Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Members Classifieds - Parts for sale or wanted > Audio / Visual / Electronics/ Gauges / Nav

Old 01-25-2015, 10:50 PM   #15
GetYouOne

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
If STRTSOL modified it and voided the warranty then he is responsible.
GetYouOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 09:42 PM   #16
strtsol1109

Drives: ZTS pearl in autoflex
First off I didn't mod it, I bought it off the forum like that, second off I used it for a year with no problems in the modded form. How in the hell would I be responsible? Lol
Full MBRP 3in exhaust, Vitesse TC, BBK LT, black iceolator, VMAX TB, vararam, LG coils, zl1 reps, zl1 front bumper, zl1 grille, zl1 rockers, CF Copo hood, CF trunk, gm blade wing, HAVOC diffuser, APR splitter, dipped SS calipers
strtsol1109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 09:45 PM   #17
strtsol1109

And as you can clearly see in my fs thread that it worked fine, plus didn't have any of the Knicks or dents in the casing it has now.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=375772
Full MBRP 3in exhaust, Vitesse TC, BBK LT, black iceolator, VMAX TB, vararam, LG coils, zl1 reps, zl1 front bumper, zl1 grille, zl1 rockers, CF Copo hood, CF trunk, gm blade wing, HAVOC diffuser, APR splitter, dipped SS calipers
Old 01-26-2015, 10:23 PM   #18
j.curt

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS
Your pictures are very dark and hard to see. Also, the trim ring can go on a couple different ways. You are seeing the same dings, they just look like they are new. I'm not saying you sold this unit broken, but you have to see it from my point of view. It works fine for a year and the you all of the sudden sell it? The kit itself it super hacked up, the original owner had no idea how to install it. You sent pictures to everyone the same day you sold it except to the person who actually bought it. The head unit itself is in good working condition. You left a CD in it but it was scratched up and wouldn't play. I still have it if you want me to send it back to you. I believe it is a J Cole CD.

I can't pass blame on any one person, all I know is that the kit is broken. Like I keep saying, you have to be super careful on who you buy from. If it was me, I would refund the money and file a claim with the shipping carrier. That is me though, I am different then most people. Overall I am out 150 for the kit and 170 for the install and still need to purchase another dash kit. Obviously I will buy this new so I am out another 250. Live and learn!!!
j.curt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 10:36 PM   #19
strtsol1109

Now you're not making any sense also.... The trim ring can go on 2 ways the top right and bottom left of my pictures there's no Knicks where they are in your pics. I didn't all of a sudden sell it, I opted for the factory unit because I never did any further audio upgrades but I need to see my gauges for my tt setup..... I sent pictures to no one but the person who purchased it via text, and the best thing of all its 2014 with a head unit that has every audio capability, why the hell would I use a cd, let alone a rap cd and I don't listen to rap.... Someone's lying to you and it's probably not the person with 20k in mods and replying to you every time you say something about it that also halal multiple sales on here and a good trader rating... Also I sold him a dash kit headunit and xm module, His fs thread was just the scoshe kit with no pics!
Old 01-26-2015, 10:58 PM   #20
j.curt

Quote:
Originally Posted by strtsol1109 View Post
Now you're not making any sense also.... The trim ring can go on 2 ways the top right and bottom left of my pictures there's no Knicks where they are in your pics. I didn't all of a sudden sell it, I opted for the factory unit because I never did any further audio upgrades but I need to see my gauges for my tt setup..... I sent pictures to no one but the person who purchased it via text, and the best thing of all its 2014 with a head unit that has every audio capability, why the hell would I use a cd, let alone a rap cd and I don't listen to rap.... Someone's lying to you and it's probably not the person with 20k in mods and replying to you every time you say something about it that also halal multiple sales on here and a good trader rating... Also I sold him a dash kit headunit and xm module, His fs thread was just the scoshe kit with no pics!

Good to know.....And again, I am not blaming anyone, just stating the obvious that it is broken. I think anyone on this forum would be doing the same thing I am doing if they were sold a defective item. If you still have the time stamped text messages with the unit working, can you send me those in a PM? Thanks
Old 01-27-2015, 12:18 AM   #21
GetYouOne

SRTSOL if the unit was modded in anyway then that should of been mentioned in the for sale thread. If I was buying a used unit that has a warranty and somehow that is voided I would pass. I'm sure the guy that bought urs had no knowledge of that unless that was pointed out in a PM or text, but if that info was passed onto J.Curt I'm sure he would of passed knowing the circumstances. Like he said someone is not coming forward, but sucks the guy is out the money on a faulty unit and installation.

J.Curt thats why I bought a new kit just never know what your gonna get on here. Sad, but true.
Old 01-27-2015, 12:24 AM   #22
j.curt

Does anyone want to donate to the j.curt dash kit fund lol. I only need $247.95 more dollars.
Old 01-27-2015, 09:24 AM   #23
strtsol1109

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.curt View Post
Good to know.....And again, I am not blaming anyone, just stating the obvious that it is broken. I think anyone on this forum would be doing the same thing I am doing if they were sold a defective item. If you still have the time stamped text messages with the unit working, can you send me those in a PM? Thanks

I don't have any of the texts any more it was more then 2 months ago I don't save txts from 2 days ago, who does...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetYouOne View Post
SRTSOL if the unit was modded in anyway then that should of been mentioned in the for sale thread. If I was buying a used unit that has a warranty and somehow that is voided I would pass. I'm sure the guy that bought urs had no knowledge of that unless that was pointed out in a PM or text, but if that info was passed onto J.Curt I'm sure he would of passed knowing the circumstances. Like he said someone is not coming forward, but sucks the guy is out the money on a faulty unit and installation.

J.Curt thats why I bought a new kit just never know what your gonna get on here. Sad, but true.

Why are you even speaking, the thread which you're too stupid to read CLEARLY states the dash kit was trimmed to fit the headunit.
Old 01-27-2015, 10:46 AM   #24
GetYouOne

No where in the thread was mentioned the warranty is voided.

Good luck J.Curt hopefully u get some money back.

Quote:
I don't have any of the texts any more it was more then 2 months ago I don't save txts from 2 days ago, who does...

Why are you even speaking, the thread which you're too stupid to read CLEARLY states the dash kit was trimmed to fit the headunit.
Old 01-27-2015, 12:17 PM   #25
rhunley14

Drives: Camaro SS
I sent him pics of it in box. The kit never moved from the box except for me to take pics to send to J Curt. The pics I sent showed the cuts in dash kit but I assumed the kit worked. I can tell you I'm not lying about the kit as I had not had it installed. Audio concepts do all my installs. There in conyers. Feel free to call and ask if we had it installed. I'm not saying the primary guy new it was broke. Maybe it got damaged being removed but I had no clue it was damaged. Just opened the box and shipped.
rhunley14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 12:18 PM   #26
rhunley14

Drives: Camaro SS
That was not my cd either lol. Don't even know who that is and haven't bought or listened to cd in five years..
rhunley14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 10:42 PM   #27
j.curt

I am at a loss of what I should do at this point. Nobody is going to take blame obviously. I don't think rhunley14 ever installed the unit. All the call history was still in the unit there were not any phone numbers (outgoing, incoming or missed) for his area code.
Old 01-27-2015, 10:44 PM   #28
j.curt

Quote:

I do not save texts either but I also do not take the time to go through and delete them on daily basis. I also don't go through my phone and delete all my pictures. Again, this is just me but you asked "who does."