Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-14-2009, 04:42 PM   #57
Visual_Perfection

Drives: '02 Bonneville SLE
I'm going to go back to the first post I had in this thread and point out how this whole thread has proved my point.

Like I mentioned if there was a definitive answer all these threads would stop.

Just this ONE thread alone has tons of people complaining, upset, frustrated, along with people who are sick of hearing people complaining, being upset and frustrated. Lets not even get into the handfulls of OTHER threads dealing with the same thing every single day!

And yes GM has given us SOOOO much info on this car it is awesome! However the point of my post was that if we had the answer to the question: "When are the cars that HAVE shipped the first week of shipping going to arrive?" or "what is the REAL reason they haven't arrived yet? or "is there indeed a set date that we will not see them until?"

If we could get a definitive answer to one of those questions ALL of this complaining, frustration, anger, etc....... Would finally stop for the most part. I know we have recieved hints of anwers such as quality control, etc... but nothing that is in writing to confirm what the exact reason is. Hell even if the reason they would give us would be the fact that "the cars are being shipped just like any other vehicle and there is NO holdup, it just takes time" THAT right there would be enough to get rid of half of these complaint threads, just because rumors would be cleared!

People have been spoiled with information on this car, and now for the last month there really hasn't been "new" information to keep people going and "in the know" about exactly what is going on, well this is the result..

We can have 50 threads a day with upset people, with answers such as "I'm guessing..." or "what I think is.." but until we have FACTS, not matter how stupid, small, or "duh we figured that" they are.. facts are well, facts and that will ease peoples minds.

I am not complaining, I could care less, I am just pointing out what it would take to solve this..
Old 04-14-2009, 05:16 PM   #58
2SSJIM

Drives: 2012 CRT ZL1 #1400
I think the amount of impatience that people have shown on the many different forums goes to show the intolerance with waiting for something in todays society. I for one am glad that GM will be delivering me a quality sound car so I wont be going back to the dealer every week to work "the bugs" out! If you must have an expected delivery date.... May 6th, if you need an expected finance date for the bank... May 6th! Now, IF something happens that's out of GM's control (i.e. paint flaws, mechaical problems found after build), the delivery may be delayed while they fix the issue. Have some patience, it will get here!
2SSJIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 06:03 PM   #59
towmoe

Drives: IBM 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSJIM View Post
I think the amount of impatience that people have shown on the many different forums goes to show the intolerance with waiting for something in todays society. I for one am glad that GM will be delivering me a quality sound car so I wont be going back to the dealer every week to work "the bugs" out! If you must have an expected delivery date.... May 6th, if you need an expected finance date for the bank... May 6th! Now, IF something happens that's out of GM's control (i.e. paint flaws, mechaical problems found after build), the delivery may be delayed while they fix the issue. Have some patience, it will get here!
I think you are missing the "main" point. We don't mind waiting. I would be thrilled with a May 6th delivery date. Even if it was sometime after that is ok. The "main" issue is, is that "GM" is not communicating WHEN!!!!! We are not complaining just for the hell of it. As my original post stated, people have lives and need to make decisions on things. If anyone has read Scott@Bjorn3D's thread, he has to extend his lease on his Honda Accord. If he knew when his Camaro was going to come in, he could make a better detemination on extending his lease or not. If his Camaro comes in, say tomorrow, he's lost some money on the Accord.

All I'm saying is GM needs to better communicate when the cars were are going to purchase is going to be delivered. If there are issues, communicate it, if they have a set date, communicate it. I don't know what kind of customer service some of you are used to, but not know when something your purchasing will be delivered will not fly with businesses. The auto industry works like this, then I understand some of the reasons they are having problems.
Old 04-14-2009, 06:10 PM   #60
CamaroFan1

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by towmoe View Post
The "main" issue is, is that "GM" is not communicating WHEN!!!!! We are not complaining just for the hell of it. As my original post stated, people have lives and need to make decisions on things.

All I'm saying is GM needs to better communicate when the cars were are going to purchase is going to be delivered. If there are issues, communicate it, if they have a set date, communicate it. I don't know what kind of customer service some of you are used to, but not know when something your purchasing will be delivered will not fly with businesses. The auto industry works like this, then I understand some of the reasons they are having problems.
CamaroFan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 06:42 PM   #61
Silver Streak

Drives: 2008 Cobalt SS/TC
Send a message via AIM to Silver Streak Send a message via MSN to Silver Streak
Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyMan View Post
Back on 2/21, I posted that nobody will see their car before May 6th - on GM national PR day. I was called an "idiot", and so was my dealer who told me that. "Your full of BS, I will get my Camaro in early Apirl", I guess a few people may be eating a little idiot crow soon!
Hows that? Is it May 6th? Not quite yet, so how are people eating crow.

"The future is in the windshield, not the rear-view mirror!"

"If you haven't gone a 175 mph on land, you haven't lived! That's just a fact!" - Ricky Bobby
Silver Streak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 07:01 PM   #62
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyMan View Post
Back on 2/21, I posted that nobody will see their car before May 6th - on GM national PR day. I was called an "idiot", and so was my dealer who told me that. "Your full of BS, I will get my Camaro in early Apirl", I guess a few people may be eating a little idiot crow soon!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Streak View Post
Hows that? Is it May 6th? Not quite yet, so how are people eating crow.
That's still 3+ weeks away. I said it before- in fact someone quoted me in their sig- There is no way they will hold all these cars until then, NO WAY. Quote me on that.
Old 04-14-2009, 07:02 PM   #63
Silver Streak

Drives: 2008 Cobalt SS/TC
Send a message via AIM to Silver Streak Send a message via MSN to Silver Streak
That may be correct in theory, but from what I have seen with this forum and many others is that correct and accurate information has never stopped people from bitchin. I see mods closing threads because the answers came to the questions, but the thread still goes on. Take IDL thread for instance. A good reliable source tried to set us straight, no one wanted to hear that and kept on bitchin. No matter what, until we have these cars in our hands people are going to find reasons to bitch and that is just the way they are, non stop bitchin. It is really aggrivating, especially since we are all waitin for our cars and then threads are started that makes it all worse than it already is. It isn't some conspiracy to keep our cars from us. I remember hearing someone say once... If you think there are no conspiracies, you are naive. If you think everything is a conspiracy, you should then be out into a straight jacket. I am just as anxious as everyone, I have dreams of the Camaro almost nightly. Do I believe the Camaros will get to us, hell yeah I do. Do I think GM wants to take care of the enthusiast, you bet I do or they would not be here, listen to us, change things for us and include as much as they have. I hope they don't stop something new like this because they see we the enthusiast acting like the world is ended because their car hasn't come yet. It will be here, reserve your emotions for a lil while longer and I bet that you will be more than happy! We have made it all this way, a lil longer and it will all be worth it. Relax drink a beer or 2 or whatever calms your nerves and realize the world will not ending. The only thing that makes it all different from normal circumstances is it is a PRE-ORDER for a icon that has not been available for 7 yrs. Think about it!

"The future is in the windshield, not the rear-view mirror!"

"If you haven't gone a 175 mph on land, you haven't lived! That's just a fact!" - Ricky Bobby
Silver Streak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 11:44 PM   #64
BeermanSS

Drives: 2005 Cobalt SS/SC
We're going to have to shut this site down till the cars are shipped. People are getting a little anxious and crazy about this car. Maybe GM should have just STFU about everything till a week before they were shipping the car. JK, this is pretty unprecedented everything that GM has made us privy to for this project. All these guys are putting time in on this forum to keep us informed and given us details (inside info) long before any other manufacturer has involved their customers. That being said, it would be nice if some of the other dealers (not any on this forum) had done some homework and could give people correct, up-to-date info. Especially for ordering. I know Scott said that this is normal, but why would you sit on all that inventory. If you've got a couple thousand start shipping them. They're off the assembly line, tested, and they run. Get them on the truck and get some cash flowing into GM. What are waiting to do final q.c. checks out in a parking lot. The cars are ready. SHIP THEM. Your not changing anything on any of those cars in those lots in Oshawa. Why are they sitting there and not being delivered.
BeermanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 11:49 PM   #65
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeermanSS View Post
We're going to have to shut this site down till the cars are shipped. People are getting a little anxious and crazy about this car. Maybe GM should have just STFU about everything till a week before they were shipping the car. JK, this is pretty unprecedented everything that GM has made us privy to for this project. All these guys are putting time in on this forum to keep us informed and given us details (inside info) long before any other manufacturer has involved their customers. That being said, it would be nice if some of the other dealers (not any on this forum) had done some homework and could give people correct, up-to-date info. Especially for ordering. I know Scott said that this is normal, but why would you sit on all that inventory. If you've got a couple thousand start shipping them. They're off the assembly line, tested, and they run. Get them on the truck and get some cash flowing into GM. What are waiting to do final q.c. checks out in a parking lot. The cars are ready. SHIP THEM. Your not changing anything on any of those cars in those lots in Oshawa. Why are they sitting there and not being delivered.

See here:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...t=18561&page=3
Old 04-14-2009, 11:50 PM   #66
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Quote:
Originally Posted by trm0002 View Post
That's still 3+ weeks away. I said it before- in fact someone quoted me in their sig- There is no way they will hold all these cars until then, NO WAY. Quote me on that.
Oh, and see here:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...t=18561&page=3
Old 04-14-2009, 11:56 PM   #67
BeermanSS

Drives: 2005 Cobalt SS/SC
gotcha, well i guess not having the correct parts to build the cars is a bit of issue. i can understand that then. I wonder if BMW has ever built cars w/o having the parts to do so, or is this uniquely GM. Hope they'll get these supply issues cleared up soon so they can finish those cars out on the lots and ship them.

Last edited by BeermanSS; 04-15-2009 at 12:29 AM.
BeermanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 01:32 AM   #68
shockandawe

Drives: 2014 Z51 Corvette
I'm beginning to think this car doesn't even exist.The 2 that Hendricks received were cardboard mock-ups stolen from Area 51 and are a product of some aliens and the governmonts imagination.
As for now,I'm thinking of canceling my order and buying a Real Chally!
shockandawe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 02:14 AM   #69
1982camaro

Drives: 1982 camaro
gm has done a horrible job of letting people know about this car. I have walked into my local so cal dealerships and none of them have posters or banners. Whats really sad is that the sales people at chevy know nothing about the camaro.

the general public has no clue that this car is making a comeback. People are like "oh there is another camaro coming out? I thought gm was gone"

seriously chevy wtf?

they are just making the water creep up faster and faster for drowning.
1982camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 04:52 AM   #70
Marvb549

Drives: 07 Silverado, 1975 LT 350 CID
First Time for Everything!

I do more reading that posting on both here and CZ28. This thread has created a compelling need for me to speak out and provide my .02 whether you like it or not.

1. GM providing information about what is going on is more likely to fuel the flame rather than squelch it. This has already been stated in this thread and I have seen it more times than not on both forums. Any information leads to another round of GM bashing and flaming the manufacturer for trying to make sure that the car comes out in a manner expected and needed. For example, ABL, Production start delay, STS, CGM, trim level differences, etc. No matter what is done, there will always be somone whining and complaining that the information does not meet with their expectations, regardless of the reason or what is being done.

2. Financing is probably one of the lamest gripes I have seen. Most banks will preapprove a new car financing agreement and will usually hold that for at least 30 days and many are 60 or 90. If you have a VIN, get pre approved and let them know up front the circumstances. Once it delivers, you have everything in place and need only execute. If it delays beyond the validity date, extend it. Banks need your business as much as any other entity and will work with you. The only risk is if your financial conditions change, at which point you need not be bying this car anyway.

3. The level and details of information we have about this car, and any other for that matter, are unequalled in history for any manufacturer. Erase the forums that have tracked the development, erase the information and involvement the enthusiasts have had with this car, erase the information GM has released to date and we are all no smarter, well informed or otherwise in the know than any other person on the street or any other dealer for that matter. We would all be standing in line hoping to get an order in and base all of our decisions on the information that we could find on the GM build and price site. We would have had no collective leverage to insist on MSRP and we would have all been paying what the market demanded for the car, regardless of it being up or down, over or under MSRP.

4. Blaming GM for the knowledge and expertise of the dealerships regarding this car is unfounded. Each of us know what we know because we are all following one maybe two cars and can focus intensely on these lines and have a wealth of information at our disposal thanks to the Internet. Dealerships are responsible for general knowledge of all cars on their lot and in enough detail to move them. I never expect any dealer saleman to know more about the car I want to buy than I do. I do my homework and it gives me tremendoud leverage int he transaction because I do not get the usual sales BS to move a car. Blaming GM is like blaming McDonalds because the Cashier does not know the specific ingredients in each item of food they dispense. Completely unfounded. Apples and oranges maybe, but the concept is the same.

5. The fact that we ordered this car in pre order or after does not give us special right and priveledge. Where would we all be if there was no pre order program. You think you have no idea when your car will be here right now, imagine being in the position where we all ordered after the start of production and had to wait for all of the fleet sales, rental distributions, dealer allocations and the buyers with the big bucks to get theirs first. We would most likely be seeing the enthusiats out there thinking a VIN in the low 3K range an awesome level. An we would not be waiting for our Camaro's to ship, but for all of these so that ours could start being built and delivered.

6. None of us own a Camaro to date except for Rick Hendrick and he paid the bucks to do so. GM is the rightful owner of all of these cars until the day the dealer pays GM, then it belongs to the dealer. Until you pay for it through cash and trade, cash, trade and finance, trade and finance, or cash and finance, you do NOT own this car. Your deposit assures you the right to have it built to your specification and purchase and take delivery when it arrives, assuming you can pay for it. Only then does it become your car.

I am as excited about taking delivery as any of you. I want to see it arrive sooner rather than later. But I am also an optimist and know that thereis a good reason for the delay, otherwise there would not be one. The lack of information is the result of a well defined purpose and business decision. Sit back, relax and wait. It will get here, and when it does, we will all be happy. Give it time and stop stressing over it. The internet and computer skills some folks have has given us more information that we probably truly need or even desrve and that is creating even more anxiety and frustration. Remember that this car has been out of production since 2002. It is the first time since 1967 that we have had to wait for more than a few months for the next release. It will get here and it will be sweet when it is, but the bottom line is that all of the naysaying and griping will not change anything except your blood pressure.

I personally think this car is well worth the wait. I also think that the level of hypocracy on here towards GM is astounding. Everyone expects perfection and immediacy from GM, or any other consumer oriented enterprise, yet none of us that expect it are even close to being there ourselves. Chill Out!

Have a great day and a patient wait for your new Camaro.

2010 Camaro RJT SS/RS M6 #1049(Soon),2009 CrewCab Z71, 2007 Silverado (Trade on 2010), 1998 Brickyard 400 SS Z28 Convertible #3, 86 CJ7 SBC 305, '75 Camaro LT 350CID
New Shopping list: Third Gen IROC-Z and 69RS and will complete my Generations collection!!!!!
Marvb549 is offline   Reply With Quote