Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 11-26-2010, 01:49 PM   #43
IndeedSS1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1969to2010 View Post
that part of my post wasnt directed toward you about money at all actually thought your posts have been fair
I know and appreciate that. I was afraid that with the other negative post, one in particular, my opinion may appear as negative as well. Thanks

CAI has a cai for the L67 that I thought was great. At least on my Impala SS that box would seal against a huge open area in the fenderwell and even behind the headlight. The layout afforded by this car was more optimal for truely cold abundant air than is available on the Camaro. Another reason why removing the washer bottle and/or adding the ADM scoop is a good thing.

Temps: Thanks for checking those. I'm not even sure if the fluid could make it to 150*, that by the time it went through the plumbing on a cold day it would be close to it originating temp. Just a food for thought post.

Last edited by IndeedSS1; 11-26-2010 at 03:12 PM.
IndeedSS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 02:50 PM   #44
1969to2010
The Man in Black

Drives: 1969 Camaro 2010 Camaro 1SS
its all good brother
Old 01-07-2011, 05:33 PM   #45
ParisTNDude
Owning SSes for 50 Years

Drives: Sharkskin Grey LT1
I've had my Vararam for about 800 miles and can't over-emphsize what a difference in power it made. I had a K&N on it until Vararam got the final product out and you can feel the difference between the two. I was pretty sure the K&N added SOTP HP, but it made a lot of WOT noise which was great, and may have made it sound like it had more power! The Vararam does away with the 90 degree turn into the throttlebody and it doesn't make a lot of intake sound. With my mods and the Vararam, my 1SS L99 went from about 13.4 at 105 or so to 12.7 at 111mph. Buy the Vararam, it's worth it!

I just ordered a Vmax ported throttlebody today and can't wait for it to arrive. I read somewhere that the Vmax will make a larger HP increase with a straight in CAI like the Vararam (they dynoed the Vmax on a Vette with a Vararam, I think). They say it can make as much as 10 - 12 HP. Of course, I'm hoping to FEEL the difference and can't wait 'til the drag strips reopen. I ordered the VMax from Janetty who had the best deal I could find...a higher core charge, but a lower overall price than some of the others.

Previous Performance Cars:

1966 Chevelle SS 4M, 2010 Corvette 6M
1968 Dodge Charger R/T Auto 2012 1SS 6M
1982 Corvette Auto 2010 1SS 6A
1984 Corvette Auto 2016 2SS 8A
1999 Camaro Auto 2017 HBM 1SS 1le
2002 C5 Corvette 6M 2018 2SS
2006 Corvette Auto 2023 Camaro LT1

Last edited by ParisTNDude; 01-07-2011 at 11:38 PM. Reason: Clarify the Core Charge on VMax
ParisTNDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 06:06 PM   #46
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisTNDude View Post
Buy the Vararam, it's worth it and I ordered mine from Janetty who had the best deal I could find...a higher core charge, but a lower overall price than some of the others.
What do you mean by core charge? What core charge is there for the Vararam?

I looked on Janetty's site and didn't see the Vararam. Guess I'll have to PM him.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 07:01 PM   #47
Nomad

Drives: '11 2SS/RS RJT M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post

I looked on Janetty's site and didn't see the Vararam. Guess I'll have to PM him.
I believe he means the VMax ported throttle body. There is no core charge for the Vararam.
Vararam CAI, Elite Engineering Catch Can, Separate Clutch Fluid Reservoir, Ghost Armor Full Protection Package, Chromed Turn Signal Bulbs, RPI Stealth Splash Guards, Skip Shift Eliminator, Defenderworx Chrome Bowtie Inserts, Pfadt Trailing Arms, Camaro Decal Store CGM Hood Spears with "376ci" custom text, Billet Depot/Drake Underhood Polished Caps, CGM Lug Nut Decals, Pedders Front Radius Rod Inserts, JacFab Front License Plate Bracket
Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 08:34 PM   #48
IndeedSS1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
Quote:

Jannetty doesn't sell the VaraRam. I got mine from MarylandSpeed for 383 shipped. You can get one from VaraRam or I hear if you contact Lashaway that they have really good prices as well.

