Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-28-2015, 09:49 AM   #29
NYCamOwner
"Katy"

Drives: 2014 2LT A6 'Vert
My response to guys that dated my daughter was "I got no problem going back to prison...." You should have seen their faces.

Be courteous, mindful of their rules/desires, and treat his daughter like a lady. When I started dating my current wife, her father did not care for me, and I was driving a 340 Plymouth Duster with headers, wide tires and traction bars. I brought her home before the times they gave, and made sure I did all those things that showed respect.

I hope you don't use lol and haha's in your everyday conversation.

Possible next mods:
Throttle Body
Exhaust

Upstate C5 Member

No, that is not me in the avatar..... I just love hot girls and hot cars.... or hot girls IN hot cars....
NYCamOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 09:52 AM   #30
ChocoTaco369
145lb Powerlifter

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS LS3
My girlfriend's dad likes my car. I took him and her little sister for rides.
Old 05-28-2015, 09:52 AM   #31
sherob

Drives: 2015 SW 1SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by arkentect View Post
My girlfriends father asked why I didnt buy a V8
BAAA HAAA!

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=17325&pictureid=134228
sherob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 09:59 AM   #32
Pace
Lifestyle = Deathstyle

Drives: 11 SIM 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to Pace
Im surprised you didnt cover cars during the course of dinner. My previous girlfriends (married now) it was the first thing we covered during parent meetings, lol.

My current father in law totally doesnt get cars. I brought over my Camaro and he didnt care. He even ended up skate boarding (while playing with his youngest son) right into my rear quarter panel, using my car as a brake. Thank god his huge ring of keys didnt ricochet into the car. I was calm and looked right at my wife (girlfriend at the time) and she was more pissed so right away I knew she was a keeper!

Now we have a 3 month old daughter. I'll agree with some previous posters about having speeding talks. But the car factor would be cool to me.
Old 05-28-2015, 11:25 AM   #33
nickster127
Black 2014 Camaro 1LT RS

Drives: 2014 1LT Black,NPP, RS, Tints
I think it is all different depending on how the parent were brought up and the state to be honest... haha here around the east cost especially in NJ, my gfs parents actually love my car and are jealous of my gf being able to get in it..
however i have a friend who moved to ohio and his gfs parents are the same way with not wanting her to be with him cause of his car being so loud
Old 05-28-2015, 11:36 AM   #34
49ersXXIX
Take me back to 1994

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS SUMMIT WHITE
Quote:
Originally Posted by benji276289 View Post
I thought you were going to say it turns out her dad has a 2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat.

yeah i thought he was going to say he had a Mustang.
Old 05-28-2015, 11:48 AM   #35
TPAJETSKI

Drives: Camaro
I was a cocky teen in the 80s that drove a new Trans Am, drove like an idiot, and only worried about getting paid and laid. I was rewarded for my lack of respect and conscience by having 3 teen daughters. I cringe every time one of the girls bring home some boy. The idea of one of these horny, pimply faced, losers being inappropriate with my girls makes me want to split their head open with a gravel shovel. However, I'm waaaaaaay more concerned with their safety when they are in a car driven by some other teen. The type of car is of no concern. You can do 120 in a Toyota Corolla.
TPAJETSKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 12:09 PM   #36
Baba

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashn_G_1LE View Post
...So today I met my girlfriends dad... i didn't want him thinking I was some cocky jerk of a kid who drove a loud sports car lol...So basically I guess my concern is if I were a dad how would i feel knowing my daughter is getting in the car with some kid with a loud ass fast Camaro lol. Any of you older gentleman care to share with me haha?
I'd be turning you on to some of my blood pressure medication.

3 Pedals
Build Date: 06/27/2011

Purchased: 07/30/2011
Title Received: 08/15/2011

1984 Camaro (3rd Gen.): Traded: 1987

"Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss."
Baba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 12:12 PM   #37
Evergreen6

Drives: 2023 Camaro 1SS
The fact that you were meeting your girlfriend's parents over dinner speaks well in and of itself.

