Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 10-07-2015, 01:20 PM   #15
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow1616 View Post
I don't know why you couldn't find any. Look at the alarm installers forums.
Here's one link i found and theres many more:
http://honda-tech.com/audio-security...-evar-2069021/
It is the yelp type reviews I had in mind.
JLSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 01:47 PM   #16
baum

Drives: 2013 1LS, 2013 Ram 1500
its no different than a starter disable from any aftermarket alarm. think of it like an aftermarket alarm only thing different is this is your fob instead of a keyless one.

all you have to do is reconnect the starter wire in both cases and there you go.
baum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 01:56 PM   #17
AllAmericanMan

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1LT Auto
Instead of spending $500 or what have you for an alarm, why not just throw a battery disconnect under the dash?
Seems simple, straight forward and effective. That's what the old school gear heads (like me) used to do.
Just a though.....
AllAmericanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 04:05 PM   #18
macwest

Drives: 10 Camaro 2SS/RS, 70 Cuda, 71 Cuda
revelco is harder to beat. Each cap has 23+ pins of which 6 are real . From what I was told...Based of theft rate in bay area they are reaching under the front shorting out the light. This allows them to get into car. From there the pop the hood replace ecu and drive car off.

With revelco they car replace ecu car still wont start. under hood switch that is easy to bypass revelco is in a metal tube so first you have to cut tube to get in or know what to look for under hood. Since each revelco installation can be different this makes looking under hood even tougher. Since in the bay area allot of these theft happens in shopping centers any delay will help you still have a car when you come out of a store.

I bought it and it works great.
Old 10-07-2015, 06:00 PM   #19
Low Saturn

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Some of the information I've seen is that they're connecting some sort of programmer to the OBDII port and bypassing/disabling security and starting the car. What about putting a quick connect on that harness and remove the port? No OBDII port, no way to connect to the car.

Better yet, remove the port and install a dummy port. Grab one from the junkyard, wire up power and ground like normal, then connect the data lines to power as well. They plug in their device and it fries.
Old 10-07-2015, 08:15 PM   #20
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
hook the ground and positive up backwards or something so it fries his computer.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 08:28 PM   #21
thegreatwhite

Drives: 2014 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCunningham View Post
hook the ground and positive up backwards or something so it fries his computer.
best solution ive read yet
thegreatwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 05:37 PM   #22
Mikamaro
MikeNoMaro

Drives: A 2016 Challenger R/T M6 STP
I just got my Camaro stolen Monday morning, let me tell you that between the pain of loosing my beloved Camaro, the insurance claim procedures, negociations and the money lost, investing $1000 in some or multiple security systems is well worth it
I didn't do it and now I'm feeling stupid about it. Think about this, I've spent more then 12K in performance & cosmetics parts to upgrade my car and not once I thought about improving the security level of it. I must of think I lived in a perfect world! (stupid)

If you love your car, make sure to protect it better then the OEM anti-theft system.

The next car I will start upgrading it on this route, if I get another car that is...
Why want to cherish again, that's the real question...why bother, the chance of keeping a nice performance car for a lifetime is slimmer and slimmer every year and that SUCKS! Too many thieves in our world nowadays.

Track Day Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/mrgoodman2000/videos
Built #83817, Born January 18th, Christened June 11th 2010, Stolen October 3rd 2016.

Last edited by Mikamaro; 10-06-2016 at 08:55 AM.
Mikamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 11:17 PM   #23
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
i pay $711 a year and have it insured for $45k through grundy. cant drive it to the mall but I never do anyway.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 11:23 AM   #24
Nor Cal ZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6
Best insurance for the bay area people is to park in the garage. Most of them are taken out of deiveways at night. 700 dollars of crap cluttering the garage, cars ranging in price to above 100000 parked outside.
Nor Cal ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote