Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 04-20-2012, 04:03 PM   #1
ZL1Dave

Drives: 2012 ZL-1 #1442
The dreaded grey stripe question Can anybody help?

As has been the rumor(fact) on the forum lately about the black hood inserts now being constrained. I got a call from my dealer today telling me I can't get my black hood or black stripe my car is ordered with and now I have to get the ECF hood. I have to give a firm answer by Monday at the latest on what to do. I was really liking the black stripe but now my only option is the grey stripe to go with the ECF. Has anyone seen what the revised grey stripe will look like yet or anybody have a car thats been delievered with it? I'm trying to decide if I should should just get ECF only and leave the roof plain. Does the grey stripe look good? I also have the black wheels ordered and the car is victory red btw
ZL1Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 04:12 PM   #2
kush396

Drives: chevy
Either way u will be happy , but if u are not happy lots of us were forced to get the painted hood insert we didn't want , so if u are looking for trades there are plenty of us out there and then u can get the black stripe after u get the car and have the dealer install it ,,,,,u will be very happy with this car
kush396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 04:18 PM   #3
ZL WON

Drives: too many to list
My car with the revised gray stripe will be in my hands by Monday or Tuesday.
I'll post a picture when I get it.
ZL WON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 04:24 PM   #4
IROC U

Drives: 1986 Camaro IROC-Z; 2012 Camaro ZL1
Mine has been 80 miles away at the rail yard since tuesday. It should be delivered next week.
IROC U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 04:28 PM   #5
vetehead

Drives: 2011 SIM 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL1Dave View Post
As has been the rumor(fact) on the forum lately about the black hood inserts now being constrained. I got a call from my dealer today telling me I can't get my black hood or black stripe my car is ordered with and now I have to get the ECF hood. I have to give a firm answer by Monday at the latest on what to do. I was really liking the black stripe but now my only option is the grey stripe to go with the ECF. Has anyone seen what the revised grey stripe will look like yet or anybody have a car thats been delievered with it? I'm trying to decide if I should should just get ECF only and leave the roof plain. Does the grey stripe look good? I also have the black wheels ordered and the car is victory red btw
If it were me I would get the ecf hood and have the stripes painted gloss black the same as the decal on the roof and trunck.IMHO I think the OEM decal stripes are a waste of 470 dollars, put the money toward painted stripes you will be much happier in the end!

Last edited by vetehead; 04-20-2012 at 05:39 PM.
vetehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 04:42 PM   #6
hognutz

Drives: 2013 ZL1
MY .02 is order without and add them if you like them. they are a vinyl stripe that can be added at any time.

I am sure most of the poeople who ordered it and have had to wait the extra weeks wish they had the car and went somewhere to add the stripe.

there are pictures of the old version on this forum and it was not my cup of tea. the stripe was lighter than the insert.
2013 ZL1 -sold
2007 Z06- sold
2014 Chrysler 300
2011 Duramax 8" lift, deleted tuned
hognutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 04:53 PM   #7
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL WON View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IROC U View Post
Mine has been 80 miles away at the rail yard since tuesday. It should be delivered next week.
There have been no pics posted of a producton Gray stripe yet...

Can't wait to see both of your cars ASAP...
Old 04-20-2012, 04:58 PM   #8
hypoxic

Drives: '12 ZL1 CRT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL WON View Post
Same here, gray stripes everywhere the first of the week.
hypoxic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 05:09 PM   #9
actireman

Drives: 2011 denali hd2500
Great news guys, my buddy got a red ZL1 in this week with the ECF and stripe aaaannnnddddd.............. they redid the stripe, it is alot darker, I mean alot!!! It looks great and you will be very happy. I think there will be no complaints. Well that was a dumb statement, theres always cry babies on here. LOL
But anyways, it does look really good, it is very dark, almost black, I think that it was the hold up on this last batch. I already had my car so I wasn't pulling favors to find out this last delay like I did with the first long one.
actireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 05:14 PM   #10
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by actireman View Post
Great news guys, my buddy got a red ZL1 in this week with the ECF and stripe aaaannnnddddd.............. they redid the stripe, it is alot darker, I mean alot!!! It looks great and you will be very happy. I think there will be no complaints. Well that was a dumb statement, theres always cry babies on here. LOL
But anyways, it does look really good, it is very dark, almost black, I think that it was the hold up on this last batch. I already had my car so I wasn't pulling favors to find out this last delay like I did with the first long one.

^^^ this is what I really wanted to hear... that car show gray strip was horrible.
Old 04-20-2012, 05:18 PM   #11
actireman

Drives: 2011 denali hd2500
It is nothing like it at all. Erase it from your memory.
actireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 05:45 PM   #12
IOMZL1

Drives: 2015 Z/28 | 2017 Viper ACR Extreme
I really wish I had known this 12 hours ago before I passed on my allocation.

dougshelbyengineering.com

www.facebook.com/dougshelbyengineering

www.instagram.com/dougshelbyengineering
IOMZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 05:56 PM   #13
htron50

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Status "Thank You!"
The stripe confusion is stressful for sure! IMHO, I'd trust the new one is "right on", but I'd opt for NO STRIPE and decide later! Keep potential "edits" away from your order to insure order execution is not interrupted.

Last edited by htron50; 04-22-2012 at 12:42 PM. Reason: typo
htron50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 10:27 PM   #14
autoguy

Drives: 10 SS,11 SS Pace, 13 ZL1 IOM
I was told earlier tonight when I placed my order that I had to take the Exposed Hood Insert, but it would be at no charge. They charge you $600.00 then give a $600 credit since the standard one is not available. Good Deal, because I wanted the Cf anyhow.

Last edited by autoguy; 04-20-2012 at 10:57 PM.
autoguy is offline   Reply With Quote