Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Other Generations > 3rd Generation Camaros

Old 09-29-2013, 04:49 AM   #1
fussboss

Drives: 2014 2LT RS
'82 White T-Top Berlinetta - my first love

First off, if anybody has any pics of a '82 White T-Top Berlinetta please post! Sadly I have no pics anylonger....

My very first car was a '82 White T-Top Berlinetta and boy did I love that thing. The outside looked super clean and everybody thought it was a new car despite being 10 years old when I got it. I was still in high school, and boy did that help my time at school! Despite the new look the rest of the car was a nightmare. The T-tops leaked no matter what we did and the engine was quick but had its issues. I had fun modding it even back then. I replaced the antenna with a small black rubber one that I could bend back to make it look like it was swept up in the wind. I installed white rice-rocket looking wipers on both the front and back wipers and boy did it look sweet.

Sadly, this car only last me a few years but what a car to have for your first car while still in high school!

What was your first car love?
fussboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 10:45 AM   #2
Supercamaro64
Right, right.

Drives: 79 Z28, 86 Camaro, 94 Burb 4x4
My first car was a white 86 camaro berlinetta. Sadly no T tops though :/ But I love that car! I still have it, its parked in my garage not running very well right now. I bought it for $550 with my own money when i was 16. This december 28th will mark 5 years of me owning that car! I went to a high school where almost everyone else drove fairly new boring cars, like sedans and small suvs that their parents bought them. I rolled in every day in a 27 year old beat-to-hell muscle car, and i had a lot of people at school say they liked my car! I still plan on fixin it up at some point, but right now im just gonna get it running again. Im never getting rid of that car!
Supercamaro64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 10:07 PM   #3
fussboss

Drives: 2014 2LT RS
I see the pics of it you have up in your garage/sig/avatar - looks GREAT!
fussboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 09:35 AM   #4
82Camaro

Drives: 82 Camaro Berlinetta
@fussboss

I have an 82 T-Top Berlinetta sitting in my garage. She was my first car and I've had her for about 14 years. She is in good shape but on blocks for the last 2 years :( I'm just about to restore her. I'll see if I can dig up some pics for you
82Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 07:51 AM   #5
Supercamaro64
Right, right.

Drives: 79 Z28, 86 Camaro, 94 Burb 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by 82Camaro View Post
@fussboss

I have an 82 T-Top Berlinetta sitting in my garage. She was my first car and I've had her for about 14 years. She is in good shape but on blocks for the last 2 years :( I'm just about to restore her. I'll see if I can dig up some pics for you
Thats awesome! I cant wait until i have the money to start getting mine looking good again!
Supercamaro64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 05:52 PM   #6
djm96z28

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS LS3
My first Camaro was an '82 Camaro Berlinetta. It had the 2.8 V6 so it wasn't quick but it did run smooth, though it did leak oil. It was charcoal gray and was really a nice looking car. Loved the gold pinstripes and gold finned wheels.
djm96z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 01:18 AM   #7
Avalnch

Drives: Rally Yellow Camaro+Avalanche
'84 Z28 5.0L H.O. Turbo 700R4 with T-tops. It was sweet when I repainted it a BMW Diamond Black and put on 87 IROC wheels.
Vengeance Kaotik Cam, C.A.I., ARH LT, Pypes Cat Back, ZL1 Shifter+2012LS3VERT bushing, Quantum Brake Ducts, JDP Tow Hook Scorch Yellow Trim Kit, Shark Fin, AAC DRLs+ABLs+SMDs, ZTA Rear Spoiler, R.Y. 1LE Splitter. Pfadt coilovers, camber plates, trailing arms, Pegasus Solid Subframe. Pedders ZL1 barz, radius arm & steering rack bushings. BMR adjustable toe-rods. Hotchkis Max Chassis Brace. ZL1 GMPP Driveline Upgrade. TurnOne P/S pump. CTS-V 6 pistons.
447 HP @ 6180 RPM / 418 TQ @ 5100 RPM
Avalnch is offline   Reply With Quote