Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-25-2015, 08:50 AM   #29
freddyD

Drives: 2020 rally green rs
nice pics,but I like yours better,The designer who thought lets put the gas door here should be fired!
freddyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 08:57 AM   #30
49ersXXIX
Take me back to 1994

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS SUMMIT WHITE
nice comparison pictures... In my honest opinion, the 5th Gen looks better.
Old 10-25-2015, 09:03 AM   #31
nancygrl
雪の玉

Drives: '22 Z71 RST Silverado
Thanks for the photos
nancygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 09:29 AM   #32
HuJass

Drives: GM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drew peacock View Post
does look good.
but how does it drive?
is it way better?

newer doesn't always mean better...

All of the magazines have done their testing of the new car.

They all unequivocally heaped prodigious amounts of praise on the new car.

Dynamically, it's not just better. It's WAYYY better.
2004 Colorado ZQ8
2002 Trans Am WS6 Collector Edition
1999 Blazer
1994 Grand Prix SE B4U
HuJass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 10:13 AM   #33
RagingHawk

Drives: Fuel efficient compact sedan :)
Already seeing it on the streets, seen 4 of them recently. Most recent one a blacked out SS. Front end looks aggressive, you notice the large grille right off the bat. It does appear a bit 'fatter' because the more modern 'curvy' design I guess. I liked the car, looks good and probably drives good. My question is how does it drive on poor streets. The 5th gen is pretty firm/harsh ride, which is great thing in some cases but when you have poor roads like we do in Michigan you want a more comfortable car. Like a grand touring sports car, if only I could get my hands on an Sl65 amg.

On a serious note, I believe the right move would be to move to a truck rather economy car daily driver. They are suitable for the roads/weather here. On my SS I have what appear to be cracks in the frame as well both in the same area on opposite sides.
RagingHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 10:18 AM   #34
'01LS1

Drives: 2003 Pete
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuJass View Post
All of the magazines have done their testing of the new car.

They all unequivocally heaped prodigious amounts of praise on the new car.

Dynamically, it's not just better. It's WAYYY better.
This guy seemed pretty objective. Almost too objective.
He thinks the gen 6 is still too heavy & that Recaros should be an option, seemed to be the worst of his complaints.
http://www.automobilemag.com/reviews...erman-raceway/

That said, the gen 5 has had a nice long life span with the 2006 auto show debut to actually hitting dealership lots in 2009. It is time to move on to something new for the buying market.
'01LS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 10:36 AM   #35
5thGenOwner

Drives: 2010 SS
Thank you for the side by side. The more I see, the more certain I am that I don't like the 6th Gen. I still need to see it in person, but I've been wanting to see it side by side with a 5th Gen.

The photo below is a exactly why I don't like the 6th Gen... the quarter panel, the hood, and the front fascia all seem like really odd lines. Not just the shapes but where the creases between the panels are. It just doesn't flow, imho.

edit: even the Camaro badge looks to be the wrong size or just completely out of place. (I marked up the photo to be more specific.)
Attached Images

Last edited by 5thGenOwner; 10-25-2015 at 10:50 AM.
5thGenOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 11:29 AM   #36
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
I think the 6th Gen looks better from the front. More aggressive lines.

All other views/angels are meh.....

Can argue with the increased HP and less weight = more performance!
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 11:40 AM   #37
'01LS1

Drives: 2003 Pete
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thGenOwner View Post
Thank you for the side by side. The more I see, the more certain I am that I don't like the 6th Gen. I still need to see it in person, but I've been wanting to see it side by side with a 5th Gen.

The photo below is a exactly why I don't like the 6th Gen... the quarter panel, the hood, and the front fascia all seem like really odd lines. Not just the shapes but where the creases between the panels are. It just doesn't flow, imho.

edit: even the Camaro badge looks to be the wrong size or just completely out of place. (I marked up the photo to be more specific.)
I would agree on the hood line. Just curious if that is not for aero or a better weather seal vs being the normal flat edge right on top? That extra crease on the hood has to increase cost? The gen 5 mirror housing should have been carried over or would work better appearance wise on the gen 6. There rest of the points I like or do not seem out of place to me.
'01LS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 11:50 AM   #38
Camarotobeornottobe

Drives: 1LE
Looks-wise, I see areas where each is better.

Folks on forums tend to originally reject the new models because they need to validate their decision to be financially and emotionally invested in the old. But, I'm guessing the interior and power-to-weight ratio of the Gen 6 makes it a clear upgrade. Would also be interested to know if they refined the drivetrain, as the Gen 5 can be loud and noisy.
Camarotobeornottobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 12:31 PM   #39
CCMADONNA

Drives: 2014 SW 2SS/RS
objectively speaking, while i prefer the gen5 looks, that gen6 powerhouse, especailly when paired with the magnaride, cannot be rivaled by my 2014 SS.

objectively speaking, i love the look of the first generation most of all -- that gen1 convertible is still the most beautiful Camaro ever built, but seriously, the power and ride comfort of the gen5 is superior. And so it will be with the gen6.

We are all very fortunate to have any generation Camaro -- and future generations will improve performance, power, and praise from all of us.

The best Camaro being the one that's been paid for.

2014 2SS/RS VERT L99
SUMMIT WHITE
AIRAID CAI
BORLA ATAK CAT-BACK EXHAUST
ELITE ENGINEERING CATCH-CAN
RANGE AFM-DELETE MODULE
HUPER OPTIK 40
CHROME PEDALS
PREMIUM FLOOR MATS
PREMIUM CARGO MAT
DEDICATED 32GB iPHONE HD
[/I][/B][IMG][/IMG]
CCMADONNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 01:27 PM   #40
BLK141SS

Drives: 2014 1SS M6 NPP
I saw an RS at the State Fair of Texas this year. The RS just didn't give me any feelings, no excitement or wow factor. The SS looks much better now that I've seen more detailed photos. Don't like the hacked off looking rear end though. The front looks fantastic and they opened that grill up for better cooling. That said, I wont be trading up. Wouldn't mind having a set of those wheels.
BLK141SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 02:00 PM   #41
ZYBORG
Lets roll...

Drives: 14'
6th gen looks great. Cant wait for the special models.
Old 10-25-2015, 02:19 PM   #42
Splat

Drives: 2012 1SS M6 IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZYBORG View Post
6th gen looks great. Cant wait for the special models.
+1

I am still going to hold onto my 5th gen, but the 6th is still amazing.

Cant wait to see it in person.

Do you guys think since the 6th gen is still using the brakes of the 5th gen, that the wheels will swap over to ours?
Mods: LSA Supercharger, 2.55 Pulley, Custom Boost Cam, ARH LTH 1 7/8, HFC, 3' Magnaflow Exhaust, JLT CAI, Elite CC V2, BO White Stage 2 TB, GM 3.91 Gears, DSS CF Driveshaft, BMR Bushing Kit.... . Tuned by JTM Motorsports 540 Hp 550Tq on 9PSI

Axles, Monster Clutch, Hotchkis TVS Track Pack kit.......For 2018.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote