Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > Canada

Old 10-27-2013, 04:27 PM   #1
Tyler H
XLR8TNG

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
All tucked in for the season!

I had the goal of getting 5000km's on my car this year but was only able to get to 4710km's. Decided to get her all prepared for hibernation on Friday after seeing the upcoming forecast. Yesterday was 18 Celsius and gorgeous and just like that Bam! Sub zero and snowing like a buggar today! I know the snow will melt off still before winter hits but with the temps only getting to a high of 8 by 4 in the afternoons for the next week and a half that spells curtains for my ZL1. I know the car can handle cold but those Goodyear F1 G2's sure can't. The bulletin posted by Goodyear on these tires is quite clear on what precautions need to be followed to avoid the tires cracking. Had them replaced once by the dealer due to cold weather cracking when the car was delivered last Boxing Day via flat deck and refuse to have the same happen again now that is on my dime! Still don't get why that tire gets put on a car that is to be delivered in Canada. When they need replacing due to wear I will install some Michelin PS2's and not have to worry any more. My last Camaro had those Pirrelli P Zero's which were kinda crappy to drive on in the cold if you were looking for some handling but at least you had the option on a nice fall or even winter day if the roads were clear. So an early to bed and late to rise agenda will be the path for now. Now it's back to crusin Camaro 5 instead of crusin the roads!
Tyler H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 05:22 PM   #2
backbaconrules

Drives: 2011 LT Black
That's some pretty impressive km's you put on it. I hardly got any driving in this summer.
backbaconrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 07:27 PM   #3
stevey_frac

Drives: 2010 LT2/RS Coupe
15k so far this year. Gotta get my winters on soon for much the same reason.
275 / 40 / 20 Continental ExtremeContact DW's on all corners

Next up:
Magnaflow Resonated X-Pipe (Purchased but not installed)
EBC Redstuff street pads
Carbotech XP8 / XP12 track pads
1LE Track Pack

Note: This car built by JDP Motorsports!
stevey_frac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 07:47 AM   #4
Tyler H
XLR8TNG

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by backbaconrules View Post
That's some pretty impressive km's you put on it. I hardly got any driving in this summer.
I drive to my place in Radium B.C. each week in the summer months. It's a 500km round trip. That accounts for almost all the km's on my car. That highway 93 is one of the nicest stretches of road and even more fun in a Camaro! My goal each year is to put at least 5k on my car. Ended up taking my SUV a couple of weeks so I ended up falling a bit short. Bahaha!
Tyler H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 06:06 PM   #5
mjrracing97
Bumblebee1961

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS Transformers Edition
Send a message via Skype™ to mjrracing97
Roughly 6932K just in the four cruises we did this year plus all of the little daytrips, we can hardly wait for next year but for now Big Bee is going in to the barn for a nice long sleep. while in it. Take care and stay warm.
Cheers Jim and Myrna
mjrracing97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 07:17 PM   #6
synergy2ss

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Coupe
I put just over 3000 km on this year, tucked her away into heated storage on Friday...Miss her already
synergy2ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 06:37 PM   #7
Vipercar

Drives: 2010 IOM 2LT/RS
Put on 3500 km this summer and put her away Oct 5. Please come again soon summer, winter seems so long!
Vipercar is offline   Reply With Quote