Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 04-30-2012, 12:56 PM   #43
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Quote:
Originally Posted by stymie View Post
The STAGE II ZL1 upgrade is NOT a rumor; it is going to happen & your Chevy warranty will still apply. Trust me on this!
Cite you're source.
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 01:21 PM   #44
Betiwin

Drives: CTS-V Coupe and GT500
Won't happen fellas. The torque out of auto trans is close to max recommended output. There really isn't any marketing hype for an after "add on" for GM. Honestly the LSA can go higher but GM builds engines to last 150,000 miles and adding 4lbs of boost to a cast rod and piston makes no sense from a warranty standpoint. Chevy would much rather you take that risk on yourself and void your warranty. Ford does not do this either, there is no pulley package the only thing hey have ever offered from FRPP is the TVS that they overpriced and made you pay to have there tech install for a 12 month 12,000 mile warranty. Far cry from 5 years 100,000 miles.
Betiwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 01:22 PM   #45
JMAN311

Drives: 2013 F-150 Limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by closs2sx View Post
can we order the 13 with stage 2 on it already?
There is still nothing in the order guide for anything like this, so I would say no.
2013 Camaro ZL1 A6|SIM
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS|M6|CGM Exterior|Gray Int
2000 Camaro SS|M6|SLP headers|SLP center mounted quad exhaust|Magnaflow muffler|Hypertech programmed
2001 Corvette|M6|LG Motorsports Headers|Corsa Touring Cat-back|Magnaflow X Pipe|Hurst short-throw|Dyno tuned
JMAN311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 01:28 PM   #46
IcePick06

Drives: '12 AGM ZL1 (SOLD); '07 Ducati 1098
Quote:
I'm hoping that YOU as fellow members & ZL1 enthusiasts will take my "word" for it. I have nothing to gain by trolling this site & I absolutely LOVE my #61. From my source, extremely close to this project, I can assure you that this is 100% accurate. That's about all I can say at this point as I promised not to take it any further. A man's word is his worth & I promised to follow specific guidelines. You didn't think that the rivalry between CHEVY & FORD was over, did you? Be prepared to be impressed BIG TIME!
HELL YEA BRO!

And hopefully along with these engine upgrades comes some good software upgrades to recalibrate the PTM modes to take advantage of the new power. Honestly that is the one major thing that kept me in the CHEVY circle instead of running to Ford--PTM is VERY slick and Ford cannot compete in this category...all the ZL1 needs is more HP/TORQUE to compete with the shelby in a straight line since Ford definitely has a power to weight ratio advantage over Chevy at the moment.
IcePick06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 01:55 PM   #47
SVT Murrocket
Banned

Drives: SHELBY GT 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMAN311 View Post
Please elaborate

+1

I would be all over mods from GMPP that are dealer installed and maintain the factory warranty. Chevy needs to answer back to the GT500 before Ford's head gets too big.
Not sure I understand this. Ford Racing has kits out now that will take any GT500 to 750 HP and maintain warranty. You don't think they will do the same for the 2013?

In any case, I did jump all over it and you will be glad you did /if/when GMPP comes out with the kits.
SVT Murrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 02:00 PM   #48
Betiwin

Drives: CTS-V Coupe and GT500
Ford does not warranty the 750 HP whipple package.
Betiwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 02:43 PM   #49
SVT Murrocket
Banned

Drives: SHELBY GT 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betiwin View Post
Ford does not warranty the 750 HP whipple package.
Oops - I stand corrected. You are correct. It's the 105 HP increase kits with the TVS Blower that carry the factory warranty if installed by the dealer at time of purchace.

The 750 HP kits are just coverd by WHIPPLE for a specified amount of time. I belive 1 year. And then only the Supercharger is covered.
SVT Murrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 03:23 PM   #50
1st Gen Forever
ZL1 #140

Drives: Camaros: 68 SS, 10 2SS/RS, 12 ZL1
Quote:
I'm hoping that YOU as fellow members & ZL1 enthusiasts will take my "word" for it. I have nothing to gain by trolling this site & I absolutely LOVE my #61. From my source, extremely close to this project, I can assure you that this is 100% accurate. That's about all I can say at this point as I promised not to take it any further. A man's word is his worth & I promised to follow specific guidelines. You didn't think that the rivalry between CHEVY & FORD was over, did you? Be prepared to be impressed BIG TIME!
We hear ya and are definitely not accusing anyone of trolling. I for one am just excited to start taking my ZL1 #140 another step and If there's an option without voiding the warranty then that would be my preference. I just don't know how long I can wait. Working on 2 improved Heat exchanger options right now and hoping to have a healthy ZL1 for Camaro5 fest this summer! Plan to road trip there from AZ and figured that'd be a good test of the dependability of the mods.
1st Gen Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 03:50 PM   #51
tpower
DBLCHBY III

Drives: 15 1LE
I would purchase today if available
Old 04-30-2012, 07:42 PM   #52
1st Gen Forever
ZL1 #140

Drives: Camaros: 68 SS, 10 2SS/RS, 12 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpower View Post
I would purchase today if available
+1
1st Gen Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 04:56 PM   #53
actireman

Drives: 2011 denali hd2500
Quote:
The STAGE II ZL1 upgrade is NOT a rumor; it is going to happen & your Chevy warranty will still apply. Trust me on this!
Stymie, I don't like to call anybody out, but I read what you wrote and did some homework of my own. There is nothing on the radar at all for a stage 2 upgrade. I talked to the higher ups and the engine department and they all know of nothing. There is not much that happens or is going on with this car that I an not aware of or cant find the answer on. I don't want people, like myself, to get our hopes up for something that is not even in the works. For all others, I hope this helps.
actireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 05:32 PM   #54
Vette TPI

Drives: 1987 Corvette TPI
If this happens I might have to throw out a HUGE loan after college saddle up a used ZL1 or new if it be that way and get strapped to a Stage 2! LOL I wish! maybe
Old 05-02-2012, 05:40 PM   #55
Rice Killer
Cooter

Drives: my wife crazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by actireman View Post
Stymie, I don't like to call anybody out, but I read what you wrote and did some homework of my own. There is nothing on the radar at all for a stage 2 upgrade. I talked to the higher ups and the engine department and they all know of nothing. There is not much that happens or is going on with this car that I an not aware of or cant find the answer on. I don't want people, like myself, to get our hopes up for something that is not even in the works. For all others, I hope this helps.
Not to call you out because I don't think we'll be seeing any such thing either, but what connections do you have to be able to talk the higher ups and the engine dept?
#1451 - 2012 ZL1 - White, Black Wheels, Manual, Suede Package, and Exposed Hood Insert. Delivered on 6/20/12. Thanks to Jason from Symdon Motors in Evansville, WI.
Rice Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 06:18 PM   #56
JMAN311

Drives: 2013 F-150 Limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by actireman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rice Killer View Post
Not to call you out because I don't think we'll be seeing any such thing either, but what connections do you have to be able to talk the higher ups and the engine dept?
I've seen enough of actireman's past posts to know he's legit

Guess we need stymie to chime in on his "connections"
2013 Camaro ZL1 A6|SIM
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS|M6|CGM Exterior|Gray Int
2000 Camaro SS|M6|SLP headers|SLP center mounted quad exhaust|Magnaflow muffler|Hypertech programmed
2001 Corvette|M6|LG Motorsports Headers|Corsa Touring Cat-back|Magnaflow X Pipe|Hurst short-throw|Dyno tuned
JMAN311 is offline   Reply With Quote