Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-16-2013, 10:15 PM   #155
Ls32013

Drives: 13 ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuSe4 View Post
Not sure how it is a gimmick. Sounds like someone that is either jealous or has no idea What the hell they are talking about.

Anyways, back on topic. I am guessing that you haven't seen many, OP, because the option has only been available for a year and it is only available on manual cars.
BTW, I ordered mine with it because I got to hear one before I ordered it and it is awesome. Sounds aaggresive at idle, no drone on the highway, then opens back up when you get on it. Also has some nice pops on downshifts. I love it!
Couldn't have said it better. Quad tips are a nice touch too
Ls32013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 06:46 AM   #156
the_fast_one

Drives: 2017 red hot zl1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevew View Post
I think the dual mode exhaust would make more sense if you could manually control it.
You can control it. suncoast creations and others make a remote box that allow you open and close it with a push of a button. I had it on my corvette and it was a nice touch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fz4k98 View Post
I am curious about a cutaway view. My understanding is the NPP flapper side is straight through pipe and when closed the airflow is through the perforations like shown above to use the muffler for quiet operation.

A lot of people on the corvette side have a shop cut it open and either exhaust clamp the pipe or weld a solid piece around it to make it a true straight through pipe. then repack it and weld it back up and you have a mean sounding car. I had the muffler mod done on my z06 exhaust and with lg headers it was loud when open but when closed it was not much louder than stock. Made cruising on the highway that much better.

I wish it was not so expensive to buy used systems because you can get used corvette z06/npp for a few hundred bucks but if you can find camaro one its like 700 used or 1300 new
the_fast_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 12:27 PM   #157
Camss57

Drives: 2008 G8 GT
I'm sure it has to add a few HP. One would think the switch to electric power steering freed up some HP as well, but it cost money to recertify it. Not horsepower related, but I am sure I read that an emblem change on the steering wheel would require new airbag/crash testing.
Camss57 is offline   Reply With Quote