Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 12-26-2008, 07:08 PM   #43
Tango16

Drives: 67 RS/SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
It's most definitely NOT their job. So any and all respect is expected to be shown towards them. Steve was doing just that.

I haven't thanked you yet, Number 3!
Number 3 Quote:"For me, your excitement is what makes my job really satisfying. The paycheck helps, but I really love your passion and excitement for this car."

Not their job?
Tango16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 07:13 PM   #44
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango16 View Post
Number 3 Quote:"For me, your excitement is what makes my job really satisfying. The paycheck helps, but I really love your passion and excitement for this car."

Not their job?
They don't need to be on this site. So...no, it's not their job to report back to us, as you said. HeatherR, and Number 3 aren't paid to drive the cars, afaik...consider it more of a perk. My point was that those from GM who post here aren't side-shows at some county fair. Please be a little more respectful towards them, as you would any member.

Back to the test car, please.
Number 3, can you post any of your thoughts regarding the LT's handling, road-manners, etc?
Old 12-26-2008, 07:13 PM   #45
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Drives: 2017 ZL1 NGM A10
Quote:

Not their job?
Tango, give it a rest. Number3 and HeatherR have been great at giving us a peak at life with this car. Let's just show them some respect. They didn't HAVE to post anything on here. I think we all appreciate them, whether it is their job or not.
Inspector 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 07:28 PM   #46
Tango16

I'm as passionate about this car as anyone. The first car i bought when i was 16 was a 67 that i bought with saved money after working at a fast food restaurant for two years and that i still own to this day. Most of my friends had Camaros. My Mother bought the Berlinetta the first year it bowed in 79. I've been looking forward to a retro camaro for the past 2 decades. In my opinion the designs have been subpar at best the past 20 years. The 5th Gen is a great design that i hope is a sgreat in person as on paper.

My biggest complaint, and if everyone doesn't back me up on this you're an idiot, is the way the car is being rolled out.

The on-line press conference was held in a freak'n garage that didn't do it justice.

The dealers have no idea what they are selling. Has anyone at GM heard about "web-conferencing"? There is no control by Corporate GM on how they are taking deposits. I had one dealer ask for 4k down and another ask for $100 down.

What would it take to produce a brochure that explains all options along with a color swatch?

You ask the consumers to show GM respect? They're not showing us any at this point.

Put the money into brochures instead of paying a dozen people to ride around the country and give you their pre-scripted canned answers to our questions.

Don't question my passion or love for the car when i'm buying it from a picture.

Step up GM and give us the appropriate tools to evaluate and purchase the car. It is no wonder that they are in financial trouble. Get your house in order so that we acually get to have a 5th gen Camaro.
Old 12-26-2008, 07:28 PM   #47
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
Quote:
When you add the 21" wheel option you're paying 45k, do the math.
I did the math. A 2SS with every factory option box ticked is $38,540. That would mean the 21 inch wheels are $7000ish and I humbly suggest that if you're paying $7,000 for wheels, you very much are Doing It Wrong.

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
shining at the end of every day
Just a dream away
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 07:28 PM   #48
fixxer56
Thin Blue Line

Drives: ABM 2LT/RS #10094
Send a message via AIM to fixxer56
Number 3, Any chance for a video with sound of the V-6 engine? We'd all appreciate it...someone just posted a video of Heathers ride with sound.Again, thanks for your posts! They are appreciated by all members here
Old 12-26-2008, 07:29 PM   #49
z28camaro2471
C5 Member #227

Drives: Camaros
Quote:
It's their job to report back. Don't be so worried about offending them. We're shelling out 45k for a car froma Company that needs the public behind them. Grow a pair and ask whatever you want.
Maybe you can put your pair back in your pants and be a little more respectful. He was just trying to be polite. Which by the way is something often lacking when users post with relative anonymity.

z28camaro2471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 07:32 PM   #50
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
Quote:
I'm as passionate about this car as anyone. The first car i bought when i was 16 was a 67 that i bought with saved money after working at a fast food restaurant for two years and that i still own to this day. Most of my friends had Camaros. My Mother bought the Berlinetta the first year it bowed in 79. I've been looking forward to a retro camaro for the past 2 decades. In my opinion the designs have been subpar at best the past 20 years. The 5th Gen is a great design that i hope is a sgreat in person as on paper.

My biggest complaint, and if everyone doesn't back me up on this you're an idiot, is the way the car is being rolled out.

The on-line press conference was held in a freak'n garage that didn't do it justice.

The dealers have no idea what they are selling. Has anyone at GM heard about "web-conferencing"? There is no control by Corporate GM on how they are taking deposits. I had one dealer ask for 4k down and another ask for $100 down.

What would it take to produce a brochure that explains all options along with a color swatch?

You ask the consumers to show GM respect? They're not showing us any at this point.

Put the money into brochures instead of paying a dozen people to ride around the country and give you their pre-scripted canned answers to our questions.

