Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 06-25-2012, 08:33 AM   #1
KIZE
www.gkiser.com

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS, Auto, Summit White. R
Radio Faceplate condensation

Anyone seen condensation like this inside their radio faceplate? If so, how did you fix it?

I had my heater core replaced under warranty about 6 weeks ago and since the dash had to be removed, so did the radio faceplate.

Well, being Florida in May, the humidity what it is, the radio got moisture which now condenses on the faceplate. It will go away in a few minutes as the radio warms up but in the meantime it is extremely annoying to look at.

The dealer replaced the faceplate but that didn't help (of course). Now they're offering to replace the radio with a refurb but, again, the installation requires removal of the faceplate. More condensation!! They're being very helpful but they tell me they've never seen this issue and they're not sure how to fix the problem as they can't get new 'factory sealed' radios from GM.

Help!?!
Attached Images

Roto-fab CAI, GMPP exhaust with tips, Pistol Grip shifter with paddle switches, 'Chevrolet' aluminum kick plates, Aluminum Bow Ties, ClearBra front bumper/facia + side views + gills + behind door handles. SS floormats. www.gkiser.com
KIZE www.gkiser.com
KIZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 11:49 AM   #2
AFCMSGTRET
TCC SWFL Chapter

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS LS3 Black/IO Vert
I am a little further south than you and I've had my car for six months. Just recently, with the warmer weather, I have been experiencing the same problem when I have the temperature control turned all the way to the left. If I turn it a notch to the right the condensation disappears. I have not taken it to the dealer yet for this. Hopefully someone will post a fix.
AFCMSGTRET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 11:56 AM   #3
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by KIZE View Post
Anyone seen condensation like this inside their radio faceplate? If so, how did you fix it?

I had my heater core replaced under warranty about 6 weeks ago and since the dash had to be removed, so did the radio faceplate.

Well, being Florida in May, the humidity what it is, the radio got moisture which now condenses on the faceplate. It will go away in a few minutes as the radio warms up but in the meantime it is extremely annoying to look at.

The dealer replaced the faceplate but that didn't help (of course). Now they're offering to replace the radio with a refurb but, again, the installation requires removal of the faceplate. More condensation!! They're being very helpful but they tell me they've never seen this issue and they're not sure how to fix the problem as they can't get new 'factory sealed' radios from GM.

Help!?!
I am sorry for any inconvenience that you may be experiencing with this issue. I would suggest having them correct the issue with their given diagnosis. If there are any recurring issues after this, then please contact me with further information and I will be able to research this issue.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 06-26-2012, 11:18 AM   #4
KIZE
www.gkiser.com

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS, Auto, Summit White. R
Actually, if you could research it Brandon that would be great. The local svc dept tried switching faceplates and that didn't do anything. Now they're stymied.

Roto-fab CAI, GMPP exhaust with tips, Pistol Grip shifter with paddle switches, 'Chevrolet' aluminum kick plates, Aluminum Bow Ties, ClearBra front bumper/facia + side views + gills + behind door handles. SS floormats. www.gkiser.com
KIZE www.gkiser.com
KIZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 11:51 AM   #5
Moorepheus

Drives: 2013 Dodge Charge R/T Plus AWD
When my heater core went, I made sure I showed them my radio, which looked like yours. The entire cover contains the buttons for the radio, the climate controls, etc. They replaced mine when they did my heater core. If you are getting condensation after replacement, sounds like you still have water in there somewhere or the repair was not done right.
Moorepheus is offline   Reply With Quote