Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 06-16-2012, 03:41 PM   #29
IndeedSS1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
Nice As a cold air intake addict, I can hardly wait.

She is only memory now.
IndeedSS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 04:03 PM   #30
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndeedSS1 View Post
Nice As a cold air intake addict, I can hardly wait.
Uh oh, another one for you to play with! Lol!
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 04:32 PM   #31
kcox2010
synergy2011

Drives: 2011 synergy green 1ss/rs
Send a message via AIM to kcox2010
i would be intersted in one of these im running stock air box and i was think of c a i intake but u got my attention keep me in mind when done thanks keith
Old 06-16-2012, 07:16 PM   #32
IndeedSS1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmike View Post
Uh oh, another one for you to play with! Lol!
You know I won't be able to resist.

She is only memory now.
Old 06-26-2012, 11:49 AM   #33
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
I got a foam mock up velocity stack/filper clamp piece this last Friday and played with it over the weekend, gave the injection molding place the OK to start producing the pieces yesterday. Just ordered material for the first run of boxes. More air filters in production now, hoping to receive them late this week/early next week. Still waiting on the color matching powders. We're gearing up for production, with more in house testing as well as some 3rd party testing to follow! Keep your eyes peeled!
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 08:37 PM   #34
Rockhound

Drives: 2012 2SS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacnJsn95 View Post
We're gearing up for production, with more in house testing as well as some 3rd party testing to follow! Keep your eyes peeled!

I bought your front plate mount......excellent design and build!

I'm ready to replace the stock intake and I am anxiously waiting to see your completed set up!
Rockhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 06:40 AM   #35
IndeedSS1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockhound View Post

I'm ready to replace the stock intake and I am anxiously waiting to see your completed set up!
I too have the front plate bracket and agree with you. Seems like he is putting a lot of time into this air intake and I hope, in the crowd of so many others, it's a standout

She is only memory now.
Old 06-27-2012, 09:30 AM   #36
Jason@JacFab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockhound View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndeedSS1 View Post
I too have the front plate bracket and agree with you. Seems like he is putting a lot of time into this air intake and I hope, in the crowd of so many others, it's a standout
Thanks, glad you both like the brackets, everyone that gets one is usually very pleased. As a side note, it took me 4 months of trial and error to get the bracket to where I was happy enough with it to release it to the public. Considering the scope of this project, it's moving along fairly quick. There are quite a few people that are anxiously waiting for this... And then there are a few that aren't, and may even see it as a joke... I personally can't wait, as I think it's going to make a lot of people happy. Unfortunately at the moment it's really turned into a hurry up and wait game, waiting on the injection molding company, and the powder coat materials manufacturer.
Old 06-27-2012, 12:44 PM   #37
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]

Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS For Sale
Looks solid!
Old 07-11-2012, 10:54 AM   #38
Jason@JacFab

Just talked to the injection molding company, they said they should have something for me to look at next week sometime... More air filters showing up today... Pretty much have all of the materials in house now to start making these, just waiting on the plastic guys... Wish I had more exciting news.
Old 07-11-2012, 11:03 AM   #39
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Are these units going to have an see through lid like the C.A.I. version or a non-see through like ADM's?

Personally I don't like the see through which was one of the reasons I didn't go C.A.I. version.

Any idea on pricing yet?

Also, will the bottom of the unit be open so that it can take advantage of the ADM scoop?
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 11:58 AM   #40
Jason@JacFab

The direction we are leaning on for the lids is that they will be one solid piece of polycarbonate material, the name of the intake as well as 2 small "windows" will be left clear, and the remaining will be frosted/etched into the lid... It would easily be completely frosted on the back side to give the text, and windows a neat 3d effect, or colored vinyl could be applied to the backside, to give the lid some color and make it unable to see through... See the crude picture below.

Once the injection molded pieces start rolling in, and we get the first handful of intakes completed we are going to be sending 2-3 out for independent testing, and one on the shop car to begin more road/track/dyno testing. I'm thinking when these first few go out for testing I will officially start the "name the intake" contest, in which the winning name will be used on the box lids, and the winner will receive a *FREE* intake!

We do have a rough idea on pricing, but it is still subject to change on the final cost I get from the injection molding company. The current price I have in my head is based on a hopefully worst case scenario price I got from them, and I've got my fingers crossed we can get it down from there...

The bottom is open, so you will be able to take advantage of any brand scoop you choose to install. The intake will be able to retain the stock washer bottle if desired, and the lid will be available with, or without a quick access hole and plug to easily fill the washer bottle without removing the lid.

Still waiting on the powder coat materials manufacturing company on the color matched powders to be offered as an option on anything still powdercoat-able.
Attached Images

Old 08-13-2012, 10:29 AM   #41
Jason@JacFab

I gave the approval on the master of the velocity stack/filter clamp piece last Friday to the plastic company, I should start getting the first production pieces by the end of the week! Still a couple things to do such as making some jigs for milling the MAF hole, and refining the box design for easier install, but we're getting close to being able to send out the first few intakes for independent testing!

These will not be red, they will be black. We are still investigating options to offer them custom painted to match, but the tube, and the box will be powder coated either silver or black at the same base cost, with Camaro color matching options at an extra fee.

These pieces will be made out of a material that has a heat deflection rating of 340° F, and the tube section has a fairly thick wall, so there should be no problems with the tightening of the hose clamp collapsing the tube as such problems with other intakes of plastic construction have been occasionally reported.

Last edited by Jason@JacFab; 08-13-2012 at 10:39 AM.
Old 08-13-2012, 10:36 AM   #42
Mikamaro
MikeNoMaro

Drives: A 2016 Challenger R/T M6 STP
Congrats! Looks great!

Track Day Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/mrgoodman2000/videos
Built #83817, Born January 18th, Christened June 11th 2010, Stolen October 3rd 2016.
Mikamaro is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cai, dyno, intake, jacfab, velocity