Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 05-03-2013, 10:32 AM   #43
Jim968

Drives: 2018 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSRS1LE View Post
He meant backing up an incline in Reverse. HSA does activate in that situation. Changing the angle of the sensor would make your HSA activate while in Reverse, even on a flat surface.
Exactly.
Jim968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 07:20 PM   #44
ORANGE CRUSSH
ORANGE CRUSSH

Drives: 2SS 1LE
I know this has been beat to death so excuse the rant. If GM wanted to put that feature is place which is arguably a good feature, they should have given the option of disabling it for without having to effect any other system. If a GM employee or moderator is following this thread, please pass this email on. - Thanks!
Old 05-03-2013, 07:43 PM   #45
LikaRokBowTie

Drives: 221SS1LE
I agree 100% that HSA is troubling,I mean come on GM,Chevrolet,people have been driving on hills for decades and stopping at the top of them as well,I think that people who chose a Camaro with a manual trans.knew what they were doing,heck I drove a Pinto as a teen and could hold on a hill with no problem,HSA caused me to stall on a slight incline that otherwise would not have been an issue for me in any other manual trans.car with no assist.I understand this was probably some stupid govt safety mandate,all the reason more the govt.should stick with what it knows which is nothing!
LikaRokBowTie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 08:09 PM   #46
cornerspeed92

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by LikaRokBowTie View Post
I agree 100% that HSA is troubling,I mean come on GM,Chevrolet,people have been driving on hills for decades and stopping at the top of them as well,I think that people who chose a Camaro with a manual trans.knew what they were doing,heck I drove a Pinto as a teen and could hold on a hill with no problem,HSA caused me to stall on a slight incline that otherwise would not have been an issue for me in any other manual trans.car with no assist.I understand this was probably some stupid govt safety mandate,all the reason more the govt.should stick with what it knows which is nothing!
Couldn't agree more!!!
cornerspeed92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 08:47 PM   #47
Milkdudd

Drives: Saturn XR V6
GM had better figure out that this is a BIG deal that will cost them future sales. Dodge, I think (or Ford, cant remember for sure) has this feature but the driver can turn it off. Make it user selectable or get rid of it. With future Camaro sales already in trouble (maybe) due to styling changes, they don't need this unnecessary "feature" to further alienate buyers. GM ignore your core customers at your peril.
Milkdudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 08:52 PM   #48
Milkdudd

Drives: Saturn XR V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by LikaRokBowTie View Post
govt.should stick with what it knows which is nothing!
Disagree. They have mastered taxes, spending, patronage, etc. This is aimed at all party affiliations!
Milkdudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 09:45 PM   #49
racerx1214

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
This is borderline dangerous.

I was on many hills today, if you wait for it to turn off you risk rolling back into another car, and if you power through it enough to make sure you don't stall, it beats the piss out of the car to do it. Maybe it's time to see if brandon can check into getting something going.
racerx1214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 01:25 AM   #50
djnice

Drives: 13 ZL1 SIM, 99 Z28 Black
I think it works great. It holds the brakes on just like you would do in an older car with the hand brake and releases after 2 secs. Helps reduce clutch wear. I do think it comes on too easy and is only needed for steeper slopes. I guess it could release a little faster and would be better.
Old 05-04-2013, 07:37 AM   #51
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerx1214 View Post
This is borderline dangerous.

I was on many hills today, if you wait for it to turn off you risk rolling back into another car, and if you power through it enough to make sure you don't stall, it beats the piss out of the car to do it. Maybe it's time to see if brandon can check into getting something going.
racerx1214,

We definitely appreciate and highly value your and everyone else's feedback regarding Hill Start Assist. I will make a note of these concerns and relay this information to the right source. As always, if you are experiencing a vehicle issue, don't hesitate to let us know.

Thanks so much,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 05-04-2013, 10:36 AM   #52
Jim968

Drives: 2018 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milkdudd View Post
GM had better figure out that this is a BIG deal that will cost them future sales.
Strongly agree. I love my Camaro, but hate the HSA. I will not buy another GM vehicle so equipped.
Jim968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 12:51 PM   #53
MPHS_AGM

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS/1LE AGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
racerx1214,

We definitely appreciate and highly value your and everyone else's feedback regarding Hill Start Assist. I will make a note of these concerns and relay this information to the right source. As always, if you are experiencing a vehicle issue, don't hesitate to let us know.

Thanks so much,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Thanks for doing this. I think what would make everyone happy is to have the option to disable this feature. This system seems to add undue wear to the clutch as it is slipping while waiting for the brakes to release. Using the hand brake to hold position is just as effective and I can control it.
Someone has posted a picture of a Ram truck that had the disable option as part of the vehicle options. It would seem to me that a fairly simple software update would allow for this feature to be disabled. For those without the MyLink system, it may not be as easy. Just my $0.02!
2002 Z28 Navy Blue A4 [traded]
1996 Camaro V6 Black [traded]
MPHS_AGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 04:07 PM   #54
fgg60
Sweet Annie!! BRM

Drives: '13 2SS/RS 1LE BRM NPP CF5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick S View Post
It will also engage when facing down hill so now you would increase the activity of this feature when facing down hill. I know that it activated facing down hill because it did it to me in my driveway.

Yup .... confirmed. mine does the samething
Old 05-04-2013, 05:39 PM   #55
Brandonmos

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
i dont understand the down hill activation... WHY?? I thought i had gone nuts trying to figure out why the car wasn't moving this morning down a slope i parked at the top of
Old 05-04-2013, 09:20 PM   #56
MarkSS

Drives: 2014 Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkSS View Post
If you disable the whole thing... meaning hold the button down (once) for more than 8 seconds, it shuts off the HSA. If you simply put it into competition mode (two button presses), it does not shut it off. I am now shutting it all off every time I start my car.
Sorry guys, this did work once... but it must not have been a steep enough hill, because I tried it again today and it was a FAIL. Hopefully a fix will be developed soon.
MarkSS is offline   Reply With Quote