Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2012, 10:14 PM   #309
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
Thanks. I need to go get the new MDI updates at the dealer here in the next little bit. Jesse has my elevation and so hopefully we get that tune dialed in.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
Old 09-26-2012, 11:23 PM   #310
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Drives: 2016 C7 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIXJAK View Post
After having several issues with my RX SC, I returned it for a refund over 3 weeks ago. I'm still waiting for that refund btw. If its been sent, then fabulous, disregard that last comment.

At any rate I purchased an IPF SC two weeks ago and it should be here next week. That's where I'm at. I wanted a polished head unit, unfortunately Vortech wants 650.00...pass. I'll be getting the black SC with unfinished bracket and will color match it to the SGM piping when they arrive. The more I've studied my engine bay the more I think that will look really nice. I'm also getting a polished IC. It will obviously take a few days to color match the brackets and finalize all of the aesthetic details I have planned.

Please no IPF vs. RX BS. I just want my refund as promised and to be able to get back to the business of enjoying my car and this forum and the good ppl on it.
Old 09-27-2012, 11:15 AM   #311
SIXJAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Can't_C_Me View Post
LOL behave, you.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
Old 09-27-2012, 01:25 PM   #312
xtreme industries

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2lt RS
if you dont mind me asking, what was the issue with the RX SC? were you running too much boost?
2010 Camaro 2lt RS, IOM on IOM, M6, eibach springs, eibach sways, ported throttle body, black ice-olator, RX catch can, OBX headers - no cats, Pypes cat back, Vibrant resonators, injen intake, DRL over ride, decepticon fender emblems, transformer sill plates, transformer script on cowl, more to come.
Old 09-27-2012, 05:51 PM   #313
SIXJAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreme industries View Post
if you dont mind me asking, what was the issue with the RX SC? were you running too much boost?
My kit was making 2#'s of boost so too much boost wasn't my issue.
Old 09-27-2012, 09:43 PM   #314
V6owner
Cedar Creek Woodshop

Drives: One Badass 1LE
Not all cases are like SIXJAKS. Mine was a garage install done each night for like 2-3 hours for a week. Yes we had to configure a few things but we had a successful install overall. Mine was done on jack stands also. I am making 6psi on my standard pulley but I'd love some more boost! This stuff is addicting!

Good luck JAK with the new build!

Last edited by V6owner; 09-27-2012 at 09:56 PM.
Old 09-27-2012, 09:49 PM   #315
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Good luck man....looking forward to your results with the IPF kit.
Old 10-03-2012, 07:25 PM   #316
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
Still waiting to see how the install is going ?
Old 10-06-2012, 03:45 PM   #317
gahammerle

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS M6 Inferno Orange
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8killer View Post
First thing I would like to say to all of you here on the forum, I have been watching these topics for months now. I have been saving every penny I have been getting from working over time and now I am only a couple of hundred dollars short from buying my supercharger kit. I am now confused on what kit to buy,please help me see the light on the right choice to make. I was reading a thread on the 2 choices and I don't know what to think of it. Thank you
You might want to start your own thread so SixJak's build thread won't get shut down like the other thread did.

Injen CAI / Solo Mach-X LLT / Solo High-flow res-cats / Barton short shifter / RX Catch Can / RPI Gills / 35% tint / LED Footwell Lighting Front & Rear / Pedders Street 1 / Pedders steering rack bushing / SS struts / Pfadt drop springs / VMax Ported Throttle Body / Spohn Toe Rods / Spohn Trailing Arms / Trifecta Tune / MACE 25mm Intake Spacers

Find me on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/gahammerle
Old 10-06-2012, 06:25 PM   #318
SIXJAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by gahammerle View Post
You might want to start your own thread so SixJak's build thread won't get shut down like the other thread did.
To answer your question from the other thread, that was in fact plugged. I plugged that back a year and a half ago when I installed the CAI. I used a cut down bic pen lid. Another person asked about that as well which got me to thinking so I went to O'reily's and bought a nipple pack and capped it externally as well. Currently the car is rocking the stock intake as I sold my CAI to my brother who is thoroughly enjoying the increased performance and mileage.
Old 10-06-2012, 08:44 PM   #319
SIXJAK

IPF kit which came Thursday morning. I ordered a basic kit but asked them to send me the SC mounting brackets and MAF tube unfinished so I can custom color them. Also my SC tubing is SGM. It should arrive shortly. I will be powder coating the brackets SGM as well. I was considering having Vortech polishing the head unit but they want 650.00. Pass. The more I looked at my engine bay the more I liked the lone polished item under hood, the polished IM surrounded by black and SGM.
Anyway here is the kit

IC came in its own separate box that is very well protected.

The other side is plain
Unfinished MAF tube. I'm not sure of the gauge but its substantial. Very nice. Will be powder coating it SGM. If anybody has any suggestions of something that will look better, feel free to share.

These head unit mounting brackets are stunning in their design and craftsmanship.

BOV

Catchcan. This thing is very curious especially coming off of an RX CC. It looks nothing like I thought it would. It's heavier than I thought it would be. Looks pretty cool IMHO.
The whole kit laid out. I will send those black tubes back when my SGM tubes come. Jesse sent them in the off chance I wanted to install the SC right away. Hopefully will get the brackets powder coated this next week.

I'm curious to see how quickly this kit installs.

And thank you for your outpouring of support via PM's. It means a lot.
Old 10-06-2012, 08:56 PM   #320
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Looks really clean. Can't wait to see it up an running. Keep us posted!
Old 10-06-2012, 09:00 PM   #321
Camaroadub

Drives: SIM
Awesome
Old 10-06-2012, 09:36 PM   #322
Battle_Camaro

Drives: 2011 CGM M6 LS
Kit looks awesome!

Closed Thread

Tags
lol