Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 10-01-2011, 03:19 AM   #1
William.23

Drives: 2011 Summit White.
Best intake for a v6 LS?

Just wondering what the best intake is for the LS is, best HP gains / sound i guess :P
I heard vararam so far is amazing (:
But anyone disagree?
William.23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 10:53 AM   #2
Phendy

Drives: 2010 1lt
I love my vararam
Old 10-01-2011, 11:00 AM   #3
DJ ATOMIX
<< CRAZY BEE >>

Drives: 400HP 2LT/RS
If your going dry air filter than my vote is Roto-fab. I researched the heck outa every single CAI out there and Roto-fab fitted the bill plus you can further upgrade it to the ADM scoop if you want a little more HP yet.

Shaun

CRAZY BEE - IOM 2LT/RS (more)
Cosmetic Mods - 24 | Performance Mods - 14
ROTO-FAB CAI - DT HEADERS - CUSTOM 3-INCH PIPE EXHAUST - RES DEL - R-CATS DEL - MAGNAFLOW RES X-PIPE - 91 OCTANE TUNE - FULL ADM KIT - PORTED IM - PORTED TB - PORTED CH - BLACK 3/8 ISOLATOR - TRIFECTA TUNED
DJ ATOMIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 01:21 PM   #4
HopeRidesAlone

Drives: 2010 Camaro Black 2SS/RS
I think most people are going to suggest what they have as will i. I love my injen as will everyone who has one will agree

2010 Black 2SS/RS - Stainless powers 1 7/8 LT headers, cold air inductions cai, Tuned by dynosteve, Feesler side skirt, Feesler Spoiler, Feesler carbon fiber bowties, H&R Lowering Springs.
HopeRidesAlone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 07:58 PM   #5
Silverlsinva

Drives: 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth Grigio
i just put on the Vararam intake and i love it! big difference once its driven for awhile and the car learns the new intake. Only thing is i didnt like the install cutting of brackets and stuff.
Silverlsinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 05:35 PM   #6
Shuffler
God Bless Dawson

Drives: Synergy for my Daughter
We love our Vararam!
Old 10-03-2011, 05:37 PM   #7
SpeedFreak5
Detroit Muscle

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
I installed the Injen CAI. Looks and sounds great. I did notice a HP gain using the butt dyno. See my garage.

2LT/RS A6, Rally Yellow, CGM Stripes, Sun Roof, Injen CAI, Aero Turbine Exhaust, Trifecta Tune
SpeedFreak5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 05:43 PM   #8
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
injen ftw!
Old 10-03-2011, 07:17 PM   #9
zombi

Drives: 2011 Black 6 Speed
Love my Ingen!
Old 10-03-2011, 07:21 PM   #10
spyderbuddy

Drives: 2010 RS Inferno Orange Metallic
VARARAM FTW
PCP Hideaway Headlight Covers, BBK Headers & High Flow Cats, ZL1 Add-ons Wicker Bill, TL1/ZL1 Hood Insert, Gen5 DIY Frameless Mirror, ABL Dash Lighting an My link Navigation, Blacked out Rear Bowtie, all Sylvania led Turn Signals, Ceramic Window Tint By Nicks, MBRP Exhaust tips, GEN5 DIY Virginia Legal DRL Harness, Painted Brake Calipers, Vittesse Throttle Controller, Heritage Grill, Diode Dynamics Led Lighting, Manual Shifter Boot, Paddle Shifters, CNC Throttle Body, Trifecta Tune, RX Catch Can & Breather, Trunk Black out and Side Grills, Chevorlet door Sills.
spyderbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 07:32 PM   #11
ThatGuy25

Drives: 2011 V6 Camaro Ls
K and N cold air intake, the typhoon, 13 hp increase, and sounds amzaing in 3rd gear when you accelerate. got it for 260 on amazon
ThatGuy25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 12:40 AM   #12
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
CAI, it's the most expensive. LOL
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 08:51 AM   #13
Roto-fab 1

Drives: 16 Camaro SS w/ Roto-fab CAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ ATOMIX View Post
If your going dry air filter than my vote is Roto-fab. I researched the heck outa every single CAI out there and Roto-fab fitted the bill plus you can further upgrade it to the ADM scoop if you want a little more HP yet.

Shaun
Thanks for the vote of confidence! Our intake has become popular with the V6 crowd because of performance, sound, appearance and the large variety of options we offer. It is a great intake for those that want a reliable system that will perform well and easy to install with absolutely no modifications to your vehicle.
Our system does come standard with a durable high gloss black powder coat finish that looks great and protects the air box from oxidation. You can upgrade from there with other powder color options or choose an automotive paint finish in any color you like.
Our system comes standard with an oil type filter, but you can go with our dry filter if you prefer. Either filter is a quality USA filter designed to last for the lifetime of your car. (periodic filter maintenence required)
We offer a carbon fiber finish inlet elbow for those that want a little extra bling under the hood. We even offer the MAF sensor housing with the carbon fiber finish if you want it to match the elbow.
The hose couplers are high quality, high gloss black silicone. Unlike cheaper rubber couplers, the silicone will not dry rot in a few years. If you prefer, we have optional red or yellow couplers to brighten up your engine bay.
Here is a link to more information and a dyno sheet.

http://roto-fab.com/Camaro_V6.html

Please contact us if you have any questions.

Roto-fab 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 02:14 PM   #14
Sales @ CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
Here is a little more information about CAI Inc:

Cold Air Inductions, Inc. intake systems benefits:

: Tig welded aluminum air box (high luster finish reflects radiant heat)

: Insulated air box (this adding another layer of thermal (convection) protection)

: Aluminum lid with stainless steel ¼ turn fasteners (fast filter removal)

: Viewing window for fast easy filter inspection.

: High Luster ceramic coated intake tube (coated inside and out, yet another layer of thermal protection)

: Smooth bore (88.9 mm) intake tube construction (this minimizes bends and restrictions within the system)

: 8” V-stack air filter with built in velocity stack (helps reduce turbulence for truer MAF reading)

: 8 layer air filter (maximizing filtration for prolonged engine life

: LIFETIME WARRANTY

We have sold thousands of intakes, have thousands of happy customers, and incorporate design features that make our system a true Cold Air Intake. We see great #’s on the Dyno as well as the track, and can keep our intake temps within 2 degrees of ambient air due to our design features.

Check out these links as well:

Testimonials Video - http://www.coldairinductions.com/testimonials
3D Filter Video - http://www.coldairinductions.com/air-filters/filters-in-action/

Let me know if you have any questions, I would be happy to help!!
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote