Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 04-14-2012, 09:00 AM   #15
bikerdan
BLOWNSS

Drives: 2011 SUPERCHARGED Camero SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.T. View Post
Solo is also drone-free on the L99, and the price is much better than Corsa. Top-notch company, IMO. I'm very happy with mine.
My SOLO was droan free but very loud driving on hiway
2011 LS3 SS/RS, M6, Maggie TVS2300 - cog drive, CAI, ZL1 fuel pump, Autometer gages, BEHE Performance tune , boost and AFR gages, MGW shifter, SLP long tube headers with high flow cats, Flowmaster Pro ex., Pfadt trailing arms, toe rods & bushings, G-Force axles, American Racing wheels, 305 mm P zero on rear, Elite catch can, SLP hood, amp & sub.
bikerdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 03:08 PM   #16
Coyotekiller
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 AGM 2SS
What system did you end up using?
Coyotekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 05:32 PM   #17
GMTool
MY SS is SOLD

Drives: AGM 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyotekiller View Post
What system did you end up using?
Corsa 14952
GMTool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 06:03 PM   #18
Coyotekiller
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 AGM 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMTool View Post
Corsa 14952
Let us know how well you like it in a month or so. Im looking for one myself, and corsa is one of the options I'm deciding between.

Last edited by Coyotekiller; 04-16-2012 at 03:46 PM.
Coyotekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 06:21 PM   #19
geaux_tigerss

Drives: 2019 GMC Sierra 1500 AT4
Wait until you put headers on it.
geaux_tigerss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 08:45 PM   #20
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Use the clamps... but always tac weld them....

You made a great choice... had Corsa on 2 L99 camaros now and loved it...
Old 04-16-2012, 11:50 AM   #21
DG24FAN

Drives: 2012 IMPERIAL BLUE SS L99
Any way you can post a video/audio clip of this system? I too have been looking for sound clip of this system and only seem to be able to get the LS3 version.
DG24FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 01:22 PM   #22
ToddB

Drives: 2011 2SS Convertible Supercharged
I have Corsa on mine and love it. No drone. I am a welder and you do not need to tack or weld anything. Once tightened up it won't move.
ToddB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 08:26 PM   #23
GMTool
MY SS is SOLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by DG24FAN View Post
Any way you can post a video/audio clip of this system? I too have been looking for sound clip of this system and only seem to be able to get the LS3 version.
Being able to post a video is something I need to learn how to do. I believe my camera has the capabilities to do this. I will work on this. I will say, that my car is a complete stock car with the Corsa 14952 system. When standing behind the car as someone revs it up, is a good improvement over stock exhaust. Very happy I bought this system. Inside the car also sounds more aggressive when you get on the gas. It is really kind of quiet when just cruising easy. There is no drone, but there is AFM noise that is a little louder than the stock system. But not that bad. I can live with it. Drone and AFM noise are two different things. I do plan on talking to the service manager at the dealership about warranty and tuning AFM out. I really, would rather not have it. Even with the stock exhaust, I did not care for it. Anyways, I will work on learning how to post a video.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddB View Post
I have Corsa on mine and love it. No drone. I am a welder and you do not need to tack or weld anything. Once tightened up it won't move.
You are so correct. The clamps are strong, heavy duty stainless. They hold things together very well.
GMTool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 10:23 AM   #24
GMTool
MY SS is SOLD

Is it still Conservative?

When I started this thread back in April I really thought that if I just replace the stock exhaust with a better sounding and better looking system, that would be all I need to be happy. ( Call it conservative) THEN the AFM noise made me get a tune. THEN I removed the resonators from the L99 Corsa system and modified the x pipe to make it just like the Corsa LS3 system. THEN just last week I ordered a set of Ceramic Coated Dynatech Headers with High flow cats. They should be at the house maybe by Friday. THEN I just got off the phone and ordered a Cold Air Inductions,CAI. NOW after I get the CAI and Headers on next week, I THINK that is all I need to be happy. When is not Conservative anymore?
Old 07-09-2012, 10:36 AM   #25
E.T.

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
When I started this thread back in April I really thought that if I just replace the stock exhaust with a better sounding and better looking system, that would be all I need to be happy. ( Call it conservative) THEN the AFM noise made me get a tune. THEN I removed the resonators from the L99 Corsa system and modified the x pipe to make it just like the Corsa LS3 system. THEN just last week I ordered a set of Ceramic Coated Dynatech Headers with High flow cats. They should be at the house maybe by Friday. THEN I just got off the phone and ordered a Cold Air Inductions,CAI. NOW after I get the CAI and Headers on next week, I THINK that is all I need to be happy. When is not Conservative anymore?
LOL, it's a slippery slope my friend, isn't it? I'm about at your point now, too. There's not a lot more I can do besides a blower, or tearing into the engine.

E.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 11:00 AM   #26
GMTool
MY SS is SOLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.T. View Post
LOL, it's a slippery slope my friend, isn't it? I'm about at your point now, too. There's not a lot more I can do besides a blower, or tearing into the engine.
I really do believe that this will be all for a while. The bank book is going in the wrong direction too much. I hope that now I will just drive it, and do regular maintenance. Just spend money on gas and oil. The next big money expense will be tires. Only have a little over 5K miles on it now. I should have a good little while before needing tires. I kind of got a crazy idea in my head right now. It is maybe in a couple of years, to talk the wife into a little vacation/road trip, by driving out to Connecticut. Swinging buy JRE and having an LS3 conversion done by Ted and his crew. Just a thought.
Old 07-09-2012, 11:20 AM   #27
BluegraSS

Drives: 2012 Victory Red SS/RS
I have the Corsa 14952 system on my car. I'm very pleased with it. It has a good tone and, at idle and around town, is only barely louder than stock. I have an Airaid CAI and JRE tune, too. The car is very responsive and a pleasure to drive.

I just finished a 1000 mile road trip with my car. Before the return drive, I loaded the stock tune back into the ECM to compare gas mileage. I definitely noticed the AFM more than I did when I had the stock exhaust installed. Although I got better mileage (23.75 vs 21.5), I really disliked how the AFM kicking in and out made the car feel.
BluegraSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 11:33 AM   #28
BluegraSS

Drives: 2012 Victory Red SS/RS
Quote:
I really do believe that this will be all for a while. The bank book is going in the wrong direction too much. I hope that now I will just drive it, and do regular maintenance. Just spend money on gas and oil. The next big money expense will be tires. Only have a little over 5K miles on it now. I should have a good little while before needing tires. I kind of got a crazy idea in my head right now. It is maybe in a couple of years, to talk the wife into a little vacation/road trip, by driving out to Connecticut. Swinging buy JRE and having an LS3 conversion done by Ted and his crew. Just a thought.
I'm curious about your observations after your upgrades. I know headers will really improve the car's breathing.

My plans are to add headers late next year. That'll be just about the time I'm getting itchy to either trade or upgrade.
BluegraSS is offline   Reply With Quote