She is only memory now.
IndeedSS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 08:51 PM   #49
jdenotter

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,M6,Black w/CGM Stripes
Lashway FTW! Best price hands down!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

3" RDP Motorsports aggressive cat-back exhaust w/ x-pipe, Vararam CAI, Hurst's short throw shifter, Gary's Customs painted bowties, Ofer's HID DRL/Fog Light wiring harness, Kelvin 8K HID DRL bulbs, ZL1 grille. Johnson's window tint film, LSR lowering springs, Metra dash kit with Pioneer In-Dash DVD head unit.
jdenotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 11:35 PM   #50
ParisTNDude
Owning SSes for 50 Years

Drives: Sharkskin Grey LT1
Quote:

Core Charge was for the Vmax CNC Throttlebody. Sorry if I confused the issue.

Previous Performance Cars:

1966 Chevelle SS 4M, 2010 Corvette 6M
1968 Dodge Charger R/T Auto 2012 1SS 6M
1982 Corvette Auto 2010 1SS 6A
1984 Corvette Auto 2016 2SS 8A
1999 Camaro Auto 2017 HBM 1SS 1le
2002 C5 Corvette 6M 2018 2SS
2006 Corvette Auto 2023 Camaro LT1
ParisTNDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 12:16 AM   #51
caverman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdenotter View Post
Lashway FTW! Best price hands down!

Contacted them but Maryland Speed still has them beat by a little.

Thanks for the heads up though.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
Old 01-08-2011, 12:27 AM   #52
KEEP RT
Wonderfully Awful Idea

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96/10SS View Post
Im really leaning towards the vararam intake from the threads ive been reading. how many people are running this intake and why did you go with it? are you happy with your decision? thanks for the input
It is my first engine mod. Am I happy-YES! quicker throttle response, you can feel a definite power increase and remember I've no other mods at this point to attribute the gains to. Why Vararam you ask? Its simple just look at it. Sure it's not a big long round tube with a 90 degree bend in it with the filter stuffed in a box that now has to have a scoop to get a more direct flow of fresh cold air. (But if you need that look?????) It' just the most direct, shortest path that is getting its cold air off the front of the car about 2'+ above the hot pavement.
Sure that pipe looks cool but some of those units don't even have a shield to keep out the hot engine compartment air. When it comes to making HP and TQ I'll go with common sence over looks any day. Another thing to remember Chrome looks good but it dosent make it run any better. It just costs more. Best wishes.
Old 01-08-2011, 09:25 PM   #53
jdenotter

Quote:
Contacted them but Maryland Speed still has them beat by a little.

Thanks for the heads up though.
Not sure what they quoted you but mine was cheaper not much but cheaper. One reason why I didn't go with Maryland Speed.

3" RDP Motorsports aggressive cat-back exhaust w/ x-pipe, Vararam CAI, Hurst's short throw shifter, Gary's Customs painted bowties, Ofer's HID DRL/Fog Light wiring harness, Kelvin 8K HID DRL bulbs, ZL1 grille. Johnson's window tint film, LSR lowering springs, Metra dash kit with Pioneer In-Dash DVD head unit.
Old 01-08-2011, 09:27 PM   #54
jdenotter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEEP RT View Post
It is my first engine mod. Am I happy-YES! quicker throttle response, you can feel a definite power increase and remember I've no other mods at this point to attribute the gains to. Why Vararam you ask? Its simple just look at it. Sure it's not a big long round tube with a 90 degree bend in it with the filter stuffed in a box that now has to have a scoop to get a more direct flow of fresh cold air. (But if you need that look?????) It' just the most direct, shortest path that is getting its cold air off the front of the car about 2'+ above the hot pavement.
Sure that pipe looks cool but some of those units don't even have a shield to keep out the hot engine compartment air. When it comes to making HP and TQ I'll go with common sence over looks any day. Another thing to remember Chrome looks good but it dosent make it run any better. It just costs more. Best wishes.
Personally I would go with long tube+catback for my first.mod. This is a close second. However its a good choice,.first or last.

Old 01-08-2011, 09:45 PM   #55
caverman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdenotter View Post
Not sure what they quoted you but mine was cheaper not much but cheaper. One reason why I didn't go with Maryland Speed.

Lashway: $399

Maryland speed: $383

both shipped to the door.
Build Journal
Old 01-09-2011, 02:00 PM   #56
jdenotter

Quote:
Lashway: $399

Maryland speed: $383

both shipped to the door.
Well if that's the price he gave you then ok. I can say mine was better lol but maybe because I was the first person to buy one from him lol. Good choice either way.