Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 06-24-2013, 09:25 PM   #1
Jamieis61
S2010S 458whp 428t

Drives: 10 Camaro 1SS rs
upgrading stock audio to ba system and have questions

i was looking into upgrading the sound system to the BA system. i just bought the deck speakers (6"x9"?) and the three up front (doors, and dash?). i picked them up on ebay for $45 but are they going to work properly? do i need to upgrade the amp?? is there a forum specifically for stock audio systems upgrading to the BA system??? Am i missing anything
here is what it is
"Up for auction today are OEM set of five ( 5 ) speakers from a Camaro. These were specifically removed from a 2010 Chevrolet Camaro. These are OEM Boston Acoustic speakers and they are going to fit 2010-2013 Camaros regardless of trim. Please ask any and all questions before bidding or buying."

http://s1189.photobucket.com/albums/...t=DSC08427.jpg
Jamieis61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 09:31 PM   #2
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
I'd pass.... the BA system is not a great system, esp the speakers -they are selling them to get something better - so should you...do a search here and look in the DIY section....
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 01:41 AM   #3
lfree11012

Drives: 2018 1LE
If I were you I would pass the ba system suck. if you search on here people are always complaining about it. You will also need the oem amp. You will make out batter just going aftermarket
lfree11012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 05:52 AM   #4
baum

Drives: 2013 1LS, 2013 Ram 1500
if you dont have the ba system there is alot more to the wiring than whats in your car. you cant just put in the head unit/speakers and hope it works.

sorry. if you are looking for better sound spend some change and get a nice set of after market speakers.
baum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 10:50 AM   #5
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
Agree with above responses. If you want better audio sound, get better products than the BA system.
Old 06-25-2013, 02:42 PM   #6
Denis

Drives: 2010 SS
i dont mean to thread jack...but what would be a better brand to go with as far as just replacing the oem BA speakers? i dont wanan go crazy but i would be okay with some better sound.
Old 06-25-2013, 02:47 PM   #7
SSMickey

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS
http://www.diyma.com/
Try here. Always some good equipment for sale at reasonable prices and lots of knowledge to be had also.
Old 06-25-2013, 04:50 PM   #8
Bradanomics

Drives: 2013 2LT vert
I had great experience just buying off of Amazon. They had some great deals on there
Bradanomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 05:00 PM   #9
GoEagles88

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LT RS Convertible
Send a message via AIM to GoEagles88
Not sure why everyone is slamming the Boston Acoustics system. It sounds awesome in our '12 convertible. Great bass response with plenty of range. It doesn't sound like a "ghetto blaster" system, but for most adults it will be more than adequate.

As far as the replacing your stock system...if it's anything like my Jeep, you'll need to add the amp and most likely an upgraded wiring harness. Not sure in the Camaro though.
Old 06-25-2013, 05:10 PM   #10
jshaf
Montani Semper Liberi

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS/RS w/ IOM stripes
you can get a h*ll lot better! pick a good brand or mix good brands and make something that is 3 to 5 times better than that BA system! Look at what the members have on here to get a good idea and check out some audio shops in your area. alot of good systems out there!

Stainless Works 1 7/8 Long Tude Headers, Stainless Works High Flow Cats, Stainless Works Retro Chambered Catback, Z/28 Air Intake, RDP Tuned, FR41 Chrome Rims, 1100W stereo, 35% Tint
jshaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 05:11 PM   #11
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoEagles88 View Post
Not sure why everyone is slamming the Boston Acoustics system. It sounds awesome in our '12 convertible. Great bass response with plenty of range. It doesn't sound like a "ghetto blaster" system, but for most adults it will be more than adequate.

As far as the replacing your stock system...if it's anything like my Jeep, you'll need to add the amp and most likely an upgraded wiring harness. Not sure in the Camaro though.
I'm 62 and far from an audiophile - my stereo never goes about 15 or so...the BA system is bad....no where near other cars I've owned...and honestly, you're the first I've read here that thinks it's ok...to each his own...
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 05:15 PM   #12
jshaf
Montani Semper Liberi

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS/RS w/ IOM stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoEagles88 View Post

Don't think most are saying it isn't an improvement over the regular system but if your going to go to the effort to upgrade you might as well make a substancial improvement, to each there own

Stainless Works 1 7/8 Long Tude Headers, Stainless Works High Flow Cats, Stainless Works Retro Chambered Catback, Z/28 Air Intake, RDP Tuned, FR41 Chrome Rims, 1100W stereo, 35% Tint
jshaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 05:25 PM   #13
Denis

Drives: 2010 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
I'm 62 and far from an audiophile - my stereo never goes about 15 or so...the BA system is bad....no where near other cars I've owned...and honestly, you're the first I've read here that thinks it's ok...to each his own...
I like the BA system a lot. I mean this is the newest car I've owned and never been one to put crazy stereos in my cars. So this is the best OE sound system I've ever had. But if it can be improved, I'm down to try.
Old 06-25-2013, 07:06 PM   #14
Chris-10

Drives: 2ss/rs vr 6m
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis View Post
i dont mean to thread jack...but what would be a better brand to go with as far as just replacing the oem BA speakers? i dont wanan go crazy but i would be okay with some better sound.
I went with jl 700/5 amp, jl c-2 speakers front and rears, 10" kicker sub. Bought off of amazon. ******** drop in box with the fark wire hareness. Under 1g.