Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Members Classifieds - Parts for sale or wanted > Audio / Visual / Electronics/ Gauges / Nav

Old 01-22-2015, 10:50 PM   #1
j.curt

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS
Scosche Dash Kit (Damaged)

I have a dash kit that was bought from a member on this forum. As you can see, there is some problems with it. Scosche will not warranty it being the previous owner made modifications to it to make the JVC head unit fit. I have no idea how much it will cost to fix it. If you think you can fix it, send me an offer to purchase.

Disclaimer: This thing is beat up and obviously not working right. I am letting you know up front. Be very careful on who you buy from on this forum. The pictures sent did not show all this damage.
Attached Images

j.curt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 07:23 PM   #2
GetYouOne

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
if its within 90 days and u paid by paypal I would file a claim or get with the seller and come to a resolution. Not cool to sell someone something that doesnt work unless you were already aware of what was done.
GetYouOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 07:32 PM   #3
j.curt

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetYouOne View Post
if its within 90 days and u paid by paypal I would file a claim or get with the seller and come to a resolution. Not cool to sell someone something that doesnt work unless you were already aware of what was done.
This setup was sold twice on here in about a month. The guy I bought it from was the second owner and only had it a short while. It was never installed by him and U truly believe he was unaware of the issue. I'm sure he would take it back but that doesn't help the $170 I paid for install lol. As you can see, I got ripped off on the install as well. Not a good investment to say the least. Live and learn.
Old 01-23-2015, 07:43 PM   #4
GetYouOne

I agree best of luck.
Old 01-24-2015, 05:25 PM   #5
strtsol1109

Drives: ZTS pearl in autoflex
I was the original seller, and the dash kit and head unit worked 100% perfect. I also packed it amazing when shipped. I sent the other buyer pics through txt from the day I took it out of it all working fine, I can also see from the pics visible Knicks that weren't there when I sold it.
Full MBRP 3in exhaust, Vitesse TC, BBK LT, black iceolator, VMAX TB, vararam, LG coils, zl1 reps, zl1 front bumper, zl1 grille, zl1 rockers, CF Copo hood, CF trunk, gm blade wing, HAVOC diffuser, APR splitter, dipped SS calipers
strtsol1109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 06:37 PM   #6
j.curt

Quote:
Originally Posted by strtsol1109 View Post
I was the original seller, and the dash kit and head unit worked 100% perfect. I also packed it amazing when shipped. I sent the other buyer pics through txt from the day I took it out of it all working fine, I can also see from the pics visible Knicks that weren't there when I sold it.
Unfortunately, it is your word against his. I ultimately lost is the whole thing. I bought it from the second buyer shortly after he bought it. I think he used the same boxes and packing material you sold it to him with. The warranty is void because of all the cutting on the kit itself. Talking to the company, there is no way shipping could of caused the damage without breaking the screen. On the bright side, the head unit does work.
Old 01-24-2015, 10:18 PM   #7
GetYouOne

How much did u pay for the unit itself j.curt?
Old 01-24-2015, 10:28 PM   #8
j.curt

Quote:
How much did u pay for the unit itself j.curt?
Paid about $150 for the dash kit. I will make you a deal and sell it to you for $125. Everything works great lol.
Old 01-24-2015, 10:31 PM   #9
GetYouOne

I would say those 2 need to get together and figure out how to reimburse u the $150. Cant hack up a unit and take the warranty away. Like u said its his word against the other guys.
Old 01-25-2015, 11:12 AM   #10
rhunley14

Drives: Camaro SS
I can tell you I just opened the box. Had bought to put in my other Camaro and decided not to install as I may sale Camaro. I pulled it only to send pics to jcurt. I cannot tell you whether the screen was damaged as I never had it installed. Will say it was packaged fine and I shipped it to jcurt in same box and package. I can assure you I would not sale a damaged product knowingly that I was told from original seller unit was good. I filed a claim with paypal yesterday.
rhunley14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 04:24 PM   #11
j.curt

Quote:
I would say those 2 need to get together and figure out how to reimburse u the $150. Cant hack up a unit and take the warranty away. Like u said its his word against the other guys.
Being the kit still works, just not well, I think it would be fair to ask for half the money back. I think that is a good compromise. Obviously the seller is not going to admit to selling a broken unit, whether he knew or not.
Old 01-25-2015, 06:09 PM   #12
Knockoutpie

Drives: 2014 2SS RS Coupe
Unfortunately in a case like this you will more than likely not get a reimbursement unless the buyers choose to. As the item was installed in your vehicle and modified it voids Paypal dispute and return policy, and the item was also used.

Going through a dispute myself I learned that any modification or installation of an item will void any sort of ability to get a refund of any sorts unless buy chooses to help you out. Sorry bud. Might have to take a loss on this one. On the bright side it would be a nice project for someone who wants to repair and paint it.
Old 01-25-2015, 06:29 PM   #13
j.curt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockoutpie View Post
Unfortunately in a case like this you will more than likely not get a reimbursement unless the buyers choose to. As the item was installed in your vehicle and modified it voids Paypal dispute and return policy, and the item was also used.

Going through a dispute myself I learned that any modification or installation of an item will void any sort of ability to get a refund of any sorts unless buy chooses to help you out. Sorry bud. Might have to take a loss on this one. On the bright side it would be a nice project for someone who wants to repair and paint it.
It was sold modified so the original owner already voided the warranty. Unfortunately, the only way to know that this was working or not was to install. I still don't understand why someone would sell something that is broken. You can say you didn't know or it wasn't broke when you shipped it but there is no way shipping caused the screen to look like that. The screen is in good condition, it is something internal that is causing the lines. As bad as it was hacked up to modify the opening, it doesn't surprise me that there are problems. Whoever installed it originally had no idea what they were doing. This kit was made to fit all head units. I think they thought that the head unit trim was supposed to be installed so they cut the opening to fit it. Like I said in my original post, you have to be very careful who you buy from. This will be the last time I buy something used from the forum.
Old 01-25-2015, 07:14 PM   #14
ToolFan66

Drives: 2011 2SS 6.2L W/RS package
First of all I would never install anything that had nicks or cracks.

Second I would file a PayPal claim and get that POS ready to ship back.

KooKs LT Headers, Borla S-Type cat back, RotoFab CAI, Bo White PTB, RMCR tune...
ToolFan66 is offline   Reply With Quote