Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

Old 05-17-2013, 10:00 PM   #253
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ Man View Post
Those guys are not an influential nfl player like ny jet mike Goodson. They could learn from him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-mike-goodson/

Considering goodson never took a snap for gang green, I blame the raiders.
OK, so...hollow point ammo is illegal? They sell it here in Washington State...so not sure what the deal is.
Old 05-18-2013, 12:36 AM   #254
CJ Man
Missing my SS :(

Drives: 2012 Ford Explorer [ :( ]
It's NY/NJ. cops can't carry more then seven rounds in their clip
CJ Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 08:15 AM   #255
3 SS's

Drives: Chevelle SS's
New logo just released

3 SS's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 03:37 PM   #256
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

First, I'm not happy at all with Irvin for what he did. Unfortunately, PED's are widespread throughout the league.

I suppose I can be happy that Seattle isn't 1st on the list as far as most suspensions. That honor goes to the Washington Redskins.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ded_by_the_NFL

Redskins have 6 suspensions
Seahawks and Buccaneers have 5
Lions have 3
Bears, Bills, Browns, Jaguars, Patriots, Rams, Ravens, Texans and Titans have 2
49ers, Broncos, Cardinals, Chargers, Chiefs, Falcons, Jets, Raiders, Saints and Vikings all have 1.

It's a big problem in the league, and unfortunately some athletes think they need to do this to get ahead.
Old 05-18-2013, 07:01 PM   #257
CJ Man

Wouldn't the Seahawks technically be tied? I mean Sherman got off on a technicality. Even to this day he still thinks the use of aderol should be legal (though he never took it )
Old 05-18-2013, 07:45 PM   #258
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Quote:
Wouldn't the Seahawks technically be tied? I mean Sherman got off on a technicality. Even to this day he still thinks the use of aderol should be legal (though he never took it )
I don't think he ever said it should be legal. He was saying that half the league (a euphamism) takes it legally because they are prescribed adderall.

There's actually two issues here. One is that adderall can be prescribed and some use it legally in the league, while others don't use it prescribed.

The second issue, and the more thorny one in my opinion, is that we don't really know if any of these "adderall" cases really are adderall. First, the NFL never lists the substance involved. I believe that agents and others are the ones that leak out the "substance" which they might say is adderall, but might be steroids for all we know. Also, I've recently heard talk that adderall might be used as a masking agent for steroids, though I don't really think it is. It's masking, but more as a "not so bad" PED when compared to steroids, so that's just what the player is going to say he takes since the NFL can't refute that.

Then there's HGH, which isn't even tested at all these days. I really do wonder how many NFL players use HGH at this time.
Old 05-19-2013, 07:28 AM   #259
3 SS's

Drives: Chevelle SS's
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Dallas View Post
I don't think he ever said it should be legal. He was saying that half the league (a euphamism) takes it legally because they are prescribed adderall.

There's actually two issues here. One is that adderall can be prescribed and some use it legally in the league, while others don't use it prescribed.

The second issue, and the more thorny one in my opinion, is that we don't really know if any of these "adderall" cases really are adderall. First, the NFL never lists the substance involved. I believe that agents and others are the ones that leak out the "substance" which they might say is adderall, but might be steroids for all we know. Also, I've recently heard talk that adderall might be used as a masking agent for steroids, though I don't really think it is. It's masking, but more as a "not so bad" PED when compared to steroids, so that's just what the player is going to say he takes since the NFL can't refute that.

Then there's HGH, which isn't even tested at all these days. I really do wonder how many NFL players use HGH at this time.
Mr Dallas....please answer the question
3 SS's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 08:02 AM   #260
dorfmac
www.macsautodetail.com

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS
If there is anything I don't care about, it's PED use in professional sports. With the testing that goes on now, you're going to get caught eventually, so we don't need to worry about it because guys aren't getting away with it. Also, people make a big deal about PEDs now when they've been around since the beginning of these sports in one shape or another. I care about what I see on the field.
dorfmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 08:50 AM   #261
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 SS's View Post
Mr Dallas....please answer the question
Doesn't matter at this point. Having a sample glass broken and mixed in with someone elses sample is pretty sketchy testing by the NFL, though.

I mean...TECHNICALLY, some people still believe that Golden Tate didn't have simultaneous possession of a TD Catch
Old 05-19-2013, 12:16 PM   #262
CJ Man

That's because he didn't. With Irvin's positive test, that makes six since 2011. That's makes you wonder the state of that team.
Old 05-19-2013, 12:40 PM   #263
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

As I said, yes it's a concern that this is happening with the Seahawks.

I still think it's a problem league wide...and not even the worst problem when you really look at it. No one is testing for HGH right now, so any talk of PED's right now is pretty meaningless.

I think steroids ruined baseball, and think that the league does need to get tough on steroids and HGH. Players need to learn that it's wrong to do this.

Lance Armstrong was only the tip of the iceberg when it came to doping in bicycling, and showed how easy it was to hide such things even when being tested regularly. NFL players LEAGUE-WIDE participate in steroids and HGH to enhance performance. I wouldn't be surprised if tons of players on EVERY team are using HGH right now.
Old 05-22-2013, 02:06 PM   #264
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Crabtree might be out for the season...he was pretty good last year.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...es-in-workout/
Old 05-23-2013, 08:57 AM   #265
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
The Praying Mantis
Old 05-23-2013, 09:00 AM   #266
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
what do you guys think? lmao!!!