The most important thing with father-in-laws is to do what you say. If you say you plan to keep her safe, respect her, and not be hell on wheels with that car, then don't be. Respect her and keep her safe. That's the most important thing. Your girlfriend is a daughter who means everything to her parents, and you, my friend, are chopped liver until you prove otherwise!

A long time ago, my sister's boyfriend showed up at our family's house to pick her up for a date. She was a freshman in college and was home for the summer. I was sitting upstairs and I heard, "screeeeeeech" - the sound of his Jeep sliding to a stop in front of the house, with music blaring.

Dad was at home and sitting downstairs when it happened. And then he wasn't sitting anymore. There was an exchange of words outside about what would happen if this guy ever showed up like that again--ideas that were incorporated into the SAW series of horror films, many years later. Who knew!? The guy and my sister broke up shortly thereafter.
Evergreen6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 12:27 PM   #38
sherob

Drives: 2015 SW 1SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreen6 View Post
The fact that you were meeting your girlfriend's parents over dinner speaks well in and of itself.

The most important thing with father-in-laws is to do what you say. If you say you plan to keep her safe, respect her, and not be hell on wheels with that car, then don't be. Respect her and keep her safe. That's the most important thing. Your girlfriend is a daughter who means everything to her parents, and you, my friend, are chopped liver until you prove otherwise!

A long time ago, my sister's boyfriend showed up at our family's house to pick her up for a date. She was a freshman in college and was home for the summer. I was sitting upstairs and I heard, "screeeeeeech" - the sound of his Jeep sliding to a stop in front of the house, with music blaring.

Dad was at home and sitting downstairs when it happened. And then he wasn't sitting anymore. There was an exchange of words outside about what would happen if this guy ever showed up like that again--ideas that were incorporated into the SAW series of horror films, many years later. Who knew!? The guy and my sister broke up shortly thereafter.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=17325&pictureid=134228
sherob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 12:54 PM   #39
dcarlos55

Drives: 2017 HBM A10 ZL1
It's been a lot of years since my daughter was dating. I can't say I really liked any of the guys she dated including the one she married. As dads we want to protect our daughters from everything, everywhere, all the time. Top of the list of things we want to protect our daughters from is boys.

Don't expect us to like you. You are a constant reminder that our daughters are not little girls anymore. We can't keep them from growing up but it doesn't mean we don't want to.

Your best bet is to prove that you deserve our respect as fathers by keeping our little girls safe and treating them right. Do that and we might actually start to like you one day.

As for the car, if you take care of your car and show some pride in it, we'll be more likely to think you'll take care of our girls. If you abuse the car, we'll probably assume you won't treat our daughters well either.
Old 05-28-2015, 01:12 PM   #40
Bizaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Redhot 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHorse13 View Post
"Anything she sees, I cut off."
"I have a shovel, a .45 and my watch is ten minutes fast."

Any of us "older" guys know exactly what that car means, especially if we have daughters. I would already have a hole dug in my cornfield ready to show you during our next meeting.
Bizaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 01:41 PM   #41
ChocoTaco369
145lb Powerlifter

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcarlos55 View Post
It's been a lot of years since my daughter was dating. I can't say I really liked any of the guys she dated including the one she married. As dads we want to protect our daughters from everything, everywhere, all the time. Top of the list of things we want to protect our daughters from is boys.
I strongly disagree.

From ages 0-25, fathers hate anyone their daughter dates.

From ages 25+, it's like a switch flips and are dying for some guy to take her off their hands.

My girlfriend's dad already told me the receipt expired and it's too late to return her. He's hated everyone else she's ever dated. She's also 26 going on 27. Anyone else she's ever dated she was in her teens and early 20's. Or maybe I'm just special and awesome. That's also a possibility.
Old 05-28-2015, 02:58 PM   #42
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Crazy Camaro View Post
I really love the fact you brought up the opening doors, I notice you say you are from southwest ga I myself was raised west of Perry, GA and that was put into my mind at a young age. I did it for a girl recently and she was so awkward as she had never had that happen for her before hahaha
I've lived in the south for nearly 30 years, but I was raised in upstate NY by a northern gentleman and a southern (from GA) lady... so such things were instilled in me from a very young age. And it has stuck with me...
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote