-2013, 05:41 AM   #15
2011 RJT

Drives: 2011 RJT/RS
thanks, but I'm still confused. In your last few posts you write "We can turn " or "We've also added an Import/Export function " etc. So it sounds like YOU do it. Confusing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNRacing View Post
No I do not. The only person the writes the tunes is Vince at trifecta. The only person that has access to look at your logs is Vince at trifecta. I make suggestions on what features they need to add and stuff sometimes based on what I see the community asking for. I do the same thing with several other vendors like Forge Motorsports, etc. I try to be the guy that takes what I see you guys asking for and make it happen.
2011 RJT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 05:49 AM   #16
KalCorp
Space Coast Camaros

Drives: 2012 Camaro Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 RJT View Post
thanks, but I'm still confused. I your last few posts you write "We can turn " or "We've also added an Import/Export function " etc. So it sounds like YOU do it. Confusing.
What's your point? Stop trolling!! Who cases if he puts we or they.
KalCorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 05:52 AM   #17
2011 RJT

Not trolling dude. He acts like hes bringing the community this update and does this and that. If you have ez flash already,just go to Vinces site on WOT and just subscribe to the ez flash updates. You will be notified every time theres an update. I have a Trifecta tune. I sent logs to BNR a year ago and wondered why it was taking so long. Went straight to Vince and found out the rest. Well it was taking a while so I called emailed Vince to see what was up and he told me not to believe people,only HE can write the tunes and read the datalogs. I thought BNR was doing it as well as most here. Turns out he wasn't and wanted everyone to think he was. I'm not sticking up for anyone here,just calling it like I see it.

Don't like it when people refer to doing things or suggesting they do things when its not true. He makes it sound like hes doing the community these things when he's not. Vince is by his own addmission. So why would someone deceive the community? He wants people to believe hes doing more than he is...sales maybe? I don't know. Vendors here that say they can do things and can't get called out on here all the time. Why is he off limits?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalCorp View Post
What's your point? Stop trolling!! Who cases if he puts we or they.

Last edited by 2011 RJT; 02-20-2013 at 06:22 AM.
Old 02-20-2013, 06:23 AM   #18
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
ANYWAY....

I have a question about being able to turn the CEL off if you get headers later. I think this was covered, but I'm going to ask anyway...I always thought if you got headers, your performance increased X amount. With a tune, it increases a little further. From the sound of it, Trifecta is just turning of a light, with no added tuning to make the headers "work" better with the car. is this the right assumption? That the performance you get with headers, will be just as good with or without trifecta?
Old 02-20-2013, 06:26 AM   #19
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Not trolling dude. He acts like hes bringing the community this update and does this and that. If you have ez flash already,just go to Vinces site on WOT and just subscribe to the ez flash updates. You will be notified every time theres an update. I have a Trifecta tune. I sent logs to BNR a year ago and wondered why it was taking so long. Went straight to Vince and found out the rest. Well it was taking a while so I called emailed Vince to see what was up and he told me not to believe people,only HE can write the tunes and read the datalogs. I thought BNR was doing it as well as most here. Turns out he wasn't and wanted everyone to think he was. I'm not sticking up for anyone here,just calling it like I see it.

Don't like it when people refer to doing things or suggesting they do things when its not true. He makes it sound like hes doing the community these things when he's not. Vince is by his own addmission. So why would someone deceive the community? He wants people to believe hes doing more than he is...sales maybe? I don't know. Vendors here that say they can do things and can't get called out on here all the time. Why is he off limits?
But Vince never posts here; BNR does. Getting some email that tells you there is an update doesn't communicate as much information as a post like the OP.
Old 02-20-2013, 06:30 AM   #20
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
But Vince never posts here; BNR does. Getting some email that tells you there is an update doesn't communicate as much information as a post like the OP.
it's probably like me, when I talk about my Miami Dolphins. We suck.
Old 02-20-2013, 06:50 AM   #21
BNRacing

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE, 2019 Camaro 2.0
I talk to Vince just about every day and help him come up with new ideas for ezflash and new features for tuning. I don't think I've tried to deceive anyone here. Any time anyone has ever asked me "if i buy a tune from you who will be doing the tuning", I've always answered that the only person that does trifecta tunes is Vince at trifecta. I test things out with him way before they go public. No one is hiding the facts of how trifecta works.

They aren't on here, I am. They sell the tune for $400 and the cable for $200. I sell the tune for $300 and the cable for $150. If you get it during a sale, I sell it for $300 total for everything.

As for getting an email when ezflash is updated, you'll get those all the time. It's updated at least once a week.

Last edited by BNRacing; 02-20-2013 at 07:12 AM.
BNRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:15 AM   #22
2011 RJT

My point was the "WE" thing. I tested the GC feature a long time ago,I don't say we. Just saying. Vince was banned here for whatever reason a long time ago. Almost everyone knows that,if they don't , they do now. He doesn't have to post here,everyone else kindsa takes care of that for him. not that its a bad thing,but why waste the $ when you don't have to. Yes the emails come as soon as its updated. Just letting people know there is another way to get the updates. The update usually has a changelog or you could just read it from Vince himself on WOT on whats new or changed. And ask him yourself and get a response. I agree its a good thing to carry the info forward, but not the whole "WE" thing when its not we,its just one person.

Don't want to fight with anyone. Said my peace.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:34 AM   #23
its a syn
B.O.D. 02/16/10

Drives: 2010 SGM Sp. Edition 2017 RS Conver
BNRacing helped this newb about a year ago when I bought mine. Didn't have a clue what I was doing and didn't know there was a small glitch in the system. Called them up and they talked me through it. Has been doing great ever since,especially the trans tune! Great product from Trifecta and very helpful guys at BNRacing.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:35 AM   #24
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
My point was the "WE" thing. I tested the GC feature a long time ago,I don't say we. Just saying. Vince was banned here for whatever reason a long time ago. Almost everyone knows that,if they don't , they do now. He doesn't have to post here,everyone else kindsa takes care of that for him. not that its a bad thing,but why waste the $ when you don't have to. Yes the emails come as soon as its updated. Just letting people know there is another way to get the updates. The update usually has a changelog or you could just read it from Vince himself on WOT on whats new or changed. And ask him yourself and get a response. I agree its a good thing to carry the info forward, but not the whole "WE" thing when its not we,its just one person.

Vince didn't get banned. He refused to buy a sponsorship.

There was some confusion at first about the BNR role, but that was cleared up pretty quickly. Guess you missed that when BNR first bought their sponsorship. For most of us that's old news and we wonder why you keep jacking this thread with that bit of trivia.

Before BNR came along, we could only communicate with Vince via email. That wasn't always fruitful. WOT came along and things were a bit better, but not much concern was given to what features the customers wanted (yes, I'm well aware of the ghost cam). Then BNR came along. I didn't buy my tune/cable from them, but on several occasions they helped me when Vince wouldn't respond to emails and phone calls. Lately we've seen BNR actively participate in these forums and some new features that customers want are making it in the product. I don't know for sure that BNR made that happen, but it seems like more than coincident that we are seeing these new features at the same time BNR's participation in these forums has increased. I know there are other drivers behind the scene (i.e., competition), but I think some credit should go to BNR. We all get the "we" he's talking about.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:38 AM   #25
Blade

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS BVM
Send a message via AIM to Blade
Quote:

I am from Philly and an Eagles fan.......you mean to tell me you didn't say "We are effing terrible this year."?

2012 2SS/RS Build Thread - Totaled by red light runner

2010 LT/RS Build Thread - Traded in for 2012 2SS

2007 Acura TSX

1992 Oldsmobile Achieva V6

1992 Mercury Sable
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:39 AM   #26
Blade

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS BVM
Send a message via AIM to Blade
Quote:
Originally Posted by BNRacing View Post
I talk to Vince just about every day and help him come up with new ideas for ezflash and new features for tuning. I don't think I've tried to deceive anyone here. Any time anyone has ever asked me "if i buy a tune from you who will be doing the tuning", I've always answered that the only person that does trifecta tunes is Vince at trifecta. I test things out with him way before they go public. No one is hiding the facts of how trifecta works.

They aren't on here, I am. They sell the tune for $400 and the cable for $200. I sell the tune for $300 and the cable for $150. If you get it during a sale, I sell it for $300 total for everything.

As for getting an email when ezflash is updated, you'll get those all the time. It's updated at least once a week.
I wouldn't worry about explaining what you are doing here man, we all appreciate the updates you provide. I am definitely looking forward to this update.

2012 2SS/RS Build Thread - Totaled by red light runner

2010 LT/RS Build Thread - Traded in for 2012 2SS

2007 Acura TSX

1992 Oldsmobile Achieva V6

1992 Mercury Sable
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:43 AM   #27
2011 RJT

Ok, I was wrong, Vince didn't buy a sponsorship. Again,my fault for believing heresay. Yes BNR has made it better for people,not denying that. Credit goes where its deserved. I just thought it was a bit misleading with the WE thing. Thats all. Never said he didn't contribute or help people out. but thats my point,thats what people read into it. Just like I read into the WE thing with my interpretation. I guess I'm lucky in the fact that I've only waiting a few days for a response from Vince when I contacted him directly. But that was because I sent an email or pm to him on a Saturday,forgetting Sunday and Monday he's closed. Most of the time I get a response within 24 hours. I see thats not the case with most people.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:44 AM   #28
2011 RJT

Never was an Eagles fan. Probably no better,but I'm a Rams fan since the mid 70's!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
I am from Philly and an Eagles fan.......you mean to tell me you didn't say "We are effing terrible this year."? .