Don't question my passion or love for the car when i'm buying it from a picture.

Step up GM and give us the appropriate tools to evaluate and purchase the car. It is no wonder that they are in financial trouble. Get your house in order so that we acually get to have a 5th gen Camaro.
We have an official color brochure on this site in PDF format. It is very nice. Dealers have their own policies on orders because they are not GM. They are independent businesses protected by franchise law. Don't like it? Take it up with your government. GM can't do anything about it, just like any other manufacturer.

These people don't get the cars to ride around the country as a PR thing. It is a product testing program, plain and simple.

I hate to be rude, but you simply have no idea how the auto industry works.

shining at the end of every day
Just a dream away
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 07:32 PM   #51
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Quote:
I'm as passionate about this car as anyone...
Tango, I certainly wasn't questioning your passion. And I don't dispute anything that you said in your post. But those things are out of the control of Number3 and HeatherR. So leave them alone and show THEM some respect. They aren't in charge of the rollout. They are simply being nice enough to share their experiences with the car.
Old 12-26-2008, 07:36 PM   #52
z28camaro2471
C5 Member #227

Drives: Camaros
Quote:
I'm as passionate about this car as anyone. The first car i bought when i was 16 was a 67 that i bought with saved money after working at a fast food restaurant for two years and that i still own to this day. Most of my friends had Camaros. My Mother bought the Berlinetta the first year it bowed in 79. I've been looking forward to a retro camaro for the past 2 decades. In my opinion the designs have been sub-par at best the past 20 years. The 5th Gen is a great design that i hope is a great in person as on paper.

Step up GM and give us the appropriate tools to evaluate and purchase the car. It is no wonder that they are in financial trouble. Get your house in order so that we actually get to have a 5th gen Camaro.
Slow down dude. We have more information on this car at this stage of its development than probably any car before it in history.

How much info did you get on your 67 BEFORE it was even being mass produced? We should be thankful that we get to hear and see impressions from drivers of pre-production cars. Sure they work for GM and will be biased. Most members on this site are pro-GM and biased.

On a more positive note, post up some pics of your 67. I love them first gens!
z28camaro2471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 07:38 PM   #53
Tango16

Quote:
Originally Posted by stovt001 View Post
I did the math. A 2SS with every factory option box ticked is $38,540. That would mean the 21 inch wheels are $7000ish and I humbly suggest that if you're paying $7,000 for wheels, you very much are Doing It Wrong.
Try to follow:

2SS $33,340.00
interior trim $1,750.00
RS pkg $1,200.00
Stripe pkg $470.00
Hurst Shifter $380.00
21' Wheel pkg $4,680.00
Tax $2,961.00
Registration $354.00

I'll let you do the math again.
Old 12-26-2008, 07:41 PM   #54
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:

They explained the garage reasoning in the beginning of the presentation. Just because you disagree doesn't make it wrong.

The dealers have lots of info out there. Yea, they could prolly do a lil better job but they have produced a dealer workbook that goes over all of the need-to-know stuff. They have produced some brochures that I got at a car show... dunno if they have it at dealerships. It is ILLEGAL for GM to force dealers into a single method of selling the cars, deposits, etc. They don't own them and franchise laws limit what they can control (not much).

Color swatches are available at dealerships now.

These people aren't "GM" they're employees that were allowed to drive a car and give GM feedback... not us. They aren't testers or test drivers of any sort, they're just normal employees who are given cars to find the everyday person sorts of issues, especially fit and finish. They are then supposed to give that feedback back to GM. They aren't PR people and their responses are not canned. If you think they are, you need a lil common sense as it's pretty obvious just from their language and the way they've posted that their responses aren't canned.
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 07:47 PM   #55
Tango16

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaropete View Post
Tango, I certainly wasn't questioning your passion. And I don't dispute anything that you said in your post. But those things are out of the control of Number3 and HeatherR. So leave them alone and show THEM some respect. They aren't in charge of the rollout. They are simply being nice enough to share their experiences with the car.
You're right, for the enthusiast you're going to find all the info you need short of seeing it in person. But the car is only going to be a success if it can appeal to a wider audience. That is the goal of any company offering any product for sale. GM is in trouble in this area. It is undeniable.
Old 12-26-2008, 07:51 PM   #56
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Quote:
You're right, for the enthusiast you're going to find all the info you need short of seeing it in person. But the car is only going to be a success if it can appeal to a wider audience. That is the goal of any company offering any product for sale. GM is in trouble in this area. It is undeniable.
I don't know Tango. There seems to be an awful lot of interest in these cars by the average public. Just look at the response that these cars have been getting out on the road. I would say that Chevy decided to do the pre-order activities to allow us enthusiasts to know a little about the car and order. I think you will see a huge blitz to the general public once this car starts hitting the road and lots. Only time will tell though for sure whether the Camaro will appeal to the general public and if it will be a huge success or not.